Miami vs FAU 3/21

Number1CanesFan

Sophomore
Canes hold FAU scoreless in the 1st. Now batting runners on 1st and 2nd, Tackett bunts them over followed by a 3 pitch strikeout by Perez and ground out by Quinonez.

Once again the Canes fail to score with runners in scoring position and less than 2 outs.

Perez looks awful at the plate. Obviously guessing at the plate whifing at 3 straight curve balls in the dirt.

Advertisement
Canes hold FAU scoreless in the 1st. Now batting runners on 1st and 2nd, Tackett bunts them over followed by a 3 pitch strikeout by Perez and ground out by Quinonez.

Once again the Canes fail to score with runners in scoring position and less than 2 outs.

Perez looks awful at the plate. Obviously guessing at the plate whifing at 3 straight curve balls in the dirt.

What do you know - one of our hitters stayed back and went the opposite way and it sailed out of the park. Nice swing from Gil - need more of those.

What do you know - one of our hitters stayed back and went the opposite way and it sailed out of the park. Nice swing from Gil - need more of those.
It was a nice swing. Not sure if it makes it out of the park without the wind blowing out to right. We need it, I'll take it!!!

Oh dear. Just gave up 9 consecutive runs in the last few runs and blew a huge lead. This team can't afford to do this.

Advertisement
Wow - I guess I am the only fool watching this team anymore. it's now 11 - 9 FAU after we were leading 9 - 2. Morris pulls Bartow after he is cruising and Zamora boots a routine ground ball to start the inning. Hammond is not a closer - anyone can see that. Words can't describe this choke. And 5 errors on the game for us.

I don't see how Mediavilla or Hammond can ever be allowed to pitch for this school again.

Advertisement
This is ridiculous. The whole state is laughing at us. Fu*king Stetson is probably sitting in their clubhouse goofing off saying "Remember when Miami was good LMFAO!" We're turning into a nobody and Gino is a used car salesman. I'm tired of hearing "this team will get it together" we said that last year, it didn't happen and it's not happening anytime soon. We will not make the tournament this decade and our top-ranked recruiting classes will all disappear and soon we will be Jacksonville University without hope of getting back to the top ever.

It's that dire

Wow - I guess I am the only fool watching this team anymore. it's now 11 - 9 FAU after we were leading 9 - 2. Morris pulls Bartow after he is cruising and Zamora boots a routine ground ball to start the inning. Hammond is not a closer - anyone can see that. Words can't describe this choke. And 5 errors on the game for us.

Hammond has pitched well for the most part. An infield single and a bloop single weren't his fault either. The HBP and grand slam were though. Cabezas didn't perform at the end of games either. Maybe we don't have a closer on this roster, though I'm not giving up on Hammond. Committing five errors is brutal. And not even having a baserunner in the last four innings is painful to watch. Talk about a demoralizing loss. Tough without Reyes and Amditis, sure, but this is a game you have to put away no matter who's out there on the field. Good riddance, Coach Morris.

This is ridiculous. The whole state is laughing at us. Fu*king Stetson is probably sitting in their clubhouse goofing off saying "Remember when Miami was good LMFAO!" We're turning into a nobody and Gino is a used car salesman. I'm tired of hearing "this team will get it together" we said that last year, it didn't happen and it's not happening anytime soon. We will not make the tournament this decade and our top-ranked recruiting classes will all disappear and soon we will be Jacksonville University without hope of getting back to the top ever.

It's that dire

I don't have hope of this team putting anything together for this season. We could be looking at a losing record for the first time since who knows when. I do have faith that we'll at least be better next year and the year after when all of these freshman have a year or two of experience. Not psyched about the outlook under Dimare in general though.

Advertisement
Hammond has pitched well for the most part. An infield single and a bloop single weren't his fault either. The HBP and grand slam were though. Cabezas didn't perform at the end of games either. Maybe we don't have a closer on this roster, though I'm not giving up on Hammond. Committing five errors is brutal. And not even having a baserunner in the last four innings is painful to watch. Talk about a demoralizing loss. Tough without Reyes and Amditis, sure, but this is a game you have to put away no matter who's out there on the field. Good riddance, Coach Morris.

Hammond is a true Cane (and a great setup reliever), don't get me wrong. He just doesn't have the stuff you need from a closer - too many chances of him leaving one out over the plate at 86 MPH and it leaves the yard like tonight. Sadly, it doesn't matter what we think and there aren't enough people who care about this program any longer, apparently, so I find it difficult to share your optimism about the next few years.

What a meltdown. Glad I had to leave a few innings early and missed it in person. Between the offense taking the rest of the game off after the 5th, the 5 errors, and the bullpen meltdown not much positive with the performance. I have no idea why Morris took Bartow out after the Zamora error. Another good start from Federman was wasted.

Advertisement
The aituation truly is dire and the worst part is, we are Lovelady away from being a perennial power again. But it won’t happen. I think we are looking at the football trajectory. Post violations in the mid to late 90s football without the few glory years in the early 2000s. All we can hope for is that Dimare ends up hating it when the fans turn on him after year 1. We aren’t used to this and shouldn’t except mediocrity. This isn’t a microwave dynasty, it’s a top 3 to 5 all time program

Advertisement
Back