MIAMI WILL ALWAYS BE FINE AT RB....

Walton and Williams. Two top 20 RBs nationally and people are *****ing.

LOL

Exactly, if we finished with these guys the RB class is great no matter what. Not defending golden and his struggles at all, but come on two top 150 RBs is a fine RB haul in this class. Anyone got a problem with that?? then meet me in Temecula mother ****ers

Advertisement
really dumb thread. we had 4 RB's committed at one point and all we have is a RB who reclassified meaning he wasnt even supposed to be in this class. this is a fail. he pretty much got 0 RB's for this year.

SO I guess you thought we would keep all FOUR RB's.. The goal was to keep two of them .. I personally think Scarlett didnt see beating out Walton.. It would be in Dex's best interest to be at UM he has many ways he can hurt a defense and many different positions he projects to play.

LMFAO.

You're completely missing the point. There is nothing "fine" about our RB corps, where we have now blown it on Collins, Sony, Cook, Scarlett, and Williams.

Does rationalizing abject failure really make people feel better?

The goal was to only keep 2 out of the 4 committed? What!? That wasn't the goal if you accepted all 4 commitments. That's crazy.

Enough is Enough.. Miami will always be fine at RB as long as we continue to get quality OL.

Two years when Duke went out He (Dallas Crawford) rushed for 558 yards and 12 touchdowns on 137 carries for a 4.1 yards per carry because of the Oline group. I agree with Black Vern and the others on the roster that Gus Edwards is the best RB on this roster now that Duke is gone I think the staff received local pressure to play Yearby early and he did okay, I think he will be better year 2 off of broken foot. But as of right now he is a change of pace to Gus Edwards.

Yearby is a change of pace to Gus Edwards and should be used as such.

From Javaris James to Graig Cooper to Damien Berry/Lamar Miller to Mike James to Duke Johnson Miami will always find someone to run the football we have to make sure Kehoe is able to get quality recruits to develop into solid lineman and we will be fine.

Jordan Scarlett is a good RB so is Jordan Cronkrite .. We made a mistake prioritizing Scarlett the way we did knowing he was waiting on an FSU offer. If we are able to land Dex Williams we are good. To me he is the perfect compliment to Mark Walton who is the best of all of them.

Like the other poster said. Sony is second fiddle to Chubb, Scarlett may not be second option honestly Ryan Green, Cook, Pender are all decent backs and there is plenty of hype around Patrick who is an early enrollee playing in Spring Game... He isnt walking into a situation the way Duke was he will regret the FSU decision. No Jamies means stacked boxes ..

If Gus is the best RB on the team we are in serious trouble. He has some speed and size but no moves and plays like a small back .

Advertisement
Miami fan needs to grow a pair. Can't you wait till signing day to get back to your endless whining and crying?

Enough is Enough.. Miami will always be fine at RB as long as we continue to get quality OL.

Two years when Duke went out He (Dallas Crawford) rushed for 558 yards and 12 touchdowns on 137 carries for a 4.1 yards per carry because of the Oline group. I agree with Black Vern and the others on the roster that Gus Edwards is the best RB on this roster now that Duke is gone I think the staff received local pressure to play Yearby early and he did okay, I think he will be better year 2 off of broken foot. But as of right now he is a change of pace to Gus Edwards.

Yearby is a change of pace to Gus Edwards and should be used as such.

From Javaris James to Graig Cooper to Damien Berry/Lamar Miller to Mike James to Duke Johnson Miami will always find someone to run the football we have to make sure Kehoe is able to get quality recruits to develop into solid lineman and we will be fine.

Jordan Scarlett is a good RB so is Jordan Cronkrite .. We made a mistake prioritizing Scarlett the way we did knowing he was waiting on an FSU offer. If we are able to land Dex Williams we are good. To me he is the perfect compliment to Mark Walton who is the best of all of them.

Like the other poster said. Sony is second fiddle to Chubb, Scarlett may not be second option honestly Ryan Green, Cook, Pender are all decent backs and there is plenty of hype around Patrick who is an early enrollee playing in Spring Game... He isnt walking into a situation the way Duke was he will regret the FSU decision. No Jamies means stacked boxes ..

il3vDJJncRXFV.gif

We're very average at RB next year and whomever we sign in a few days isn't changing that next season.

As someone else mentioned, we're screwed if Gus is our number one option. Yearby may be ahead of him, but unless a Frosh somehow sees the field before those two, that's an average at best backfield. I'm so completely underwhelmed by Yearby it isn't even funny.

How lucky are we that Walton reclassified? We're also very lucky that he loves the Canes, otherwise he'd probably be bouncing this week too.

Advertisement
Miami should never have to settle with being "fine" at RB

we should be a football factory at the position, especially lately

How the **** can someone be such a blind homer as to immediately rationalize the loss of Scarlett by assuming Dex comes to us?

What a ridiculous assumption.

Alex Collins, Sony Michel, Dalvin Cook, and Jordan Scarlett all tell their hometown team to f*** off in a three-year span. And our backfield, while still talented to a degree, undeniably lacks speed and explosiveness. But OP's over here like...

ZELFkhS.jpg

I think Yearby will be a great back and I am excited to see him take over. Dalvin was the better prospect though, sorry but it's true.

BUT that doesn't excuse the loss of Scarlett and Dex as well as Cronk.

We have people in here even talking about Dex. Dex is not committed to Miami right now. Let's first see if he even comes back to Miami...

Walton is a great back but how we went from all the guys we had to just one at this point is unreal and absurd. Idk how you ***** up that bad but that's what is the norm now with Golden.

Advertisement
When will people realize that the point isn't about Miami being "fine" at RB?

Straw man / Red Herring army: OP, CUKIO34, Hurricane Warrior, Freddie Bear, dk72, 904Cane or whaever, who else? They're only getting louder for some reason.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back