Miami vs Notre Dame Idea...

I guess there is more of a chance that we play them every year because they join the ACC in football than there is that we play them every year while they are an independent. And it sounds like them joining The ACC in football is about zilch. I’d say add Navy as team #16 to the ACC if ND wants that to ease their scheduling. ND could play both us and Navy every year (one as a division opponent and the other as a crossover constant).

Advertisement
1595699520914.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
It would be a great rivalry.

If Notre Dame joined the ACC on our side, it would be good for the two schools and the conference.

Take it from a guy who was there and saw Domer faces; they were furious at getting beat so badly. And they wanted another piece of us in the worst way. So, dead rivalry it is not.

I'd kinda like it to be at least an evey other year kind of thing. Same with the Gators. It shouldn't be like the ******' olympics to play a hated rival.

The biggest rivalry in football in the last 40 years - that actually determined who would play for the National Championship - was Miami/FSU, but this CIS site has pussies crying to play the Indiana ****stains. Some even referring to Miami as “convicts” (Cane “fanbase” has all types…not all good). I have to write it again: Supposed Miami fans referring to Miami as “convicts”.

Every team that plays IIT is legitimizing them as an independent. Why do it? It only enhances their brand. And why should any Miami fan want to enhance another teams brand; a team that chooses when they want to play Miami - and not the other way.

**** the IIT, and **** any “fan“ who dreams of playing them.

The biggest rivalry in football in the last 40 years - that actually determined who would play for the National Championship - was Miami/FSU, but this CIS site has pussies crying to play the Indiana ****stains. Some even referring to Miami as “convicts” (Cane “fanbase” has all types…not all good). I have to write it again: Supposed Miami fans referring to Miami as “convicts”.

Every team that plays IIT is legitimizing them as an independent. Why do it? It only enhances their brand. And why should any Miami fan want to enhance another teams brand; a team that chooses when they want to play Miami - and not the other way.

Those Late 80s...early 90s UM vs FSU games had so much (not only College, but NFL) Talent on the field it was Frightening....

Those Late 80s...early 90s UM vs FSU games had so much (not only College, but NFL) Talent on the field it was Frightening....
It was THE game of the season. You remember it used to be late in the season and they moved it to early in the season so the loser wouldnt automatically be knocked out of national championship contention.

Advertisement

Not only do I agree...But couldn't have said it better....F them....I've hated them forever...CaneinOrlando was never so happy as a youth, than when USCs Anthony Davis ran Nuts on their *** in 74/75...

Any Cane Fan that doesn't have ND at the Top of there Hate List...(With the Jorts wearing Faqquits nipping at there ***)...needs to go back and read the History between the 2 Programs....Some of the stuff makes UFs Flop in 71 seem mundane...
UiF has to be the most hated. No chance I can feel otherwise as a Cane and FL native.

Advertisement
Any Cane Fan that doesn't have ND at the Top of there Hate List...(With the Jorts wearing Faqquits nipping at there ***)...needs to go back and read the History between the 2 Programs....Some of the stuff makes UFs Flop in 71 seem mundane...

Agreed; however, I want to play them every year. I can give two ***** about their brand image nor their independence. Miami vs. Notre Dame was one of the biggest rivalry’s in the country during the 80’s. Bigger than FSU from a national standpoint. This game would be huge for Miami.

ND alternates closing seasons at USC and at Stanford. The traditional game at USC is not changing. Maybe if the Irish were to join the ACC and we’re placed in the Coastal maybe they could replace closing at Stanford with a game at Miami in alternating seasons. Miami could play at South Bend in October.

I’d love to see the FSU game annually scheduled for the same weekend as OU-Texas and a few other ‘rivalry games’. Second weekend in October, I think.

It would be a great rivalry.

If Notre Dame joined the ACC on our side, it would be good for the two schools and the conference.

Take it from a guy who was there and saw Domer faces; they were furious at getting beat so badly. And they wanted another piece of us in the worst way. So, dead rivalry it is not.

I'd kinda like it to be at least an evey other year kind of thing. Same with the Gators. It shouldn't be like the ******' olympics to play a hated rival.
A look inside the Domers locker room on the way to the field. Took this shot when we toured the stadium the year my cugina was inducted into the College Football HOF. Excuse the quality it was a while ago! The difference between FSU-ND among the UM players back then were two words...respect and hate.

1595857070409.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Back