Miami's Administration Has Failed the Football Program for a LONG Time

drewm3i

Junior
Advertisement
This has been the most poorly run university, in all departments, for almost its entire history. It was known for that back in the day when I went there. Apparently nothing has changed and I don't think it ever will. There was some academic improvement during Shalala's term, but no one gave a rat's **** about the athletic department under her until the Shapiro mess forced her to become involved. Now, there is not a single competent person running ANYTHING at that school as far as I can see. Some things never change. The money goes into the school's coffers, and other than the mess at the medical school, there appears to be no accounting for where the rest goes.

Advertisement
Future U of Miami Trustee

giphy.gif

This has been the most poorly run university, in all departments, for almost its entire history. It was known for that back in the day when I went there. Apparently nothing has changed and I don't think it ever will. There was some academic improvement during Shalala's term, but no one gave a rat's **** about the athletic department under her until the Shapiro mess forced her to become involved. Now, there is not a single competent person running ANYTHING at that school as far as I can see. Some things never change. The money goes into the school's coffers, and other than the mess at the medical school, there appears to be no accounting for where the rest goes.

Preach on

Advertisement
Advertisement

Yup, and back in the day Miami managed to win in spite of that.

It's two decades later, college football has become a big money sport, Miami is still small-time—yet people are expecting different results?

The fact the Hurricanes won five national titles while playing for a handful more; a mini-miracle all unto itself.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back