Miami vs Fsu recruiting

Look at things this way. FSU may end up with a slightly better class on paper, but we have OUTrecruited FSU BIG time this year. No question.

FSU is on an MNC run right now, at the top of the nation. We are basically unranked, at 9-3, coming off a decade of mediocrity, and 3 years of an NCAA scandal, investigation, and probation, and we are RIGHT on their heels, if not even with them for a top class.

Considering where the two programs are and have been, Id say our coaches have been doing a MONSTER job. I mean, all things being equal, they should be killing us in recruiting, and they arent. We are right there with them.

Advertisement
This is a very good class not elite. Only elite i see in this class is chad and valentine.

yearby a good back but won't be drafted high, moten is very good but not elite. Kc and darling could be 1st-2nd round type guys.

We are missing on a lot of elite guys like 6,collins,cook,lane,rudolph,maybe dixon,cooper.

Most of the guys named fsu wasn't even recruiting. They didn't want bethel cuz his size, valentine cuz of grades, wasn't in it for kc, wasn't recruiting moten that hard and he didn't even visit them.

That is horsesh*t. LSU and Bama have been after Valentine BIG time. If there are two programs that know DTs its Bama and LSU. Hester is a TOP notch Safety propect. We have arguably the TOP OL class in the country. Jenkins has just BEGUN to blow up, and after his dominating performance in their state title game, has had OSU and Meyer all over him, and he told them to kick rocks. Kaaya is the TOP rated QB in Southern California, the traditional HOT bed for top Qbs, and an Elite 11 kid. Yearby is still rated higher than Cook on many sites. Fact is NO ONE can say who is going to end up a better player at the next level. Yearby is a great talent, and we are lucky to have him. YEs Cook has more potential upside because of his size and speed, but the same can be said for a kid like Devin Hester vs. Clinton Portis, and yet who proved to be more of a consistent contributor for us?

It has been said ALL YEAR, by many who have seen them, that Lane is not all that, and Dixon has had an ok year. To say they are elite talents that we are losing is totally a shot in the dark. In fact, Rudolph is the only one who really looks like a solid type contributor at the next level RIGHT NOW, the others could be great, or they could be duds.

Stars on paper dont make a kid elite. IF it did, we should have been the greatest team in college football the last decade.

This is a very good class not elite. Only elite i see in this class is chad and valentine.

yearby a good back but won't be drafted high, moten is very good but not elite. Kc and darling could be 1st-2nd round type guys.

We are missing on a lot of elite guys like 6,collins,cook,lane,rudolph,maybe dixon,cooper.

Most of the guys named fsu wasn't even recruiting. They didn't want bethel cuz his size, valentine cuz of grades, wasn't in it for kc, wasn't recruiting moten that hard and he didn't even visit them.

This post brings the LOLZ.

1st-2nd round isn't elite? They had Bethel committed. FSU has never strayed from someone due to grades...they had guys on their team with a 3rd grade reading level. Literally.

Essentially what you are saying is that in order to build an elite class it has to have 5+ first round picks. You know how rare that is?

I am so puked out with D'Onofrio - it's hard for me to get excited about many of our recruits.

Until we get a Defensive Coordinator, the talent we get will be misused - on both offense and defense.

Just ****es me off!

Advertisement
Shouldn't we expect to do better than them in our own backyard?

And I think people are upset because those are 3 of the higher-ranked guys at their positions.

Bingo.

If FSU closes with Cook, Lane, and Rudolph, it'll have added three legit game-changers from SoFLA to it's roster.

I think we're adding some game-changers too, particularly on defense, but losing those three collectively is a failure.

We have failed every year since Howard was here based upon your uncompromising 100% recruitment of talent demand from South Florida.

Nobody is demanding a resolute full lockdown of South Florida.

However, if you don't consider losing arguably three of the top four offensive players in Dade, Broward and WPB counties to an in-state rival that is in the position it's currently in by acquiring these very talents a failure, then so be it. You're entitled to an opinion.

Bull****. You are demanding perfection. Won't happen.

