Miami wins because of D Line Depth & Experience

Advertisement
gators go three deep at Defensive Line too...and heat will not be an advantage for either team. It's gonna come down to who ever wants in more in the 4th quarter. Kinda like 2008 with a different result this year!

You making things up? I've been looking through a gator board today and many of them are concerned about their second unit on the DL

Yes. He is. I think guys assume uf#g is deep on the DL just because they have a few star 1st teamers. They've got more proven stars than us on the DL, but we've got more solid depth. There's not much of a dropoff between most of our guys.

I agree they aren't all that deep, but the words solid and depth in tandem describing our DL is laughable. We have bodies no question but outside of Porter, Pierre, and Chick they are either not that talented or just not yet ready to make a full time impact. Robinson is a wild card, because while the kid had underwhelmed he does have talent, we are gonna need him Saturday.

gators go three deep at Defensive Line too...and heat will not be an advantage for either team. It's gonna come down to who ever wants in more in the 4th quarter. Kinda like 2008 with a different result this year!

You making things up? I've been looking through a gator board today and many of them are concerned about their second unit on the DL

Yes. He is. I think guys assume uf#g is deep on the DL just because they have a few star 1st teamers. They've got more proven stars than us on the DL, but we've got more solid depth. There's not much of a dropoff between most of our guys.

I agree they aren't all that deep, but the words solid and depth in tandem describing our DL is laughable. We have bodies no question but outside of Porter, Pierre, and Chick they are either not that talented or just not yet ready to make a full time impact. Robinson is a wild card, because while the kid had underwhelmed he does have talent, we are gonna need him Saturday.

I disagree wholeheartedly. Renfrow and Gilbert are ready to make an impact right now. AQM will surprise them with his speed. We have guys, and they're good too.

Playing a lot of guys is nice but question is - are they good enough? Fowler, Easley, Powell are difference makers. Let's see if Porter, Pierre, Chick, McCord can be.

OP is talking about attrition late in the game. Yes all the guys you named are diff makers but who are the guys behind them and how good are they? FL lost a lot of talent in the front 7 last year and its going to show up this Saturday.

Attrition only matters if the opponents don't walk down the field and score every posession, and your own offense doesn't do a 3 and out clinic in the first qtr.

I personally don't see us winning a game of attrition, mostly because that concept is completely foreign to us for many years. I can see us getting an early lead, and having the horses and playmakers to capitalize on it (UF under pressure, forcing things like passes), but overpowering UF over time? That would be a miracle not seen in maybe a decade.

Advertisement
Playing a lot of guys is nice but question is - are they good enough? Fowler, Easley, Powell are difference makers. Let's see if Porter, Pierre, Chick, McCord can be.

This is very true. Hate to say it, but they're going to be a handful on D with guys that like. The O-Line is going to be so critical in this game. I'm with the contingent that agrees we have future NFLers on that front but collectively, as a unit, may be overrated and struggle at times against good defenses. Everyone needs to be on their A-game with an opponent like UF, but I sure as **** know we have more talent on offense. We need to capitalize on that advantage. If the O-line protects Morris and gives Duke some running room, this could be the program-altering type win we need so badly right now.

As I said the defensive line depth will be the difference in this game!!!!! These boys came to play.

Advertisement
A healthy Porter has been a real game changer.

Renfrow and Gilbert have been a revelation. Instead of playing Muhammad, Kamalu, and second year defensive tackles playing too many snaps, we got these seasoned vets playing and its made all of the difference in the world.

Advertisement
Now we get a bye week and Savannah ST. These next two week will allow this team to gel even more and for the new guys to get a better understanding of the playbook. These guys up front will carry us this year and if they can stay healthy we will be in the championship.

It's All About The U!!!!!!!

Advertisement
Back