Miami v. FSU Depth Chart

amanan28

New_Era
[TWEET]915211900396425216[/TWEET]

Travis Homer starting KR over Jeff Thomas. Can't afford bad field position this game. Pinckney and Malek Young named full time starters.

Advertisement
I had a feeling Thomas's "facing adversity" tweet had something to do with adversity of losing his kick return gig. I think Homer has a chance to be a great kick returner because he's fearless and will hit that thing in there at 100 mph.

Lol why do they keep putting Malek Young on the KR depth chart? He hasn’t been back there in 3 games

[TWEET]915211900396425216[/TWEET]

Travis Homer starting KR over Jeff Thomas. Can't afford bad field position this game. Pinckney and Malek Young named full time starters.

I dont think they've decided on KO returner. If you look at it carefully, it said "or". Definite starters' names are bolded - Homer name isnt bold

Advertisement
Advertisement
I had a feeling Thomas's "facing adversity" tweet had something to do with adversity of losing his kick return gig. I think Homer has a chance to be a great kick returner because he's fearless and will hit that thing in there at 100 mph.

Agreed. Travis Homer will not be dancing or stutter stepping. He'll pick a path and gun it.

KR's say OR all across. I'd expect Jeff to get a shot. After all, he said we'd beat FSU before he enrolled.

KR's say OR all across. I'd expect Jeff to get a shot. After all, he said we'd beat FSU before he enrolled.

Well I guess that settles that. Obviously the number one thing coaches look for while out on the recruiting trail is whether or not high school kids are willing to guarantee victory.

Advertisement

Well I guess that settles that. Obviously the number one thing coaches look for while out on the recruiting trail is whether or not high school kids are willing to guarantee victory.

LOL. You guys are tough in here.

Anyway, I see Pinckney playing a big role on Saturday. We will need him to chase around Akers all day on those screens and stretch plays. I havent seen anything thus far to make me believe McCloud is up for the challenge yet..And there is little room for error when it comes to Akers. One bad angle, one misstep re: being late in getting to the edge and its a big play.

LOL. You guys are tough in here.

Anyway, I see Pinckney playing a big role on Saturday. We will need him to chase around Akers all day on those screens and stretch plays. I havent seen anything thus far to make me believe McCloud is up for the challenge yet..And there is little room for error when it comes to Akers. One bad angle, one misstep re: being late in getting to the edge and its a big play.

Tough?

46mQ1_s-200x150.gif

KO are a problem on returns and defense.

Thomas is not hitting the whole quick enough. However, after watching replays there is an issue with the back line blocking. They are running back to the 15 yard line with their backs to the ball until the returner catches the ball. By that time when they finally turn around, they do not have enough time to figure out who to block. Many times the two main front line blockers end up blocking the same guy, leaving a defender free to run right past. This needs to be fixed.

On kickoff defense, 44 is way too slow to get down the field and fill his gap. That gap gets exposed more times then not. And it will get exposed by FSU if we do not fix it.

Regarding the depth chart, no idea why Harris would be on it.

Advertisement
I'm not sure I'm thrilled about our shallow RB depth being used on kick returns.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Agreed. Travis Homer will not be dancing or stutter stepping. He'll pick a path and gun it.

I think Deejay would be decent back there too....looked decent on his return against duke

Advertisement
Back