MIAMI TALENT

RightSaidFred

Be cool, don’t be culo
Keep hearing about how talented we are. Even the announcers yesterday kept saying it. And it gets me thinking - bull ******* **** man. But maybe people have the wrong idea about what talent is.

See, I don't give a single **** if you can run fast or jump high. I don't give a god**** about your shuttle time or your short area burst or none of that nonsense bull**** we was talking about in the summertime.

You don't have to be Butch ******* Davis to identify talent. It ain't Calculus.

CAN YOU BLOCK THE GUY YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO BLOCK?

CAN YOU TACKLE THE GUY YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO TACKLE?

CAN YOU CATCH THE FOOTBALL WHEN IT'S THROWN AT YOU?

If you can't do the BASIC, FUNDAMENTAL **** that goes along with playing your position, then MISS ME with all this talk about your height and weight numbers. THIS is why we lose. We DON'T do the EASY things well.

And this is where MIAMI FAILS. We recruit a kid like Bubba Baxa because we caught up by the fact that he can boot the ball 70 yards. We caught up by leg strength and all these nonsense metrics. Meanwhile we IGNORE the fact that he can't do the FUNDAMENTAL thing a kicker ought to do - MAKE A GOD**** EXTRA POINT. His high school % was abysmal.

The whole mindset of this program is toxic. We focused on all the wrong things, when all the things that could make us a better team are so SIMPLE.

So I will never call these guys talented football players. And I will never call these talented coaches. The end.

Advertisement
We lost to the worst team in football, at home.

Nobody is saying we have Alabama talent.

If this team wa playing for Urban Meyer it would probably be undefeated, maybe one loss to UF, and our players would be getting NFL looks. Good coaches get the best out of their players, bad coaches ruin kids careers.

Advertisement
Miami is top 3 in talent in the acc. We shouldn’t be bottom 3 Out of 14 teams in the acc standings PERIOD

If you can't catch the football, you don't have no talent and it don't matter if you tall and fast.

We recruit Wiggins who can run 23 mph but has butterfingers.

We recruit Baxa who can boot it 70 yards but can't make XP.

We recruit Donaldson who built like a house but he about as useful as a parking cone.

THAT is the problem at Miami. We focus on ALL the wrong things. Be it chains and swag, or measurables and testing numbers.... ALL the wrong things. Ain't none of those things gonna make you better at PLAYING FOOTBALL.

RUN, BLOCK, TACKLE. It's that god**** simple man.

I agree with you Fred. Name me a worse OL in the ACC, heck the country, than ours (I feel bad for Zion but he is awful). Then magnify that with dropped passes, penalties, taking too long to make decisions in the passing game, **** poor play calling (especially in the red zone) and you have what we are today....3-4 and mediocre at best.

Advertisement
We lost to the worst team in football, at home.

Nobody is saying we have Alabama talent.

If this team wa playing for Urban Meyer it would probably be undefeated, maybe one loss to UF, and our players would be getting NFL looks. Good coaches get the best out of their players, bad coaches ruin kids careers.
We would have beat Florida. We almost did with manny. This team would be undefeated this season with a competent hc. With a really good hc maybe we play Clemson competitively in ACCCG

If you can't catch the football, you don't have no talent and it don't matter if you tall and fast.

We recruit Donaldson who built like a house but he about as useful as a parking cone.

THAT is the problem at Miami. We focus on ALL the wrong things. Be it chains and swag, or measurables and testing numbers.... ALL the wrong things. Ain't none of those things gonna make you better at PLAYING FOOTBALL.

Nonsense.

What boggles my mind is that you have some people blaming the players for not doing their job on the field. Coaches matters man! We saw that when D'No left our team and we got Manny Diaz to run our defense. You saw an improvement. That BS that Ivey pulled on that safe punt is an indication that the coaches aren't doing their job. For me, it reflected a lot on the coaches. I bet that safe punt defense formation was probably just a walk through formation but was never practiced. The coaching staff we got in this team is not division I football. This is a high school football staff.

Advertisement
Keep hearing about how talented we are. Even the announcers yesterday kept saying it. And it gets me thinking - bull ******* **** man. But maybe people have the wrong idea about what talent is.

See, I don't give a single **** if you can run fast or jump high. I don't give a god**** about your shuttle time or your short area burst or none of that nonsense bull**** we was talking about in the summertime.

You don't have to be Butch ******* Davis to identify talent. It ain't Calculus.

CAN YOU BLOCK THE GUY YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO BLOCK?

CAN YOU TACKLE THE GUY YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO TACKLE?

CAN YOU CATCH THE FOOTBALL WHEN IT'S THROWN AT YOU?

If you can't do the BASIC, FUNDAMENTAL **** that goes along with playing your position, then MISS ME with all this talk about your height and weight numbers. THIS is why we lose. We DON'T do the EASY things well.

And this is where MIAMI FAILS. We recruit a kid like Bubba Baxa because we caught up by the fact that he can boot the ball 70 yards. We caught up by leg strength and all these nonsense metrics. Meanwhile we IGNORE the fact that he can't do the FUNDAMENTAL thing a kicker ought to do - MAKE A GOD**** EXTRA POINT. His high school % was abysmal.

The whole mindset of this program is toxic. We focused on all the wrong things, when all the things that could make us a better team are so SIMPLE.

So I will never call these guys talented football players. And I will never call these talented coaches. The end.

More nonsense.

Advertisement
To the GED level intellect who started this thread.

Have you heard of something called “player development”? Do yourself a favor and look it up, you can copy and paste from the post how to spell it.

It might clue you in as to why Miami has recruited at a top 15 level for a decade but is a perennial loser.

They could in high school... so what changed em?

Advertisement
Back