Miami vs Auburn

Advertisement
It's March Madness. Nobody is sleeping on anybody once 64 becomes 32 and a Sweet 16 berth is on the line.

Miami is 4-3 it's past seven games—blowing an opp to upset Duke, blowing an 8-point lead with 1:42 left against VT and blowing an eight-point halftime home lead to Virginia.

Offense was abysmal against USC, outside of some clutch play late. 1-of-14 on 3-pointers for the game, while forcing 18 turnovers for the Trojans, and survived when a long three-pointer was an inch off the mark.

The Canes' offense is going to need to show up big time to hang with the Tigers. Winnable game, but need more offense out of McGusty, Miller and Waardenburg if Miami is gonna steal one tomorrow.

It's March Madness. Nobody is sleeping on anybody once 64 becomes 32 and a Sweet 16 berth is on the line.

Miami is 4-3 it's past seven games—blowing an opp to upset Duke, blowing an 8-point lead with 1:42 left against VT and blowing an eight-point halftime home lead to Virginia.

Offense was abysmal against USC, outside of some clutch play late. 1-of-14 on 3-pointers for the game, while forcing 18 turnovers for the Trojans, and survived when a long three-pointer was an inch off the mark.

The Canes' offense is going to need to show up big time to hang with the Tigers. Winnable game, but need more offense out of McGusty, Miller and Waardenburg if Miami is gonna steal one tomorrow.
Geez you paint a rough picture guess the oddsmakers should have made this much higher.

Both MCGusty and Ward are due for better games and it was nice of to see Wong take charge early. Miller is never a real big scorer. Be positive man bad Karma dude.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It all comes down to Sam Waardenburge shooting the dam ball when he’s gotten open shots all season he’s passed them up. He’s the best shooter and the only big man on the floor, but plays scared a as ****. Him and Charlie Moore is the key to victory because quite honestly Aurburn is going to kill us on the boards. We are asking a lot out of this team to beat one of the better teams in the country.

It all comes down to Sam Waardenburge shooting the dam ball when he’s gotten open shots all season he’s passed them up. He’s the best shooter and the only big man on the floor, but plays scared a as ****. Him and Charlie Moore is the key to victory because quite honestly Aurburn is going to kill us on the boards. We are asking a lot out of this team to beat one of the better teams in the country.
I agree Sam needs to shoot more.

I agree Sam needs to shoot more.
Charlie Moore too this is your last shot in college. Need to leave it all out on the floor. We can do better in crunch time too bye being more alert on switching off picks my god as the other poster said we’ve lost 3 last second games with big leads because coach L last not adjusting. Why would we play on screen ball when you can allow enough space to switch and challenge shooters.

Advertisement
Ferman has an article up tonight. It's based off an interview Bruce Pearl gave today. He says that he isn't feeling stressed about the short turnaround time before the Miami game. He had his staff broken down into "scout" teams. They weren't overly concerned about their opening game but they spent alot of time and personnel on preparing in case they got the canes. "We were working really, really hard for Miami as a staff."

He said the scout group sat down with him last night and started prepping him. They met with the team this morning and worked on some things.
“The short prep, it's not a problem. It really, truly isn't. What's going to take place on the court, especially tomorrow, is that what Miami does is different. It's different. We haven't played anybody like Miami all year. That's going to really be a challenge for us. Not the prep, but the actual contest.”

“We know that Miami is a nightmare to guard,” Pearl said. “They're one of the most efficient offensive teams in the country. They're running Bob McKillop's five out with just the kind of athletes that you can get in the ACC. It's really hard to guard, and it's not something that you see all the time."

I hope Miami went through the same process......

If we are ice cold against Auburn, we aren't sticking around. I'm trying to remember the last time a team shot so poorly and pulled off a tournament win. We were fortunate, but I don't think it'll happen again.

homer simpson GIF

Advertisement
Geez you paint a rough picture guess the oddsmakers should have made this much higher.

Both MCGusty and Ward are due for better games and it was nice of to see Wong take charge early. Miller is never a real big scorer. Be positive man bad Karma dude.
Jordan Miller can put up points with the more-vaunted trio of Moore, Kam and Wong if need be. He does a lot of other good things too.

Who's Ward? You meant Moore?

This is a team that was almost chosen to be dead last in the ACC and either overperformed or the prognosticators were on something. But you break us down into components and at different times we get performances that have put us in a position to win in almost every game save for the very beginning.

Even though some of us have questioned L he has done things to coach up this team well.
This team savors the underdog roll be it at Duke etc etc etc.
Someone mentioned Charlie needs to step it up and I agree he can set the tone along with Wong and Gust. And Sam and Jordan need to also be accountable. We are a pretty **** good team when all these parts are put together.

And last thing we have to get our 3’s something we failed to do last game but that is a very fixable situation.

Last edited:
Advertisement

I’ve seen several ****y quotes like this from auburn’s players.

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

SEC: 3-4
ACC: 6-1

ACC already has a team in the Sweet 16. SEC has two teams left in the tourney. In the only head to head matchup of the conferences, 11 seed Notre Dame beat 6 seed Alabama by 14.

I hate the ACC, but the SEC has been cheeks.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back