Miami Vs UF

If we don’t handicap Ward on offense, Miami wins by 10-17.

Billy will scheme up some decent misdirection play-action looks early, but our defense should adjust and the pass rush will take over.

Advertisement
- Have to consistently pressure Mertz
- Have to tackle Wilson on the never ending screens (go look at his average last season 8 yards a catch - he’s the screen king there)
- Have to use the advantage over their OL to throw the run game out of whack (their OL likely won’t be as terrible as last year but it didn’t really improve at all)
- Have to score early to keep the crowd at bay (Cam’s ability to extend the play is what should do this)
- The OL has to absolutely maul that weak *** DL especially on the edges

Advertisement
- Have to consistently pressure Mertz
- Have to tackle Wilson on the never ending screens (go look at his average last season 8 yards a catch - he’s the screen king there)
- Have to use the advantage over their OL to throw the run game out of whack (their OL likely won’t be as terrible as last year but it didn’t really improve at all)
- Have to score early to keep the crowd at bay (Cam’s ability to extend the play is what should do this)
- The OL has to absolutely maul that weak *** DL especially on the edges

What’s their depth chart on their front 7 this year vs last year?

Last year they were 116th in the country in YPC allowed.

89th in YPG allowed rushing.

108th in TFL’s per game.

90th in the country in sacks per game.

The only guy on the team with more than 2.5 sacks left. He also led the team in TFL’s.

But I know they were super young last year. They get anyone in the portal? Or they rolling out the same kids that got absolutely steamrolled except Princely bounced on em?

What’s their depth chart on their front 7 this year vs last year?

Last year they were 116th in the country in YPC allowed.

89th in YPG allowed rushing.

108th in TFL’s per game.

90th in the country in sacks per game.

The only guy on the team with more than 2.5 sacks left. He also led the team in TFL’s.

But I know they were super young last year. They get anyone in the portal? Or they rolling out the same kids that got absolutely steamrolled except Princely bounced on em?
They are banking on the transfer DT Kam Jackson to take a big leap and the young kids to develop. They landed that Ivy League DT Slackman who had a million offers but I’ll assume that transition won’t be immediate.

They also are banking on Shemar’s return at LB paired with the big LB they got from USCe Howard but again it’s all translation to positions.

You look at that defense and maybe they play more fundamentally sound with the new coach they brought in to watch that puffy ******* they had last year at DC but I just don’t see the playmakers on that defense. Our OL should absolutely SMOTHER them at the line of scrimmage

Where are the canes fans sitting in the swamp?

I’m pretty sure I’m going to the game with my daughter who’s a student there. Business decision. We’ve had our eye on this game for a while now. She’s is going to score 2 tickets but they will be in the student section. Lord help me! I gotta be on best behavior and I hate that fan base more than any other.

We Roll!!!

Neutral field that should be a little bit higher, but considering the amazing home-field advantage that the swamp is…

View attachment 283106
Yep, I been to the swamp a few times. Stands are always full, even against teams like Fl AM, so the home field stuff is real. Hopefully we learn how to use tight ends and more than two running plays. I am ready though can’t wait go canes

Advertisement
…Stands are always full, even against teams like Fl AM, so the home field stuff is real…

You mean like this:

IMG_4140.jpeg

Or like this:

IMG_4138.jpeg

And again…

IMG_4141.jpeg

It’ll be packed for Miami because you guys hate us, but they don’t get the kind of turnout you’re saying they do for the scrub teams. In fact, they’ve even had turnout problems for teams like Missouri, a conference opponent.

Their defense will have to make a huge leap just to get back to being average. They were one of the worst P5 defenses in the nation last year. They were young so they’re banking on improvement because they’re not bringing back any significant contributors from last year.

Offensively, they were up and down. Mertz was better than expected but he’s very much a game manager type who wants to dink and dunk you to death. He won’t lose games with bad throws but you can’t count on him to carry your team either. Their only explosive receiver from last year graduated and the guys they return all averaged like 9 yards per catch. They also lost their most talented running back to the portal. They are going to need a bunch of unproven players to step up just like the defense.

Florida isn’t good but they’re not total garbage. Their schedule makes it hard for me to see more than four or five wins but they’d likely be a middle of the road ACC team.

Advertisement
This game has all kinds of downsides. We should win big. It should be an embarrassment. Mario has a tendency to out smart himself and hide the good stuff from film in those kind of games.

On the other hand is giving them a beating will just make me turn 15-0 again only to get let down.

To answer your question it should be higher. -7.5
Mario has a tendency to turn any game vs a team with ok talent in to a rock fight. The screens the repeated iz handoffs in to the A gap is poor game planning at its finest. Any adversity at all and we turtle and try to control the t.o.p. and play scared football.

This game will be much closer than it should due to one team (Miami) trying to play not to lose. The other will play to win..explosive plays..multiple formations...misdirection...even with a possible true freshman qb. Sad to say the line should be UF-1. We haven't won games we should win on the road in years.

Advertisement
Mario has a tendency to turn any game vs a team with ok talent in to a rock fight. The screens the repeated iz handoffs in to the A gap is poor game planning at its finest. Any adversity at all and we turtle and try to control the t.o.p. and play scared football.

This game will be much closer than it should due to one team (Miami) trying to play not to lose. The other will play to win..explosive plays..multiple formations...misdirection...even with a possible true freshman qb. Sad to say the line should be UF-1. We haven't won games we should win on the road in years.
If we play like we did against A&M in 2023, we win big. If we play scared like against A&M in 2022, it’s a toss up

Advertisement
Back