Miami vs NC State

HurricaneOmeezy

Freshman
Miami is up 64-60 with just under 8 minutes to go. Erik Swoope is straight beasting it on the court. Let's finish strong

Advertisement
Why does Kirk have 0 points and and basically zeroes in everything else in the boxscore?

What a response by the Canes when they fell down 1 on the road. 9-0 run and Swoope is beasting...best game I've seen him play all-around.

Advertisement
I'm telling you what guys...this team will make a deep run in the NCAA tourney next year. Sheldon McClellan, Angel Rodriguez, Deandre Burnett, and the incoming recruits (Newton is ELITE) added to the rotation. With the current crop of young talent along with the infusion of the new guys our roster will have plenty of talent. The job Larranaga has done since coming to Miami is phenomenal. Elite coach + Very talented roster next year = Elite 8 appearance. That's my bold prediction fellas...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Canes playing a great game and NS focusing on the negative.

I am in no way focusing on any negative, but nice spin. I asked a question, genius. I only watched the last 5 minutes of the game, so when I saw the boxscore, it was a valid question. If someone has zeroes all over the boxscore, why is that? Was he hurt? He only took one shot according to the ESPN boxscore, so he wasn't having a bad game. He had one foul according to the ESPN boxscore, so he wasn't in foul trouble. So again, I asked a legit question, and you were an ***, as usual.

I can't wait for next year. Coach L is building something special here. I can't wait to see Rodriguez, McClellan, Reed, Burnett, Jekiri, Kelly (as long as his head is on straight), etc.

So are we gonna get an NIT bid or what? I honestly have no idea how anything other than the NCAA tourney works

Advertisement
We are now in a position with two wins to get a bye for the first week of the ACC tournament. Amazing job by Coach L this year

Advertisement
I think we need at least one more regular season win and one ACC tournament win to safely be in the NIT

So are we gonna get an NIT bid or what? I honestly have no idea how anything other than the NCAA tourney works

Short version is that the lowest RPI at-large team in the NIT was 94 last year (St. John's). We're at 109 after today's win. We still have some work to do.

Canes playing a great game and NS focusing on the negative.

I am in no way focusing on any negative, but nice spin. I asked a question, genius. I only watched the last 5 minutes of the game, so when I saw the boxscore, it was a valid question. If someone has zeroes all over the boxscore, why is that? Was he hurt? He only took one shot according to the ESPN boxscore, so he wasn't having a bad game. He had one foul according to the ESPN boxscore, so he wasn't in foul trouble. So again, I asked a legit question, and you were an ***, as usual.

I'll do my best to answer the question without delving into the personal stuff. I didn't see Kirk get hurt, but he was largely ineffective in the first half - he wasn't getting position on offense to get touches and we gave up several offensive rebounds when he was in the game, etc. I know that he wasn't setting particularly great screens either. That's part one. The second part,and perhaps more importantly, is that we were riding a hot hand. The combination that played almost the entirety of the last 30 minutes of the game - Lecomte, Adams, Brown, Swoope and Jekiri - was extremely effective. They were far more aggressive than the other three guys - Reed, Akpejiori and Kirk played 25 combined minutes and had a combined +/- of -13. We won by 15, obviously, so the other guys did extremely well - a +98, and each were out of foul trouble and so on to be able to play 30+ minutes. Swoope played 37 minutes and Jekiri played 34, and they were both extremely dynamic - there was no reason to sit either one of them.

Advertisement
Back