Miami vs ND game tickets next year

canecoop

Recruit
Just got my 2012 hurricane club donation brochure and it says that priority access to tickets to this game is only going to be available to $250 donors and higher.

Advertisement
Which is bull. It would be nice if UM negotiated a deal with a 50-50 split in ticket allotments. There is no way we would sell that many to our fans so the ND fans that will outnumber us 80-20% will still be able to purchase the tickets we don't sell. But at ;ease make them available for face value before the gouging begins.

Which is bull. It would be nice if UM negotiated a deal with a 50-50 split in ticket allotments. There is no way we would sell that many to our fans so the ND fans that will outnumber us 80-20% will still be able to purchase the tickets we don't sell. But at ;ease make them available for face value before the gouging begins.

I dont know what the ticket split is, but I am pretty sure this the 'guarantee you a ticket' price. After this they will probably make it avaible to all Hurricane club memebers, then season ticket holders (who are not alreayd HC members) then students, then open to everyone. The problem is once it gets to everyone, there is no way for the ticket office to know if you are a Miami or ND fan.

It is my understanding that the tickets are a 50/50 split, we have 30k tickets, as what happens in many of these types of games, ND fans by the tons will pay the $250 to get a ticket. It has happened before for bowl games. So don't think for a minute that it will go below $250. We have so many fans that think that paying something to the HC is a rip off and other teams fans think it is part of the price to support your team and will join the other teams booster club to get tickets

Advertisement
Assuming $250 gets you eligible for 2 tickets and you don't mind paying $125 over face per ticket. I personally have never had to pay more than a few dollars over face to see a Canes game (including bowl games).

so all i have to do it pay $250 plus the price of the ticket to go attend the game?

It is my understanding that the tickets are a 50/50 split, we have 30k tickets, as what happens in many of these types of games, ND fans by the tons will pay the $250 to get a ticket. It has happened before for bowl games. So don't think for a minute that it will go below $250. We have so many fans that think that paying something to the HC is a rip off and other teams fans think it is part of the price to support your team and will join the other teams booster club to get tickets

Correct. In other words, you can either buy tickets at an inflated price on Stubhub, or you can contribute to the HC and get tickets at face value.

It's still gouging no matter how you dress it up. Donations should be voluntary. But for some to get tickets to this game, they MUST make a donation. How 'bout once the 30K are assigned,open up the business window and first come first serve. That sounds fair to me. Lower level seats are more expensive than upper level and so on and so on. Does one still have to pay the $250 for an upper level nose bleed seat?

You would figure after the ohio state ticket fiasco they would have learned. I still have the email I sent to Shalala and Kirby Hocutt. Hocutt called me 3 days before the game and offered me tickets at face value. He knew they were wrong.

Advertisement

This is incorrect. It's not a 50/50 split at all. ND is handling the ticket distribution.

This is incorrect. It's not a 50/50 split at all. ND is handling the ticket distribution.

If that is true,just another example of **** poor negotiating on behalf of our AD.

Advertisement

If that is true,just another example of **** poor negotiating on behalf of our AD.

Meh, we get a home game that should fill the place up, 3 major games, and a handsome payday from the Soldier Field game. Win.

Advertisement
If you go to http://uhurricaneclub.com/ you'll see that the Orange level ($250) donors will have the opportunity to buy tickets for the Notre Dame game next year.

I'm not sure how many you'll be able to buy, but I'll try to find out.

If you go to http://uhurricaneclub.com/ you'll see that the Orange level ($250) donors will have the opportunity to buy tickets for the Notre Dame game next year.

Big Sky Cane

40.jpg

Thanks for posting the link. I believe the donation per seat is substantially higher?!?

I have always gotten tickets for any away game I have asked for.

Each donor level is allowed to purchase a certain number of "priority" tickets to away games. Requests for additional tickets are considered after those priority tickets orders are processed. My guess would be that $250 level donors get two priority tickets and if you want more, you have to request extras and hope you get them.

Advertisement
Back