Miami vs Fsu recruiting

Edwards looked good in the last game and with another year in the weight room this kid could be really good and punish teams. He will be the big back,the bruiser and Duke can do his thing. Yearby can come in later in the game and wear teams down with his quickness especially when there tired. Cook would be nice but it won't break the Canes *** if he commits elsewhere.

Advertisement
This class so far is a nice foundation to build on (unlike the 2010 disaster that Randy slopped together in desperation). Going over our list, I don't see any future 'liabilities' like a Highsmith, Rodgers, or Cornelius in there that would make me cringe when they step on the field.

Elite Guys imo:

McDermott
Thomas
Valentine
Darling

Productive Starter Types:

Yearby
Kaaya (good enough to start, but won't imo)
Moten
Hester
Gibbons
Owens
Smith
Bethel
Harris
Jackson
Powell
Wyche
Gray
Young
Berrios
Jenkins (eventually)

There are some guys that I'm personally not sold on: McCray, Linder, Brady, Mayes, Rosier, Gayot, and Langham. But that's only 7 guys in a class of around 30ish....not bad.

The 2 thing that bug me are:

1) That this class can be so much better with a Cook/Michel/Dixon/Lane.

2) This class still lacks instant impact guys on the DL. We need at least one more JUCO DT to go with Wyche.

Even if we don't address those two issues, if we can come back in 2015 with another monster class, as good as this one or better.....we can start to 'Out-Talent' foes once again.

I'm sure if Yearby was still committed to FSU he would be on everyone's "eilte" list. Anyone putting Dixon higher than Yearby just isnt thinking straight.
Actually, when he was committed to FSU the consensus was that he wasnt even in the same stratosphere of Michel and Cook, check the threads....

This^^^^Yearby and Duke are both great backs but are small and both are injured right now....Cook will be a college Bell-Cow type of RB, Yearby will never be a number #1 back that is why Cook and Michel have their 5* and Yearby remains at 4*

That's odd. Looking at 247 stats your accusations of Yearby don't hold up.

Yearby 177 att 1700 yds
Cook Stats not updated

Yearby 212 att 1448 yds 3 rec 22 yds
Cook 132 att 1451 yds 10 rec 269 yds

Yearby 283 att 2160 yds 2 rec 11 yds
Cook 90 att 876 yds

Yearby is clearly capable of carrying the ball many times a game, as he has done, many more times that Cook every season. I totally understand the #'s put up by Cook are high. But to say Yearby won't be able to be a #1 back is ridiculous. They are listed at the same weight and 2" difference in height. The fact that Yearby has a fractured ankle right now has nothing to do with anything. That's like saying "well Adrian Peterson is hurt in the right now because he's a small back." Everyone gets hurt at some point, injury does not discriminate.

I would love nothing more than to see Yearby prove me wrong, I think he'll be very good, just not 100% sold on him being ELITE as Cook and Michel

I'm sure if Yearby was still committed to FSU he would be on everyone's "eilte" list. Anyone putting Dixon higher than Yearby just isnt thinking straight.
Actually, when he was committed to FSU the consensus was that he wasnt even in the same stratosphere of Michel and Cook, check the threads....

This^^^^Yearby and Duke are both great backs but are small and both are injured right now....Cook will be a college Bell-Cow type of RB, Yearby will never be a number #1 back that is why Cook and Michel have their 5* and Yearby remains at 4*

That's odd. Looking at 247 stats your accusations of Yearby don't hold up.

Yearby 177 att 1700 yds
Cook Stats not updated

Yearby 212 att 1448 yds 3 rec 22 yds
Cook 132 att 1451 yds 10 rec 269 yds

Yearby 283 att 2160 yds 2 rec 11 yds
Cook 90 att 876 yds

Yearby is clearly capable of carrying the ball many times a game, as he has done, many more times that Cook every season. I totally understand the #'s put up by Cook are high. But to say Yearby won't be able to be a #1 back is ridiculous. They are listed at the same weight and 2" difference in height. The fact that Yearby has a fractured ankle right now has nothing to do with anything. That's like saying "well Adrian Peterson is hurt in the right now because he's a small back." Everyone gets hurt at some point, injury does not discriminate.

I would love nothing more than to see Yearby prove me wrong, I think he'll be very good, just not 100% sold on him being ELITE as Cook and Michel

Until he goes elsewhere when you will curse the staff and claim Yearby as the hidden gem. GTFOH.

It's true guys, we can't let fswho get the top rated, impact player difference maker from Dade County go there, I mean you guys remember when we lost out on Marvin Jones and Lamont Green to them how weak we were and superior they were to us on defense?......oh wait nevermind, pay no attention to what history has shown proceed

Advertisement
This is a very good class not elite. Only elite i see in this class is chad and valentine.

yearby a good back but won't be drafted high, moten is very good but not elite. Kc and darling could be 1st-2nd round type guys.

We are missing on a lot of elite guys like 6,collins,cook,lane,rudolph,maybe dixon,cooper.

Most of the guys named fsu wasn't even recruiting. They didn't want bethel cuz his size, valentine cuz of grades, wasn't in it for kc, wasn't recruiting moten that hard and he didn't even visit them.

M Thomas was NEVER going to Miami. Some kids have to get out and experience life. It sucks that they are elite ballers, but it happens. I hope we get Dixon, Rudolph, and Cook though.

Advertisement
Back