Miami vs LSU player grades (ProFootballFocus)

Advertisement
I know Burrow doesn't have film but he has to be hot garbage if he's 27 pts worse than Malik

Don't let anyone on this site or LSUs site fool you. There is a reason why Urban Meyer didn't think he was worth fighting for to keep in the program. All he had to do was lie to the kid and tell him he was guaranteed the starting job. (they don't call him Urban Liar for nothing) Burrow is not very good. We will all be a witness to that on Sept 2nd. He might gift wrap us the game by himself. I know many OSU fans personally who have said this.

Trust me I asked all the questions because he is an unknown and all of them say he just doesn't have "it" and they don't know why LSU fans see him as their savior.

This is a player by player grade done by ProFootballFocus, based on how players graded out each snap of last year:

Pro Football Focus grades on a scale of 1-100. A grade of 85 or higher is an NFL-caliber rating, while a grade between 80 to 84 is considered “very good.” Below average grades range from 50 to 60.

Quarterback
Joe Burrow (LSU)
Grade: 50.7
Malik Rosier (Miami) Grade: 77.9

Running Back
Clyde Edwards-Helaire (LSU)
Grade: 70.0
Travis Homer (Miami) Grade: 81.1

Tight End
Foster Moreau (LSU)
Grade: 79.3
Brevin Jordan (Miami) Grade: NA

Wide Receivers
Jonathan Giles (LSU)
Grade: 85.8
Ja'Marr Chase (LSU) Grade: NA
Justin Jefferson (LSU) Grade: 56.1

Ahmmon Richards (Miami) Grade: 73.5
Jeff Thomas (Miami) Grade: 66.6
Lawrence Cager (Miami) Grade: 72.4

Offensive Line
LT – Saahdiq Charles (LSU) Grade: 52.7
LG – Garrett Brumfield (LSU) Grade: 48.1
C – Lloyd Cushenberry (LSU) Grade: 78.1
RG – Damien Lewis (LSU) Grade: Juco
RT – Adrian Magee (LSU) Grade: 65.6

LT – Tyree St. Louis (Miami) Grade: 78.1
LG – Jahair Jones (Miami) Grade: 68.1
C – Tyler Gauthier (Miami) Grade 75.1
RG – Hayden Mahoney (Miami) Grade: 43.7
RT – Navaughn Donaldson (Miami) Grade: 47.2

Defensive Line
DE – Glen Logan (LSU) Grade: 67.6
NT – Breiden Fehoko (LSU) Grade: 68.2
DE – Rashard Lawrence (LSU) Grade: 85.0

DE – Joe Jackson (Miami) Grade: 81.3
DE – Jonathan Garvin (Miami) Grade: 75.7
DT – Gerald Willis (Miami) Did not play last season
DT – Pat Bethel (Miami) Grade: 68.6

Linebackers
B-OLB – K'Lavon Chaisson (LSU) Grade: 73.4
LB – Devin White (LSU) Grade: 79.1
LB – Jacob Phillips (LSU) Grade: 70.6
F-OLB – Michael Divinity (LSU) Grade: 72.9

LB – Michael Pinckney (Miami) Grade: 73.9
LB – Shaquille Quarterman (Miami) Grade: 70.3
LB – Zach McCloud (Miami) Grade: 42.9

Secondary
CB – Kary Vincent (LSU) Grade: 78.6
CB – Greedy Williams (LSU) Grade: 86.3
S – John Battle (LSU) Grade: 75.9
S – Grant Delpit (LSU) Grade: 77.6

S – Jaquan Jackson (Miami) Grade: 85.8
S – Sheldrick Redwine (Miami) Grade: 77.8
CB – Michael Jackson (Miami) Grade: 80.1
CB – Trajan Bandy (Miami) Grade: 78.7

Who is Jaquan jackson he graded pretty high.

Advertisement
They had Derwin James graded as a 92 plus last year.... you can’t put too much stock in pff honestly

its based on last year AR didn't have a great season cause if injuries. **** be fine that list is nonsense. it needs to be the prospect overall not one year

Advertisement
I am glad they put this out. Some of our UM players need to see this. Our fans are up in arms because some kids grades are low but this is the reality! Maybe if guys like McIntosh and Norton had heeded their draft grades (which were probably in the high 70s) and stayed in school they wouldn't be fighting for a NFL roster spot right now and on the verge of being cut.

I would rather grades like this give the player a true standing of where they are at in the eyes of the NFL. Instead of just reading message boards and press clippings about how great they are from people who have no clue.
Ohhh so this is the gospel?

I am glad they put this out. Some of our UM players need to see this. Our fans are up in arms because some kids grades are low but this is the reality! Maybe if guys like McIntosh and Norton had heeded their draft grades (which were probably in the high 70s) and stayed in school they wouldn't be fighting for a NFL roster spot right now and on the verge of being cut.

I would rather grades like this give the player a true standing of where they are at in the eyes of the NFL. Instead of just reading message boards and press clippings about how great they are from people who have no clue.
Mcintosh was graded in the 80s so this has nothing to do with draft grades.

At first I thought you were talking about classroom grades.......Then I remembered that SEC school's football players don't have to go to class

Last edited:
Advertisement
Shaq needs to be more consistently dominant.

I don't think its all that surprising simply because Pinkney made so many big plays.
If you take a look Shaq is probably the one of the lowest rank LBs in the ACC. I think this list all the pre-season watch list All American list are opinions of writers.. they are popularity based.. I take these like a grain of salt that I use before taking a shot of Tequila.

Donaldson at a 47 ... alright lol what a joke
Not a joke ..he played like a 47 this past season. Kid got smoked over and over again last year. Now, does he have the potential to shoot into the 80's ? Absolutely! Will he grade out better this year? More than likely. But based on just and only his performance last year , 47 is about right.

Lol go get ‘em Pops! I would be interested in knowing the formulas they use for the various positions because I was shocked to say the least about some of their grades. Especially Shaq, AR82, and Joe Jackson. Oh well, this points to a close game at first; but if their grade is right regarding QB’s, Rosier helps us pull away in the 2nd half to victory.

Advertisement
TF people? This isn't a "who's best" list, it's just about how these guys graded out.

I don't know the formula, but I think it's possible that a guy could catch 15 balls for 15 TDs and 800 yds but drop 15 passes and grade worse than a guy who catches all 30 passes but has no TDs and only 150 yds. You'd rather have the first guy, but the second grades better.

As fans we love the guy who produces, but sometimes that guy's not so hot a lot of the time. If JJ gets 12 sacks this year we wouldn't notice that he's getting pancaked most of the other snaps.

Advertisement
Back