Miami vs FSU: By the Numbers

RiDLer80

All-American
I just threw this together so you could get a side-by-side comparison of our team vs their team.

I used cfbstats.com and filtered for vs FBS (1-A) only.

5s9tjB8.jpg

Advertisement
This is FSUs worst defense by far in 4 years.

We have to control the LOS, especially the interior, on offense. It's going to be a tough task for Linder, McDermott, Isadora. Even though they are weaker, Goldman is a monster and will be tough to handle. Really wish we didn't have so many injuries on the OL.

The injuries to our offensive line may be the deciding factor in this game.

FSu has so much talent up front we just have to hope they keep messing up "freelancing" like they have been lately.

Pruitt really left Bimbo in a bind the way he bolted. Because that DB coach he promoted is not getting the job done.

Way too much talent for that defense to get gashed like that.

I wouldnt be surprised if Jimbo is calling the defense in the 2nd half of their games.

FSu has so much talent up front we just have to hope they keep messing up "freelancing" like they have been lately.

Pruitt really left Bimbo in a bind the way he bolted. Because that DB coach he promoted is not getting the job done.

I wouldnt be surprised if Jimbo is calling the defense in the 2nd half of their games.

An offensive coach calling defensive plays. I've heard it all.

Advertisement
We can move the ball, prevent turnovers, and don't kick too many FGs in the redzone

You gotta know a thing or two about defense to coach offense. Otherwise, how the **** do you teach your qb how to READ A DEFENSE?

You honestly think Jimbo doesnt have a hand in the defense with that scrub they promoted from within calling the defense with TERRIBLE results?

Yes, hes just sitting back as the Hc not doing a **** thing about it.

Everything is soooo black and white to people.

I can also bet my life that petrino helped todd when he got to louisville too.

Because anyone following todds career knows that he has never called a defense like that. Ask UGA fans. He was their donofrio

I think there is a lot to be said about the rumors that they were arguing pretty heavily when they both got to louisville. Then to see his approach to defense totally change when the season started only leads me to believe Petrino had something to do with the adjustments.

i feel like the same can be said for FSU and their second half adjustments.

Just because a coach specializes in one thing doesnt mean they cant coach the other.

and if you're a HC you should know more than a little about all areas of football.

Advertisement
Can not compare statistics between Miami and fsu. They have played OK state when their starting QB was playing. Played ND, played L-Ville with their QB, Dyer and Parker all playing. We have played 1 decent offense team in nebraska. We have shown improvement for sure, but the last 3 games with UNC, VT and Cincy. They are hardly good teams. We did nothing against nebraska or GT or Louisville. 370 yards or more in all of those games.

Can not compare statistics between Miami and fsu. They have played OK state when their starting QB was playing. Played ND, played L-Ville with their QB, Dyer and Parker all playing. We have played 1 decent offense team in nebraska. We have shown improvement for sure, but the last 3 games with UNC, VT and Cincy. They are hardly good teams. We did nothing against nebraska or GT or Louisville. 370 yards or more in all of those games.
UNC had a high powered offense, but your point is still valid.

Negged for attempting to imply that we aren't good because of our SOS, then ignoring that fact when attempting to imply that Notre Dame and Oklahoma State are good teams .

Last edited:
Advertisement

You gotta know a thing or two about defense to coach offense. Otherwise, how the **** do you teach your qb how to READ A DEFENSE?

You honestly think Jimbo doesnt have a hand in the defense with that scrub they promoted from within calling the defense with TERRIBLE results?

Because anyone following todds career knows that he has never called a defense like that. Ask UGA fans. He was their donofrio

I think there is a lot to be said about the rumors that they were arguing pretty heavily when they both got to louisville. Then to see his approach to defense totally change when the season started only leads me to believe Petrino had something to do with the adjustments.

Just because a coach specializes in one thing doesnt mean they cant coach the other.

and if you're a HC you should know more than a little about all areas of football.

I've been around college coaches a fair amount. My best friend is a college HC.

A HC, who specializes in offense and calls the offensive plays, does not have enough time to sit in all the defensive meeting during the week. He also doesn't have enough time or knowledge to then call defensive plays and offensive plays in the same game.

Most HCs don't call plays on either side of the ball. Calling both, 1. I don't think has ever happened at the D1 level and 2. would be coaching suicide.

Advertisement

Just because a coach specializes in one thing doesn't mean they can't coach the other.

I've been around college coaches a fair amount. My best friend is a college HC.

A HC, who specializes in offense and calls the offensive plays, does not have enough time to sit in all the defensive meeting during the week. He also doesn't have enough time or knowledge to then call defensive plays and offensive plays in the same game.

Most HCs don't call plays on either side of the ball. Calling both, 1. I don't think has ever happened at the D1 level and 2. would be coaching suicide.

No one said anything about all coaches calling plays on both sides of the ball. Just that they help out and they still know the opposite side of the ball. Not all coaches are one dimensional like the ones you have been around.If your head coach is an offensive guru and he is watching an opposing coach gash his defense with something he recognizes you don't think he would lend a word to his dc? If he doesn't then maybe he shouldn't have hired a guy he can't communicate with because thats stupid.

Has nothing to do with sitting at meetings.
Im talking about game day coaching when adjustments have to be made because the game is on the line.

Not calling the plays just lending advice. you know, the ish a HC is supposed to do.
How the **** can you be an offensive coach and not know defense? How can an oc teach a qb how to read a defense if he doesn't understand the intricacies of defense?

I swear some of you dont read. you just see what you want to see.

nd really at the end of the day i was just kidding. i wasnt serious about jimbo calling plays. i was really just harping on the fact that their Dc sux so bad he needs help.

Last edited:
ND had a solid offensive blueprint for beating them. Duke and Walford should have a big night.

Advertisement
Back