Advertisement
What is the story on Fredrick Jones? I didn't even know FSU had a verbal from a guy at Miami Central, never heard of him.

Its not about how many SFLA kids its the elite kids the Coopers the Collins the Mat Thomas Bryant...........Those with high cielings..........This year its Cook and Michel and Lane Rudolph..................If these guys keep getting away I dont give a *** whos coaching you are not winning. Bobby Bowden said it the past month if u get the best players u will win and fsu has better elite guys. Gibson is that program changing DTQB next year and I doubt we land him.......U think we would have DT holes next year with Bostwick and Bryant? **** no we would be stacked and its AG fault, as much as I like this staff I just think that other programs offer more cash to those elite guys and they go harder than a russian after them.

Duke gets injuured this year and we wouldnt miss a beat with Collins back there, I like me some Crawford but the truth is the truth this is Miami not VT where 2 3 losses is good because of the recruiting ground we are on. The way we miss on these guys now I expect some good seasons but if Miami wants to be Alabama or FSU or us in the old days they gotta stack the elite talent year after year no excuses. If FSU can do it we should be able to do it...........If we lose Cook than theres no sanction excuse or anything I mean cmon we got his best buddies and his brother for crying out loud. Its not all UMs fault in a way because if your elite in sfla bama fsu auburn go harder than Miami not in number of visits but they offer females and all types of ****. FSU crippled our defense IMO for this past season and maybe even next season with Thomas Bostwick Bryant and by doing so we lost Moore who was a beast so there recruiting has hurt us bbbbaaaaaaaaadd, use can point to Dorito who kind of isnt great I know but fsu has alot to do with our struggles and other top BCS programs. If it doesnt change we wont be dominant but we can have good seasons but this fan base will not accept that.

Watch if we land cook lane jc n rudolph we jump to numer 1 in recruiting............those kids mean that much. They r elite home grown kids, its a fail to lose cook n will cost us some wins imo.

We should be fully prepared to get none of Dixon, Lane, Rudolph, Cook. We don't lead for any of them, and it's late in the game.

Advertisement
Losing Cook and Rudolph to them will hurt badly. I don't know what Lane will do. FSU knows they won't get everyone from down here but they have done a **** good job of picking their spots and they usually hit on those kids. Greene, Joyner, Benjamin, Freeman are big time players. Add in kids like Thomas and possibly the ones from this class and that list is too **** long. Miami has got to get FSU the **** out of SoFla.

It isn't possible FSU & UF will always be able to steal a few away. Some recruits just want to leave Miami or are fans of UF/FSU you are setting yourself up for disappointment if you ever think ANY coach could keep every Miami recruit home.

Looking at FSU's WR depth next season, I could see where kids could be interested in going there.

Benjamin and Greene may both declare and Shaw is a senior. Add O'Leary possibly declaring as well, and they could be out their top 4 receiving targets. That's a lot of receptions to go around next season.

What's curious to me is what happens with the UT job. Have to think Jimbo's name is being circulated over there and that would be a game-changer.

The irony off all this is all your beloved Cane championship teams were never highly ranked and everyone thought they were some of the greatest teams of all time. Now this team is loaded with top recruits and half the board ******* about the few we might miss on. The thing our fans should remember is all the south Florida talent is what won those championships and what has Al focused on,south Florida kids. Just a couple of years ago everyone was *****ing that Al was not taking enough south Florida kids and state kids. We have over 20 Florida kids in this recruiting class and your still not happy. The truth is all these haters will never be happy with Al as long as he is the coach. 120 coaches in the country would beg for this class and fools on this board are not happy. I only hope you losers are held to the same accountability in your work as you expect from Al.

Advertisement
I'm sure if Yearby was still committed to FSU he would be on everyone's "eilte" list. Anyone putting Dixon higher than Yearby just isnt thinking straight.

I was thinking this the other day, who has FSU recruited from SF since Al's been here? besides MT

These are guys FSU got from SFla, not all were recruited by Miami

2014:
Treon Harris
JoJo Robinson
CJ Worton
Fredrick Jones

2013:
Matt Thomas
Keith Bryant
Jesus Wilson
John Franklin

2012: