Miami Secondary 2017

I'm a little more cautious about our Secondary. We have plenty of talent, that's not an issue, but off season reports are hard me to trust. They're always positive, with everyone improving and looking great.

Losing 4 Senior starters from our secondary, 3 being NFL draft picks, and thinking there will be no dropoff is a little risky.

Playing behind a dominant front 7 should mean the secondary will be fine. I'm not worried, but wouldn't be surprised if the secondary isn't quite as good as last year. We'll be relying heavily on players, while talented, haven't played at this level yet - Dean, Delany, Carter, Bandy, etc.

This should be the most interesting competition to see once camp starts since so many secondary positions are open.

What you forget is
Malek young and redwine both started more than 5 games each at cornerback last year. Jaquan while not necessarily a starter played a lot for a backup and had 38 tackles. So that's 3 of the positions pretty much locked down with Delaney, dean, bandy competing for that other corner spot

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back