Miami vs UNC game may have to be cancelled/rescheduled

Advertisement
They need to see which way it shakes tomorrow and by Monday either move the game to Miami or ride it out. Can’t cancel a conference game unless both teams kick someone off their schedule later and play some later week.
They can reschedule without having to kick anyone off their schedule

Haven’t looked at both schedules. They have the same bye week later this year?
If they don't move the game to Hard Rock the easiest alternative would be to move the UNC-Pitt game that's scheduled for Thursday Nov 14 up a week to Nov 9 (Saturday) since both Pitt and UNC have a bye that day and then have Miami-UNC either on Nov 14 (short week) or Nov 16 (Saturday)

Advertisement
We had app state cancelled. Remember, all y’all were like ‘how can the kids concentrate with a hurricane enroute’ and ‘some of these kids need to go home to prepare their families’

Why is it any different for UNC? The game should be cancelled, they aren’t going to be able to practice and there will surely be a large impact to the state if it continues on its current track.

Also, when the game is cancelled or moved, don’t be acting like an *** the way the app state fans and school did.
App st game was cancelled?

With it possibly being a Cat 4 or 5 storm that changes a lot.

The storm is expected to arrive Thursday. No way we are flying into UNC with our kids. With flooding and damage and power outages I doubt a game will be played Saturday

@DMoney have you heard anything about the game being moved?
Unlikely it's a cat 4 or 5 when it goes by NC. on Thursday. Unless the forecasting and the models are way off, we are playing Sat.

You laugh now, but UNC looked good today. We haven’t looked good since we beat ND.

UNC looked okay against a South Carolina team that is going to be .500 at best. Someone ink them in for the CFP. The more I deal with our "Fanbase" the more I realize that this group just overrates any team facing Miami, while at the same time consistently crapping on the team they allegedly give a **** about. UNC is still talent shy, and I doubt Mack Brown and that mediocre staff magically fixed years of inept recruiting in 9 months. If Miami comes out focused and Jarren learned anything from Week 0, this should be a comfortable 2 score conference win.

Advertisement
If they don't move the game to Hard Rock the easiest alternative would be to move the UNC-Pitt game that's scheduled for Thursday Nov 14 up a week to Nov 9 (Saturday) since both Pitt and UNC have a bye that day and then have Miami-UNC either on Nov 14 (short week) or Nov 16 (Saturday)

They'll move it to the 16th. Remember how we moved Georgia Tech to Saturday from Thursday night and played FSU the weekend before which would have been the bye because of Irma.

There are two other ways the game can be rescheduled:

Miami and UNC move their game to Oct. 12, and Miami and Virginia move their game to Nov. 16.

Miami and UNC move their game to Nov. 9, Miami and Louisville move their game to Sept. 28, and UNC and Pittsburgh (probably) move their Thursday night game to Saturday, Nov. 16.

Serious question @ToiletWater do you have any idea where Chapel Hill is?

It isn't close to the coast. The project is it might hit the Outer Banks as a Cat 1/2. If that holds Chapel Hill might get 30 MPH wind gusts and some rain, and it'd be clear by Friday.

Zero chance of any postponement unless the track moves significantly inland

Advertisement
Advertisement
I work in the insurance industry and got this today from one my vendors (they are estimating 1.5 billion in damages).
Oh and there’s another coming right behind this one. Just sayin.
1567312405407.jpeg

Good, the more time til we touch the field again the better. We need to sure alot of things up.

The storm is supposed to stay off the coast. 2nd Chapel hill is pretty far from the coast of NC. And 3rd the whole flying thing. You do know you can easily fly around a storm right? The storm will be off the coast no where near to chapel hill. All you have to do is not fly across the Atlantic.

Advertisement
Back