Miami staff as recruiters from local coaches perspective

Titles article '...from local coaches perspective.'

Sets aside 200 words from main rivals' crootin analyst.

Advertisement
I actually think they are recruiting good enough IF they coached better. It would not matter if the landed every one of the big starts they missed this year is they still get abused by ACC chumps including FSU. If they kick rear this year, they did great job recruiting. If they get embarrassed again like last year, they recruiting was weak. Winning fixes everything, and losing ruins as much. If you can't out recruit everyone, you **** well better out coach them. This class is good enough to win it all -- assuming one of our QBs pan out. The holes are filled. Now we will find out if Al is a HC or sales manager.

Those coaches must be idiots or not read this board. Someone go school these high school coaches on the real deal. CIS style.

Advertisement
It always hurts to lose elite talent but I truly believe we have one the hardest working staffs around.

Winning brings elite talent.

Your making assumptions. Fsu n.other schools recruit lil league coaches n parents n cousins. Ppl who have been.in.the life of a kid and who the trust. That's So. Fla. **** that's the whole country.
They better adapt to this recruiting world. how the **** yall think we Yearby??? His optimist coach. Coley knew that and hit him hard. STACY from last yr, he was signing with FSU n Coley pullee in a favor. Yall better wake up. This is a billion dollar business. They want to keep those million $ contracts n win you better do what you can to get players. No such thing as cheating. just bending rules...lol ijs fools
I think Golden's adapting (still making mistakes) but he's getting better. He can coordinate well with coaches at various high schools and he does wonders with the parents. The sad thing is, he's late at times, and unfortunately street agents at these 7-on-7 events have been thrown into the mix.

It is what it is, gents. Things come in cycles. Unfortunately, this is not ours. South Fla kids, for the most part, just dont feel the U right now. We got our teeth kicked in by UL and it didnt help that Al pulled that BS stunt right after the **** game by flirting with PSU.

I know this sounds like a broken record but lets look to 2015. Tomorrow, if we get CRidley and SBB, will go a long way in securing a legendary class in 2015.

Ok, Uncle Luke says we should recruit like out-of-towners. What exactly does he mean?

MEANS not take recruits for advantage.. put pressure on them to stay home..

Please, that's bogus. Probably no coach in Miami history has done more to connect with and work the local coaches and kids. And tell us, how do you put pressure on Sony, Collins, Valentine . . . Cook to stay home?

Advertisement
What golden needs to do is win ******* games and loosen the reins a little. He runs an uptight program. Loosen the reins, look competent on the field and let these kids have fun.

Your making assumptions. Fsu n.other schools recruit lil league coaches n parents n cousins. Ppl who have been.in.the life of a kid and who the trust. That's So. Fla. **** that's the whole country.
They better adapt to this recruiting world. how the **** yall think we Yearby??? His optimist coach. Coley knew that and hit him hard. STACY from last yr, he was signing with FSU n Coley pullee in a favor. Yall better wake up. This is a billion dollar business. They want to keep those million $ contracts n win you better do what you can to get players. No such thing as cheating. just bending rules...lol ijs fools
I think Golden's adapting (still making mistakes) but he's getting better. He can coordinate well with coaches at various high schools and he does wonders with the parents. The sad thing is, he's late at times, and unfortunately street agents at these 7-on-7 events have been thrown into the mix.

Hey, in case you missed the memo, the program is on NCAA probation. Probably wouldn't be smart to be bending the rules.

Advertisement
If Golden isn't a first-class recruiter, then he really doesn't have much to lean on. His gameday coaching and strategy has been questionable so far. His player development is so-so. So if he isn't pulling in top players then I ask this, what is his talent?

While this year's class is certainly an improvement, it is also full of holes at need areas and there is no NCAA cloud to blame. I'm thinking Butch would convince a lot of the Matthew Thomas' and Sony Michel's to stay home. Our ineptitude when it comes to recruiting over the last decade, paired with our below average coaches has helped build dynasties at UF and now FSU. I really hope Golden can convince some of these 2015 kids, who will no doubt commit early on, to honor their commitments and not get outdone by recruiting closers like Jimbo, Saban and such.

Butch was a snake-oil salesman, that's why he was such a good recruiter. The one time I met him, in a bar on Bourbon Street, I knew it right away. I gotta tell you, I really liked the guy, right off the bat.

I don't think AG has that as part of his personality...yet. He's probably got to get a sleazy side, before he becomes an elite recruiter, just like all these good ol' boys in the SEC and at FSU.

This is the part I have a problem with: Closing on positions where the talent and depth is needed -- immediately.

Case #1: DT - last season they missed out on every top DT in SFL and needed immediate help at the position.
(Bryant, Bain, and Bostwick) UM was 0 for 3 with the best guys in SFL. You have to CLOSE this guys!

Case #2: WR - this season, hurting at depth at the position, Miami missed the top 3 rated guys at WR: (Dixon, Rudolph, who was a former commit, and Lane, who has a family member on Miami's staff - Barrow) And what hurts more, assuming that Lane qualifies for FSU, is that 2 of the top 3 end up playing for your rivals in Tallahassee. You have to close these recruits!

I won't even pour salt in the wound by bringing up Case #3 RB's

Thats how and why coaches get dismissed. You can miss out on recruits. It happens. But when you miss out on players that you need, and those needed players end up at your rival's school, you have a problem. A coaches job to to sell that need to a recruit and close.

Last edited:
17.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back