Miami vs LSU player grades (ProFootballFocus)

Advertisement
Ohhh so this is the gospel?

Not saying that. But lets call a spade a spade here. I don't know what McIntosh or Nortons draft grades were but whatever it was..it was spot on because they both got drafted late and are struggling to make teams. 90% of the posters on here assumed McIntosh was a 1st-2nd round pick..maybe 3rd at the worst... What did NFL scouts know that we didn't?

As a UM fan for 30+ years I am just tired of seeing these kids leave early, shunning the draft grades they get from the NFL advisory board, get drafted late, barely make teams (if they make it at all), when they could have stayed and increased their stock. Just ready for that cycle to end.

That said, I don't know if PFF is credible or not. But history has shown we view our kids in a lot greater light then most NFL scouts do the last few drafts.

Not saying that. But lets call a spade a spade here. I don't know what McIntosh or Nortons draft grades were but whatever it was..it was spot on because they both got drafted late and are struggling to make teams. 90% of the posters on here assumed McIntosh was a 1st-2nd round pick..maybe 3rd at the worst... What did NFL scouts know that we didn't?

As a UM fan for 30+ years I am just tired of seeing these kids leave early, shunning the draft grades they get from the NFL advisory board, get drafted late, barely make teams (if they make it at all), when they could have stayed and increased their stock. Just ready for that cycle to end.

That said, I don't know if PFF is credible or not. But history has shown we view our kids in a lot greater light then most NFL scouts do the last few drafts.
Rj McIntosh was rated in the 80 something plus range by “pff” which is good for their ratings

He was ******* trash last year period. Overrated

I agree. But I am taking the emotion I of it and just dealing with the facts. He was a 92 grade by PFF which is a first round grade I assume.. He was the #17 pick. That sounds pretty accurate according to whatever algorithm they use to come up with these grades.

Advertisement
Rj McIntosh was rated in the 80 something plus range by “pff” which is good for their ratings

Fair point. But I question when the NFL scouts found out about this thyroid issue he is having and did that kill his stock. Doesn't make sense that he would fall to the 5th round out of nowhere. That 80+ grade was probably before this whole thyroid thing.

Fair point. But I question when the NFL scouts found out about this thyroid issue he is having and did that kill his stock. Doesn't make sense that he would fall to the 5th round out of nowhere. That 80+ grade was probably before this whole thyroid thing.
Because it came out he had the thyroid issue at the combine. When you get flagged at the combine like that it’s not a good look, I think That’s what attributed to the drop because based on film rj McIntosh is a top 4 round player at least

There linebackers are overrated

Based on what? White is an AA. Phillips was the #1 LB in his class and is finally starting his sophomore year. Divinity is a veteran. Chassion replaced Key last year and balled as a Freshman. LB is probably the strongest group at LSU this year.

Haven't played a game this year but they are already overrated. Got it.

Advertisement
I’ve never heard of Jonathan Giles. Why is this random dude graded higher than AR82?

It’s hard for me to take this seriously.
Man, my thoughts exactly. Richards is one of the top WRs in the country, and barring major injuries will play in the league a long time.

I know he was injured last year, but freshman season alone should have him higher than that.

Not a joke ..he played like a 47 this past season. Kid got smoked over and over again last year. Now, does he have the potential to shoot into the 80's ? Absolutely! Will he grade out better this year? More than likely. But based on just and only his performance last year , 47 is about right.

He was a freshman all-american, so try again.

A 47 is a joke. It would mean he was one of the worst starters inn the ACC, which both opposing coaches and the media would laugh at.

I'm not surprised you'd be giddy at the chance to say he was awful though

Derwin James was a top 15 pick. Sounds about right to me.

Who had terrible production last year.

He was a 1st round pick because of his measurables. It was widely discussed by NFLscouts/draft experts that his play was a disappointment

Advertisement
TF people? This isn't a "who's best" list, it's just about how these guys graded out.

I don't know the formula, but I think it's possible that a guy could catch 15 balls for 15 TDs and 800 yds but drop 15 passes and grade worse than a guy who catches all 30 passes but has no TDs and only 150 yds. You'd rather have the first guy, but the second grades better.

As fans we love the guy who produces, but sometimes that guy's not so hot a lot of the time. If JJ gets 12 sacks this year we wouldn't notice that he's getting pancaked most of the other snaps.

PFF isn't a formula.

It's subjective grading where they have a person review and grade the game tape.

To act like its anything other than someone's opinion shows you don't understand it

McIntosh had a 80+ PFF grade, and Norton was almost 80 too. 2 of the highest on the team.

So according to PFF they were NFL ready.

PFF is not NFL scouts, its more like a group of recruiting analysts. So you actually have things backwards. Per PFF, leaving was the right call.

Donaldson so low is absurd, possibly due to the position change? Also, A. Richards lower than should be, possibly due to the injury prone season he just had.

Advertisement
Mcintosh was graded in the 80s so this has nothing to do with draft grades.

I think they're just grading play-by-play how well each player does w respect to his assignment. I don't think it takes POTENTIAL in to account, and we all know the NFL drafts on potential as much as it does on production.

Hence the low grade for Donaldson. High ceiling as it gets, but still has some learning to do to really be productive.

If someone is grading out over 85, I think what they're saying is that the production is NFL level right now.

This was from PFF in April before the draft ....

8. RJ MCINTOSH, MIAMI (FLA.)
McIntosh created havoc on one of the most consistent bases of anyone in this class. His tape against the Wisconsin offensive line in Miami’s bowl game though is concerning as was the lowest-graded game of his career, against top caliber offensive linemen.

I’ve never heard of Jonathan Giles. Why is this random dude graded higher than AR82?

It’s hard for me to take this seriously.

AR has as high of a ceiling as you can get, but he did have a lot of drops last year. The PFF rankings are play-by-play grades based on production, and they don't take potential in to account.

Just means that AR has to have a better season this year than he did last year, if he's going to reach his true potential. Which I think we can all agree is true.

Advertisement
Back