Miami vs Louisville - Lets Get It On!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's final, the only way Golden can save his season is by beating Nebraska in 3 weeks. But that game is prime time so I doubt they get the W, here's to hoping the canes don't get exposed again.... Sigh

Abdullah is going to run wild on us and our " high powered offense" will be shut down by that aggressive D. Curtains. Nebraska will put 50 on us. The FAA would have to get heavily involved with the abundance of planes flying banners at the next home game.

Speaking of planes flying banners we can always kick it at Scarlett's

Advertisement
We are in a bind with Coley. Monster recruiter, obviously a horrible OC. We are desperate for good recruiting classes in the next 2 years. What to do?

The problem is if this season goes down in flames (a very real possibility) the 2015 and 2016 recruiting classes will be but a memory. This season is critical on so many levels and I could see a total rebuild necessary after wholesale changes. Bigger problem is this administration has neither the balls nor financial resources to assemble a competent staff. What to do, what to do...

I had to step away and take a shower just to cool off a little bit. After some thinking, and this is in part a knee jerk reaction to the game, but I wanted to take a look at the staff hires overall, first off Art Kehoe. I think it was a nice story, bringing back someone who is so entrenched in the history of the program. Looking back, it seems almost like a PR move that the community would embrace considering he coached some of the best offensive lines we've ever had here. His coaching resume outside of Miami is not impressive at all, and I wonder if he would have retired soon if Al Golden didn't give him a call? I'm not sure of Coach Kehoe's exact age, but I have to believe he's not far from calling it a career. Golden made this big deal of respecting the history and wanting to make sure alumni were involved in the program at his first press conference and the idea of Kehoe being this "bridge" sounded nice, but I wonder how much he has left beyond his sound bites and practice antics? Regardless, Kehoe is a cane lifer, I'm not going to show up to the stadium with fire Art signs.

Coley on the other hand, I'm not sure how much longer his so called recruiting prowess is going to allow him to keep his job. And to that point, has Golden sacrificed actual coaching ability for recruiting skill? During his tenure he has received so much criticism for not being able to dominate South Florida recruiting that maybe too many of his hires are compensating for that. With the recent hires and local recruiting momentum, the fan base was falling head over heels with Golden all over again, but the collective resume of the staff is not overwhelming. I know Ice Harris is a local coaching legend at the high school level, but I'm not familiar with his career beyond that. Hurlie Brown has spent most of his time coaching secondaries, but here he has been our RB coach and now LB. I really like the additions of Kevin Beard and Jorge Baez and the recruiting rewards will be great, but they are not position coaches. I get it, we don't have the budget of the other big programs to hire anyone we want, but just something to discuss. And I'm not bashing the entire staff, I just wanted to bring up some talking points, we all know it starts with Coley on the offensive side. Maybe Golden has this mentality of, well, let's get the talent here first, then we'll decide what to do with it.

We are in a bind with Coley. Monster recruiter, obviously a horrible OC. We are desperate for good recruiting classes in the next 2 years. What to do?

Hire an OC that can produce a winning offense, if they win recruits will come.

Our OC couldn't coach a high school team. I thought our D played good, they were just tired in the fourth as they had zero help from our offense.We need to find ourselves a good play caller on offense and we'll be fine, Jedd come back!!!!!

Advertisement
Terrible playcalling
Poor O line performance

UL would have lost that game to most teams turning the ball over like they did with that type of field position. Not scoring 7 off each of those was awful.

I have hope at this point for Brad K. hopefully we don't have QBs rotating. Give this guy experience cause if they play like that we aren't winning anything and I would rather have him get playing time vs. Heaps whose gone soon.

Really disappointing with all the recruiting and hype that these coaches aren't bringing it together. Too much talent to play like that. Not converting 3rd downs like that is embarrassing.

Not going to say no heart cause I saw moments of it but where is the playing with a chip on your shoulder. Didn't see a Kellen Winslow type throwing blocks with punishing blows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back