Miami will regret not hiring lane kiffin

You all are right. His game plan tonight was awful. He doesn't recruit well. And he didn't win 10 at SC. This isn't an anti CMR post. He was the safe choice. Kiffin will succeed somewhere and I believe his personality would have worked here.

His personality is what got him in trouble at every stop.

Advertisement
Kiffin has been humbled and has matured greatly under Saban. Probably will be a better HC going forward, but a very good OC.

The persona he provides again and again...

He's an accomplished tactical leader/ manager who can't (hasn't) effectively transitioned to operational or strategic roles. So far, until proven otherwise, he is a program/franchise killer and not an elevator.

Advertisement
Guy is Miami. What a great job adjusting tonight. CMR will be a good coach but Lane could have been the next JJ.

proxy_zpsk66jley2.gif

Kiffin has been humbled and has matured greatly under Saban. Probably will be a better HC going forward, but a very good OC.

lol @ being humbled....dude has /had no choice...his *** would be unemployed...

his offense still isnt good...he got 208 yds receiving from a te...that got by on a few blown covg's...and a 2 yd pass route that yield a big gain because of a missed tackle.
Nothing about watching Bama on offense impresses me ever.......GAMEPLAN, SCHEME, ROUTE COMBO,.......nothing.. They just have more jimmy and joes.

kiffin is a special playcaller, but he can't run a program the way Saban does. Saban is the master.
Not even:
Why Alabama Is Terrible On Third Down | FiveThirtyEight

Without the protective blanket of Amari Cooper, the all-world receiver who bettered Alabama’s single-season receiving yards record by more than 50 percent last year, Alabama offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin has resorted to the conservative play-calling that defined his ill-fated tenure at USC. (Seriously, Google “Kiffin bubble screen” to get a taste of how the Trojan fan base felt about his play-calling when he was the head coach there.) With relatively untested Coker under center, Kiffin will all too often call for quick throws out near the sideline to receivers Calvin Ridley and ArDarius Stewart, who then proceed to get tackled before crossing the sticks.

Advertisement
Kiffin has done a nice job, but then so did Jim McElwain and for that matter Doug Nussmeier. They are running a balanced offense. What makes Alabama go is that offensive lineman. Year-in and year-out it is terrific. And they find a feature back: Trent Richardson, Mark Ingram, Eddie Lacy, TJ Yellen and now Derrick Henry with Bo Scarborough waiting in the wings. They're running pretty basic plays with great talent.

You have a perfect exemplar already for *****in. He failed and got fired at USC which is the same program as UM.

Why would he fail there and succeed here? No one has provided an answer to that question any time I've asked it.

You have a perfect exemplar already for *****in. He failed and got fired at USC which is the same program as UM.

Why would he fail there and succeed here? No one has provided an answer to that question any time I've asked it.
Obviously he has since learned the magical secrets of coaching success just by breathing the air of the great Nick Saban.

Advertisement

You realize he had almost the exact same record at USC (28-15) that Butch had at that same point at Miami (29-14), under almost identical circumstances?

I'm glad you weren't in charge back then to fire Butch b/c of such "failure".

Advertisement
lets remember kiffing was 34 when raiders hired him. he was 36 when tennesee got him. 37 when usc hired him. he was very very young. i may even be over his age. he was arrogant and at usc he had a roster that was short scholorships 30 per year i believe. he could only have 55 scholorship players and still won 9 games.

im not saying kiffin should of been hired. im a cmr backer cmr will be the man to bring miami its next title. that said learning under saban and failure have made kiffin a better coach and less arrogant.

i think in the right situation kiffin will be a star hire. maybe even would of been for miami but cmr was better hire to me. kiffin will get another shot and i expect him to nail it when he does

He missed the team bus and they left him stranded at the stadium. LOL.

Advertisement
Back