Miami Post game Review

When the lights of the big stage comes on the performance will be better guys didn't game plan for this game today

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
When the lights of the big stage comes on the performance will be better guys didn't game plan for this game today

They put 70 on this team last year to open the season. And the defense was way better last year in the game. Them lame excuses don't hold water.

I don't know what else to tell you guys it's the same front 7 from last year you think they forgot how to bring it overnight

Advertisement
[video=youtube;Pqq0VDwZ3Yw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pqq0VDwZ3Yw[/video]

Agree. There's concerns.

Always trust your eyes , they don't lie.

People say the sacks numbers sucked because of the quick throws , ok, I'll give ya that. So you're saying our cb's couldn't cover a meac school wr for 2 seconds? You can't play it both ways .

I don't know what else to tell you guys it's the same front 7 from last year you think they forgot how to bring it overnight

We lost a stud cb, stud safety and a stud hybrid in Colbert. Those guys could cover.

The DL wasn't consistent getting there with four most of the year , Diaz was using a lot of zone dogs , pressure coming from everywhere. With three Sr's playing behind it, four when Colbert was healthy .

Last edited:

the front seven will arrive, the back 4 will be in trouble in spots this season we need an influx of speed.....storm18 lets get it

Advertisement
[video=youtube;Pqq0VDwZ3Yw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pqq0VDwZ3Yw[/video]

Agree. There's concerns.

Always trust your eyes , they don't lie.

People say the sacks numbers sucked because of the quick throws , ok, I'll give ya that. So you're saying our cb's couldn't cover a meac school wr for 2 seconds? You can't play it both ways .

good point, we will find out alot in these next two games

Where was Herndon

Malik looks like he doesnt throw between the hashes that well I dont know if thats play calling but I dont know man, I never felt like this after a win lol. Alot of troubling **** I saw today

Yep. There were passes that seemed to be culled from the playbook. He played alright, but the O just looked like it had no identity at all. I really want to see more from out backups, because something just doesn't seem to be there with Rosier. He made some good passes, don't get me wrong, but it looked like parts of the field were off limits. That concerns me.

the front seven will arrive, the back 4 will be in trouble in spots this season we need an influx of speed.....storm18 lets get it

The better the front 7 plays, the easier it will be for the back 4. We'll get it fixed.

I'm actually not too worried my biggest questions today were.

1. Can Rosier manage the game and deliver the balls to the speedy playmakers on the outside and be mobile enough to elude pressure and pick up yards?
Answer yes just need to improve intermediate throwing but that will come with time and confidence.

2. Do we have a number 2 back behind Walton?
Answer is **** Yessss Homer playing like he wants to be rich soon.

3. Can our oline improve with run block and pass block on the edge?
Answer yes big run lanes especially big Donaldson and have you heard McDermott or st Louis mentioned all day no they played their butts off pass blocking.

4. Are the the new wide outs speed legit?
Answer yes harley and Thomas can blaze and that's without Richards and even Herndon cause we didn't need to over use him today.

5. Can quarterman play faster sideline to sideline more this year?
Answer yes he chased down multiple players fast to ball today it's needed to become complete line backer

6. Can new corners bring the speed and coverage ability?
Answer so so with the exception of Delaney the guys brought it

7. Can safeties bring the speed and coverage ability?
Answer to be determined guys need to improve tackling and angle positioning

With all of that only a few negatives and mostly positives where we still only have 4 true games this season against fsu, North Carolina, Virginia Tech, Norte dame. And we should win 3 of this 4 and take the coastal

Wow a lot of sunshine there where most of us saw clouds...and saying we only have 4 " true " games this year Is being pretty naive with the fact we struggled holding a glorified juco team under 400 yds on offense.

I'd say the other 11 teams on our slate are better to much much better than the one we played today so until that defense proves otherwise,which I'm hoping it does,I disagree with you and say we have 11 " true " games left.

Advertisement
Where was Herndon

Malik looks like he doesnt throw between the hashes that well I dont know if thats play calling but I dont know man, I never felt like this after a win lol. Alot of troubling **** I saw today

Yep. There were passes that seemed to be culled from the playbook. He played alright, but the O just looked like it had no identity at all. I really want to see more from out backups, because something just doesn't seem to be there with Rosier. He made some good passes, don't get me wrong, but it looked like parts of the field were off limits. That concerns me.

Dmoney said rosier doesnt throw good in between the numbers.

Where was Herndon

Dmoney said rosier doesnt throw good in between the numbers.

Then we're in trouble.

Advertisement
To be honest if I had to grade today offense would be a C and defense would be a C- . Definitely not good enough for the big teams but I trust the coaches to and team leaders to get it corrected and bring the energy that's why I'm not panicking it's a little upsetting we didn't get to see our canes put on a hurricane show but they will get it corrected

I think the D will get straight. My biggest concern is the limitations in the passing game. I think it'll be hard to beat good teams without a QB that can make every throw within 30 yards. We need our QB to hit the skill players in stride, and I'm not convinced Rosier is that guy, yet. He has a lot to prove if he's going to hold off Shirreffs and Perry. The O just looked too limited against a vastly overmatched D. We will not be able to ride Walton and Homer against FSU.

The defense was not good today, no doubt. With that said, I am very interested to see what Manny and company can do with this secondary. We will see this year what are they can do. I like what I saw from Mike Jackson, he is big and athletic so is Delaney. We have pieces to work with in the secondary, we will find the correct roles and combinations to use. The secondary isn't what ****ed me off today, it was the Dline. They should have feasted today. Bethune was 7/17 on third down and 2/2 on 4th down. This was our bugaboo last year. Dline has to carry this defense plain and simple, we are 11-12 deep of quality players.

We need Golden back. If we can't get him, close the program. It's all ****, ALL ****!! Let's get the torches and haul El Jefe out of this town on a hayride. That's it, F the Canes, I quit, ima be a Dolphin fan from hear on.

Advertisement
Back