Miami vs Notre Dame Idea...

It was THE game of the season. You remember it used to be late in the season and they moved it to early in the season so the loser wouldnt automatically be knocked out of national championship contention.
UM lost to FSU in 89 when Craig got hurt was hurt and G had a rough night as a red shirt freshman. Like you said, loss happened early and the Canes were able to regroup, beat #1 ND in late November and then beat Bama in the Sugar Bowl. Domers did us a favor and beat the Buffs in the OB and Miami wins NC #3

Advertisement
A look inside the Domers locker room on the way to the field. Took this shot when we toured the stadium the year my cugina was inducted into the College Football HOF. Excuse the quality it was a while ago! The difference between FSU-ND among the UM players back then were two words...respect and hate.

View attachment 123620

I share the sentiment.

If we lose against FSU, I am highly annoyed and irritated, and I think about it for the rest of the year.

Against Notre Dame and the Gators, it feels like being punched in the gut when you're not ready for it.

When they played us in Chicago and kicked our ***, by half time, half of the bottom was down and I was in a very foul mood.

....ugh.

UM lost to FSU in 89 when Craig got hurt was hurt and G had a rough night as a red shirt freshman. Like you said, loss happened early and the Canes were able to regroup, beat #1 ND in late November and then beat Bama in the Sugar Bowl. Domers did us a favor and beat the Buffs in the OB and Miami wins NC #3
We had a bad series inside the F$U 10. If we don't ***** that up, game is different. Still, we got the title.

Good call! Tough situation for a Freshman on the road but Gino never forgot the experience and never lost to them again.

This Program has always had issues living down the 1988 loss.

Yes, the Cleveland Gary fumble was a travesty, but that game was lost in the first half by the Canes defense giving up all those points on the ground.

We need to go up to South Bend and whip their asses to atone for that loss.

Advertisement
thats what makes it a great rivalry. We hate each other. We are the supposed antithesis of each other (Catholics v. Convicts). Would just be perfect.
The Catholics vs Convicts was born the day the Canes embarrassed the Irish 58-7. The entire country took notice and was on high alert.

1595879329708.png

Agreed; however, I want to play them every year. I can give two ***** about their brand image nor their independence. Miami vs. Notre Dame was one of the biggest rivalry’s in the country during the 80’s. Bigger than FSU from a national standpoint. This game would be huge for Miami.
Especially since free shoes is garbage.

Advertisement
Back