Miami Playing in the Cheez It Bowl

Of course I want to win, but the bowl game is literally meaningless. If we win, what happens? Do we make the playoffs? Do we win the ACC? I don’t understand. Lol at winning program... do you know who we play in the opener next year? So if we win this game, we’ll have a better shot at Bama? Regardless if we lose or win the bowl, we’re getting beat down by Bama and any other decent team next year. This “program” is dead bro. Can’t believe you just said “winning program”. Unbelievable.
If you think the program is dead, then just leave and spare everyone the dramatics. This is a fan site.

Advertisement
I think we matchup pretty well against then. I've watched a handful of their games this year and this isn't the same Oklahoma State from years past. Knowing us in typical Miami bowl fashion we will make them look like Alabama lol
Can you elaborate on why you think so? Their defense (total defense; yards per play) would be the third best one we've played this year behind Clemson and Pitt and while their offense isn't as strong as it's known to be, they have dynamic receivers and a decent dual threat QB.

Last edited:
I like our chances vs OK St.

People who haven’t watched a single snap of OK St all year will of course have their grandiose opinions about how bad they’re going to beat us & I get it, but this isn’t the typical high powered Mike Gundy OK St team that yall are used to.

Their QB Spencer Sanders is ***, he’s thrown for 10TD’s & 8INT’s this season, not that that means he can’t have a good game against Miami lol but he’s not the prototype dangerous OK St QB that will light you up.

The game will come down our ability to stop Dezmon Jackson, Dillon Stoner & Tylan Wallace (if he even plays).

It’s a winnable game, doesn’t mean we will win, but it’s a very winnable game. Diaz has to get this team fired up & prepared to play, regardless of who opts-out or won’t be available for whatever reason, but these end of the year Bowl games all come down to effort & how much the players care about winning, because these games are very easy for players to just not give AF, so coaches have work twice as hard to motivate them to play.

This should be a game where King goes off for over 100 yards rushing.

Advertisement
I like our chances vs OK St.

People who haven’t watched a single snap of OK St all year will of course have their grandiose opinions about how bad they’re going to beat us & I get it, but this isn’t the typical high powered Mike Gundy OK St team that yall are used to.

Their QB Spencer Sanders is ***, he’s thrown for 10TD’s & 8INT’s this season, not that that means he can’t have a good game against Miami lol but he’s not the prototype dangerous OK St QB that will light you up.

The game will come down our ability to stop Dezmon Jackson, Dillon Stoner & Tylan Wallace (if he even plays).

It’s a winnable game, doesn’t mean we will win, but it’s a very winnable game. Diaz has to get this team fired up & prepared to play, regardless of who opts-out or won’t be available for whatever reason, but these end of the year Bowl games all come down to effort & how much the players care about winning, because these games are very easy for players to just not give AF, so coaches have work twice as hard to motivate them to play.

This should be a game where King goes off for over 100 yards rushing.
The only viable advantage Ok St. has is their coaching staff. That maybe all they need.

Advertisement
Oklahoma State isn't very good and they've lost their best player(s). In theory, Miami should win...however, the corch factor is in play.

Last time Oklahoma State played against the ACC in a bowl game, they were favored by a TD over VaTech and beat them and covered. That was a much better team though with Mason Rudolph, Justice Hill, and James Washington. They don't have that kind of firepower this time.

Mike Gundy has been pretty good about covering the spread in his time at Oklahoma State in bowl games. 9-4-1 record against the spread in bowl games is pretty good. Be careful if you're slapping down real world money on Miami for this game.

I cant believe some of the comments Ive read on this thread. What fan would not want a bowl game??? After all these years I still get fired up like no other feeling at kickoff of a Canes game. Are we playing for a NC. No we arent. Suck it up buttercups. That doesnt mean 1 more game cant be fun and have something to gain.

There were a lot of people here pumping there chests up when FSU and other teams were using Covid as an excuse to bail, saying that we would never do that. Now fans on our own side are suggesting it.

These past 20 years have sucked balls. I get it. Im sick of it and we should have better leadership that holds this program to a higher standard....completely with you all on that. But the fact is right now that there are only 5 or 6 teams with a shot at the trophy yoy and we arent one of them. That doesnt mean we cant enjoy any chance to lace them up.

There absolutely are things to gain from playing in a bowl. Every practice is invaluable. Especially for the younger guys whose practice time got cut short by The Covid. They need reps. This team would also serve well to man up and get refocused, prepare and fight like **** and wipe the **** off our shoe from our last game We arent mentally tough. Here is a chance to work on that. Up to Manny and the players to do it. Not to mention, bowl week tends to be different than conference play. It can give us experience down the road for future bowl games.

C'mon guys. Get your head in the game and enjoy our favorite team.

Go Canes

didn’t Hubbard opt out at this point?
1608498292288.png

Advertisement
If you think the program is dead, then just leave and spare everyone the dramatics. This is a fan site.
This is a fan site!! Lol de pinga what a terrible comment. So you don’t want what’s best for the program? Isn’t that the point of being a fan? I’ll start changing my tone when the program starts moving correctly aka .. hiring good coaches, athletic department starts caring, product on the field improves, etc. If you don’t recognize the program is dead then you’re part of the problem, name me the programs top achievements in the past decade.

Of course I want to win, but the bowl game is literally meaningless. If we win, what happens? Do we make the playoffs? Do we win the ACC? I don’t understand. Lol at winning program... do you know who we play in the opener next year? So if we win this game, we’ll have a better shot at Bama? Regardless if we lose or win the bowl, we’re getting beat down by Bama and any other decent team next year. This “program” is dead bro. Can’t believe you just said “winning program”. Unbelievable.

Don't let the door at the funeral home hit you in the *** on the way out....bro.

Advertisement
With the opt outs I don’t see ending the season on a high note.

We are already down Phillips.

Another limping into the offseason.

Advertisement
Back