Miami vs NC State

Canes playing a great game and NS focusing on the negative.

I am in no way focusing on any negative, but nice spin. I asked a question, genius. I only watched the last 5 minutes of the game, so when I saw the boxscore, it was a valid question. If someone has zeroes all over the boxscore, why is that? Was he hurt? He only took one shot according to the ESPN boxscore, so he wasn't having a bad game. He had one foul according to the ESPN boxscore, so he wasn't in foul trouble. So again, I asked a legit question, and you were an ***, as usual.

I'll do my best to answer the question without delving into the personal stuff. I didn't see Kirk get hurt, but he was largely ineffective in the first half - he wasn't getting position on offense to get touches and we gave up several offensive rebounds when he was in the game, etc. I know that he wasn't setting particularly great screens either. That's part one. The second part,and perhaps more importantly, is that we were riding a hot hand. The combination that played almost the entirety of the last 30 minutes of the game - Lecomte, Adams, Brown, Swoope and Jekiri - was extremely effective. They were far more aggressive than the other three guys - Reed, Akpejiori and Kirk played 25 combined minutes and had a combined +/- of -13. We won by 15, obviously, so the other guys did extremely well - a +98, and each were out of foul trouble and so on to be able to play 30+ minutes. Swoope played 37 minutes and Jekiri played 34, and they were both extremely dynamic - there was no reason to sit either one of them.

Thanks. CTCANE could take lessons in not being a **** from you.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back