Miami qb pressure numbers

Advertisement
Yup. That’s what made our defenses under Diaz so great. But now we play like No’D on the back end and it’s hard to watch! And the stupid exotic blitzes with safeties coming from 50 miles away are dumb af!! Still with soft zone behind it smh
I love blitzes but ours take too long to get there now. Before we would have guys up on the line and show you we are coming and force you to stop it and lock up on the back end. Now we try too much to disguise them and they don’t get there in time. While still in soft zone lol. I barely see any man blitzes from us anymore.
Often times you don't even need to blitz, just disguise the coverage to it takes the qb time to read the defense when he drops back. By the time he recognizes the coverage, it's either too late, or he misreads the coverage and it's an int.

We play way more man than zone. Our corners aren’t good and they play with outside leverage while having no help on the inside so underneath throws over the middle are easy for opponents.

Advertisement
Diaz doesnt seem to value covering skills as that important, he has said as such, he feels setting the edge, having good positive attitude and tackling are 3 most important attributes for his scheme.. I dont think he puts enough resources to get top corners and having a limited social coach at CB accentuates that even more.. He will put a safety at corner if he has to, he dont care.. cover 3 blitz is his go to

Yup. That’s what made our defenses under Diaz so great. But now we play like No’D on the back end and it’s hard to watch! And the stupid exotic blitzes with safeties coming from 50 miles away are dumb af!! Still with soft zone behind it smh
I love blitzes but ours take too long to get there now. Before we would have guys up on the line and show you we are coming and force you to stop it and lock up on the back end. Now we try too much to disguise them and they don’t get there in time. While still in soft zone lol. I barely see any man blitzes from us anymore.
Have you actually watched the last 3 games
That blitz has been abandoned for atleast last 3 games. It has been replaced by double blitz off the edge with a safety chasing over the top and a CB coming underneath. Very effective blitz. Bolden and Couch have multiple sacks from this scheme.

Advertisement
Today I learned we have fans that think press man generates more interceptions than zone coverage.

Our DBs supposedly can’t turn their heads and play the ball when in any coverage but catch the ball better and read the quarterback better when they can’t see the quarterback.

Next level stuff.

The gaps in our defense are too big. We are getting stretched.

Thats our problem.

Advertisement
Being fast isn't the key to excelling at press-man.

Richard Sherman was one of the best press CB's in football and he's far from fast.

The biggest reason we probably wouldn't excel in press-man is because our CB's don't use their length/size to disrupt the WR's release. And if you're not impeding the WR's progress off the line then you're just turning it into a foot race.

That's why I don't understand why our coaches covet size so much when we don't even attempt to be physical in coverage. Blades and Ivey should be mugging WR's.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back