Miami vs UNC game may have to be cancelled/rescheduled

If this thing stays offshore as expected UNC will be on the calmer ( western side) of the storm as it goes by.

They will get a lot of rain on Thursday as it goes by but by Saturday the weather should be beautiful cause these thing drag all the bad weather with it.

As it’s forecast now we play and in pretty decent weather....I’m no weather man but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Making predictions right now is useless. No-one knows what the storm will do so they must err on the side of caution & possibly make an alternate plan. For those in FL that remember Charlie 15 years ago, it went from a Cat 1 to a 4 in a matter of hours, abruptly turned inland rather than proceeding north as predicted & slammed into Punta Gorda also spawning tornados etc. Horrible situation.

But, hope they can wait until Wed to make a decision. LETS GO CANES!

:stormwarningflag-sm::stormwarningflag-sm::stormwarningflag-sm:

Advertisement
These lemmings think South Carolina is good because they’re in the mythical SEC that they’re good. They suck. And Bentley has sucked forever. Did you see all the wide open receiver he missed?
Missed several open guys and he looked terrible. These soft *** "fans" was hyping up everybody yesterday. Fsu was great, unc was great, and one dude was comparing perkins to lawerence. Shît is ridiculous.

Advertisement
Let’s wait and see before everyone panics. We don’t fly out until Friday. How do u ******* know there will flooding and power outages and whatever?
I was in the USMC stationed at Camp Lejeune NC when Hurricane Floyd hit as a Cat 2. It dumped so much rain causing heavy flooding basically rendering all roads in or out impassable. Add to that there was no power - the state came to a standstill.

We had app state cancelled. Remember, all y’all were like ‘how can the kids concentrate with a hurricane enroute’ and ‘some of these kids need to go home to prepare their families’

Why is it any different for UNC? The game should be cancelled, they aren’t going to be able to practice and there will surely be a large impact to the state if it continues on its current track.

Also, when the game is cancelled or moved, don’t be acting like an *** the way the app state fans and school did.
It wasn't app state. This is a conference game. It won't be canceled. They'll move it or reschedule it.

Advertisement
Chapel hill is about as close to the Atlantic as Tampa is. If the storm is off the coast I doubt it impacts the game. If it's projected to make landfall in NC, it's another story.

Advertisement
If this thing stays offshore as expected UNC will be on the calmer ( eastern side) of the storm as it goes by.

They will get a lot of rain on Thursday as it goes by but by Saturday the weather should be beautiful cause these thing drag all the bad weather with it.

As it’s forecast now we play and in pretty decent weather....I’m no weather man but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
You may want to check your compass. If UNC was on the eastern side of the storm, it would be about 200 miles out into the Atlantic ocean. Just saying.

I was in the USMC stationed at Camp Lejeune NC when Hurricane Floyd hit as a Cat 2. It dumped so much rain causing heavy flooding basically rendering all roads in or out impassable. Add to that there was no power - the state came to a standstill.

Did that hurricane go inland or did it skirt the coast?

Advertisement
Back