Miami @ Syracuse 1PM EST ESPNU

Facts! This is from page 1, in the book of ‘How to get your *** beat by teams that you’re better than’. You can’t wait till you’re about to lose to turn it on. That’s a recipe for disaster. It will eventually catch up with you. Especially this time of year.

We were picked to come in 12th. 12th!

Maybe, believe it or not, we're not actually as good as we look when we're absolutely peaking for the 5 or 10 minutes of the game we play our very best, all at once. Maybe we are over-achieving team with a lack of bigs and its a miracle the team projected to finish 12th in the ACC has fought and clawed and found a way to end the season 3rd in the conference, 9 spots higher than predicted, and maybe you play too much playstation and can't see when its time to enjoy success. Zoom out, amigo.

Advertisement
Can’t complain about a team that didn’t show up in 1st half for the upteenth time this year. Y’all are so soft shouldered it’s unbelievable. I’ve given this team as much praise as anyone this year after what I expected from them. But I call a spade a spade, we’ve not showed up in 1st halves of games all year. Luckily we’re good enough to overcome it with incredible 2nd half play. In the tournament I hope we put together a full game like we’ve seen maybe a couple times this year
Glad somebody finally said this. It’s a *game* thread. It’s where you discuss what’s going on in the *game*

Saying the team is playing like sh*t while they are playing like sh*t is reality. Acting like negativity is not allowed, only after a miraculous comeback win, is dumb.

Facts! This is from page 1, in the book of ‘How to get your *** beat by teams that you’re better than’. You can’t wait till you’re about to lose to turn it on. That’s a recipe for disaster. It will eventually catch up with you. Especially this time of year.
Syracuse is extremely difficult to play at the Carrier Dome, regardless of their record. They slow the game down the with 2-3 zone, which is inherently going to be a bad matchup for us given our roster makeup and the fact we rely so much on our defense to lead to scoring in transition. It isn't about 'turning it off' or 'turning it on' when we aren't turning them over and running in the first half and aren't keeping the zone honest by making threes.

I thought the canes blowing an 8 pt lead to VT with 1 40 left was the worst I've ever seen then Cuse goes and blows a 10 pt lead with 2 29 left and also had a 7 pt lead with 1 10 left... incredible
Found it. 2011 we were down 10 with 42 seconds against UVA and won in OT. Best comeback I've ever seen.

Advertisement
Found it. 2011 we were down 10 with 42 seconds against UVA and won in OT. Best comeback I've ever seen.

Thanks for the link. Maybe it's apples vs (syracuse)oranges, but Lady Canes scoring last 17 in a row (down by 10 also with a minute) to upset nbr 4 in the country Louisville last night in ACC quarterfinals on a buzzer beater, is up there for me.

Cane Ladies on TV right now (ACCN) beating nbr 20 ND by 7 in 3Q.

I know where we were predicted to finish. That’s not lost on me. But the way this season has played out, anyone with eyes, can see that we’re much better than that. I’m happy with erry ACC win we get. But what you saw in the last 3-4 minutes was a team locked in at both ends against a team that we were better than. If we wait to do that against a better team…. we gonna be at the house watching the rest of the tournament. But in the moment, I’m happy where we are and hoping we get a nice seed.

Advertisement
That was some high level corching from Boeheim. Having Buddy and Girard hold the ball every possession in the last 5 minutes gave us a shot to where the press could matter.

I’ll take it.
Yes. He corched us to a win 😂🤣😂. But give our kids and staff some credit, too. Should have been attacking the foul line area all night, Vs. that 2-3. What happened in the last few minutes is that we figured out that SU can’t handle the ball vs. pressure. So we ramped it up.

Ticket should be officially punched. 14 ACC wins was the magic number. They got there.

Would love to go on a little run in the tourney and get a 7 seed. We were about a 9 supposedly coming into today, right? What do you guys think it would take, of course without knowing what happens with everyone else?

Advertisement
THIS comeback made ESPN's TOP TEN list.... seems like yesterday! (LOL)
1646514427784.png

We were picked to come in 12th. 12th!

Maybe, believe it or not, we're not actually as good as we look when we're absolutely peaking for the 5 or 10 minutes of the game we play our very best, all at once. Maybe we are over-achieving team with a lack of bigs and its a miracle the team projected to finish 12th in the ACC has fought and clawed and found a way to end the season 3rd in the conference, 9 spots higher than predicted, and maybe you play too much playstation and can't see when its time to enjoy success. Zoom out, amigo.
A lot of our fans, most of whom weren't paying attention when the season started love to flap their gums despite knowing nothing about the sport.

This team has overachieved something fierce. Most of us were just hoping that this team would be respectable. They are a top 4 team in the ACC this year, with a win over Duke, a win over UNC, and multiple wins over teams that should be dancing. That's something most of us weren't even dreaming of preseason. It's almost like some of our fans are incapable of enjoying the ride.

Advertisement
They were turning up pressure all night, problem was that Cuse couldn't miss from deep. Miami forced 11 turnovers, so Cuse also did a solid job taking care of the rock.
They were, but the difference was the intensity. Yes SU was hitting from deep, but the intensity of the pressure was what made the difference and showed that SU can’t handle pressure.

Advertisement
Back