Miami vs Louisville 2/16

Big game tonight we haven’t historically fared well at their place but this team is on a 2 game win streak and ya gotta think Miami keeps the road warrior tag alive and well as seeding takes on greater proportion. Go Canes ! 🙌

Advertisement
They've lost 6 in a row but recently played well in an OT loss to UNC and gave ND a battle.

Big game tonight we haven’t historically fared well at their place but this team is on a 2 game win streak and ya gotta think Miami keeps the road warrior tag alive and well as seeding takes on greater proportion. Go Canes ! 🙌
Potential trap game. Can miami take care of the basketball, shoot reasonably well, and play good defense? We need to in order to win on the road.

Advertisement
I’ve never seen anything like this. Louisville’s leading scorer averages 9.5 per game. They have 9 guys that play over 18 minutes and average between 5.2 and 9.5.

On paper, I'd have thought Miami would be closer to a 6 pt favor going into this game. Looks like the Vegas bookies know something we don't. I know Miami has struggled at the their place but Louisville has been terrible in the new year. They've gone 3-9 since Jan. 1st and have lost their last 6 games in a row. If I'm not mistaken Wong had a huge game in our W vs. Louisville last season. If we can get another big game from Wong, I'd expect Miami to win and cover this one. GO CANES!!!

Huge game overall. Can’t hurt to have another Quad 2 win under our belts. Not to mention after Louisville we have Virginia and that game is NO guarantee. Winning at UL puts us on a 3 game win streak, 5-4 in quad 2 games and at 19-7. I honestly believe we will take care of business somewhere along the lines of 77-64. Would love to see Dak build off of his 10 minutes last game where he got 2 points, 2 rebounds and 1 steal and 1 assist. If he can give us a solid 6-10 minutes a game that’ll give us a 9 deep rotation. Come tourney time it’ll be all hands on deck.

Advertisement
Louisville has had an awful year. But they probably have more talent than us and they've played teams like Duke and ND tough.

They aren't a bad matchup for us like UVa is, but at Home, yeah this is probably a toss up. Our other 3 road games should be easier

Advertisement
Agree, they just lost their starting Center for the season though, so they're really going to struggle to defend us cause their guards can't stop ours from getting into the lane
I didn't realize that. Tall skinny guy? Forgot his name, but he killed us when we played them at home.

Man that ESPN hate keeps rolling, Steve Forbes and Mike Brey for ACC coach of the year? No mention of Coach L. Although I don't see Elite 8 or Final Four team, I think we could definitely make the sweet 16. I'd also like to see us playing ball on 3/11 at 8pm.

Will be interesting to see how much Matt Cross plays (and performs.) Can't find explanations, but his use and success has been spotty:
1645051728943.png

3 for 5 from three and a double-double versus NC this month, but since then: crickets.

Hoping for more crickets.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back