Miami @ UNC Mon, Feb 26, 7:00 PM EST

Advertisement
Let's be honest, outside of a couple of bad stretches, this team has fought their asses off tonight. I will never be disappointed with a undermanned team giving a full strength, talented team a fight and coming up short. Do you realize that this Miami team, with all the injuries, all the terrible things that has happened, could EASILY be 2-0 against UNC this season? As I've said throughout this season, it's been frustrating because you can see how close this team was to being significantly better in the W/L column. Just standard, regular injury luck, maybe this team gets some confidence and squeezes out 3-5 more conference wins. That's just with regular injury luck, imagine if they had last year's injury luck. The entire season having **** near everyone available.
**** no bro. Attempting a box out would be fighting

If we want to demand more of our AD (or lack thereof) we need to start with eradicating fans and admins that celebrate mediocrity. We literally just won an ACC Regular Season title and went to the final four 10 months ago. This isn't some ragtag, upstart outfit. People should be losing their jobs over a season like this.
This place is infected with those people. On all boards. Is sad to see.

Advertisement
Why does Coach L decide to call aggressive defense when the game is **** near out of reach? Losing “close games” b/c ur philosophy changes to end the game is still a loss.
he would never play aggressive defense like that because he refused to play and empower a bench in November and December and tried to play 6 guys all year and win games 85-84. Coach L has had a poor season. Nwoko, Watson, Djobet and Robinson should have been in the mix from the jump, so they could carve out a niche. Now they are just playing because they have to so of course they are no threat offensively but they give the team something defensively with size and versatility.

Advertisement
great retort. Watson's 1-6 really hitting in the feels huh? how about Cleveland's 3-12 or George can't dribble or score in the second half?
I don't know what you're going through to pick me out to start a fight but I'm not interested. Whatever you're trying to be right about...you're right. Good evening.

George is 20yrs old and gets way too much credit for just being a guy.. He couldn't even get a box out and rebound at the end of the game
He’s so soft. I don’t know if he’s still getting used to his height, but dude is 6’8 and has ONE rebound the entire game.

He’s a good to very good shooter, but he doesn’t provide much else. Lazy defender majority of the time, poor rebounder, not very good off the dribble, and commits bad turnovers.

I have a much different outlook and approach towards football. Basketball made deep runs back to back years and brought back a considerable amount of talent. The fact that anyone is trying to see silver linings right now is disgusting
I get football will take longer, but the same way I blame L for this bull****, I blame Mario too. He didn’t take a backup for TVD. Same situation as L not taking more portal depth. Avoidable things that the coaches brought on themselves. They’ll get no sympathy from me bc of it.

He’s so soft. I don’t know if he’s still getting used to his height, but dude is 6’8 and has ONE rebound the entire game.

He’s a good to very good shooter, but he doesn’t provide much else. Lazy defender majority of the time, poor rebounder, not very good off the dribble, and commits bad turnovers.
He’s a pretty boy out there. Which is totally shocking to me given he played in Europe. I see the talent no doubt but something is missing and I believe all the negatives you laid out are exactly those things.

Advertisement
Nah bro, it’s been 20+ years since the Big East days, don’t throw out close, shoulda, coulda wooda type crap. Just win no excuses.
If I were to have told you this morning that Miami, down Pack and Wooga would be down by a bucket to a top 10 team, ON THE ROAD with a minute remaining, most of us would have been happy. Why? Because we all knew that with around 30PPG of production in street clothes, this team(And honestly 99% of teams) would have little to no chance of winning. It took a dude having a career night, for UNC to escape with a win.

I get it, you want to thump your chest and talk about "No Excuses" while you work your 9 to 5 like the rest of us, but give us a break. This season has been frustrating, but we can also salute this team for showing some heart. Wish this team would have been able to provide this kind of effort consistently, maybe they would have been able to steal a couple of additional conference wins, but at least the young guys are showing some progress as their minutes have picked up. No one is saying any of these youngsters are the second coming, but let's be honest: plenty of Miami fans wanted Wong and Wooga gone early in their careers as well. Maybe one of these guys can grasp a role, and justify being brought back, alongside the guys we know are solid.

Watson played 26 minutes tonight. Djobet played 6. Can someone explain why?
Watson wasn't half bad tonight defensively. L went with the guy that gave him a little more on that end. That said, at this point, you could swap their jerseys and I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Neither is of any value offensively.

Advertisement
He’s gone I get it but Jordan Miller doesn’t let them lose this game. No F’ing way he doesn’t grab those rebounds off the FT miss
Winning plays. Jordan Miller always made them, that's a huge difference between this year's team and previous years. Outside of Omier, who can we count on to make a decent decision late in the game? The difference between this team being a legit NCAAT squad and what we are seeing, are injuries and a Jordan Miller type. Cleveland just isn't that, and honestly, it was unfair to Matt to think that this guy, who has never shown that skillset could magically fill that role. That length, athletic ability, leadership and versatility is missed more than any of us could have ever dreamed. Then again, having a guy you could throw the ball to and say "Get a bucket" like we could with Wong, also helped.

Bensley Joseph’s gotten plenty of well deserved flack on this board.

Tonight was the best game of his career. Hate that it was in a losing effort because he played his a s s off
He made some big time shots, but still had some back breaking turnovers and was lazy at times (the lack of effort on that bad pass from George that lead to an easy UNC 2 was pathetic).

Joseph is best served as a role player playing 15 minutes a game. We cannot trot him out there like this again next season.

Advertisement
Back