Miami Players sign as UDFAs

He got toasted when he played press. Even the FAU WR's were dogging him.

And why would a CB be great at press but bad at zone?

Tracy was better on the outside than Corn... The coaches had it out for him. They don't even know how to develop corners. Talking bs about he got toasted wtf does that mean? All our corners have gotten toasted before Jalen Ramsey too. Tracy did no worse than anybody else didnt get a fair shake.
You have a new excuse every time, it's this or that...how bout we try he isn't that good and he's probably not going to make the Browns roster...and I'll bet you'll come back with he's already the third best CB on the team

I think he will bro... nobody thought Shields would make Green Bay Roster and he did...and he was in far worse shape than Howard..he was converted CB for one year no technique or nothing and he is now a Pro Bowler... if he can make the Packers..im sure Howard can make the Browns...hard work will get him there

SHIELDS IS A 6'0" 195LBS AND RUNS A 4.2-4.3!!!

Understood bro... Im just saying we can have a difference of opinion... and i just think he will make it

Advertisement
Tracy Howard is going to make a team if he wants it bad enough.... He just has to figure out how to forget all of the bs coaching he went thru the last 4yrs get back to what made him a 5 star and he'll be fine.
Golden and Dorito ruined his development, if he went to Florida he wouldve been drafted....Show me tape where Howard looked so much worse than Burns and Elder?.... His only weakness is getting beat over the top, but a lot of corners are liabilities when it comes to that and that doesn't disqualify you from the NFL.

Tracy Howard is going to make a team if he wants it bad enough.... He just has to figure out how to forget all of the bs coaching he went thru the last 4yrs get back to what made him a 5 star and he'll be fine.
Golden and Dorito ruined his development, if he went to Florida he wouldve been drafted....Show me tape where Howard looked so much worse than Burns and Elder?.... His only weakness is getting beat over the top, but a lot of corners are liabilities when it comes to that and that doesn't disqualify you from the NFL.

Getting beat over the top is...like...the #1 thing that's unforgivable for a CB though. That's every DC's #1 concern.

:monkey-serious:

Advertisement

Getting beat over the top is...like...the #1 thing that's unforgivable for a CB though. That's every DC's #1 concern.

Still doesn't disqualify you... Its a lot of corners in the league will get beat deep. These receivers are just more talented than theyve ever been. And Tracy has made plays against deep balls thrown against him ( 2 interceptions against UNC), just saying that's his one weakness but again you can say the same about a number of corners already in the NFL

I guess Tracy didn't want it bad enough at UM

Advertisement

That's like saying a **** star's only weakness is he can't achieve tumescence on camera.

I guess Tracy didn't want it bad enough at UM

Nah I wouldn't say that... After Tracy's 1st two years he barely got on the field and it had nothing to do with his talent. This coaching staff was playing Fentress the same amount of reps as Deon Bush. They don't like me guys or guys who believe in themselves, Tracy probably challenged Dorito and got benched for it. Its hard to get a feel for the game and for the receiver you're asked to defend when you're always in and out the game.

Tracy even said he didn't know why he wasn't playing its not like we had a lot of depth to not play him and Elder was never as good as Tracy on the outside IMO.

Still doesn't disqualify you... Its a lot of corners in the league will get beat deep. These receivers are just more talented than theyve ever been. And Tracy has made plays against deep balls thrown against him ( 2 interceptions against UNC), just saying that's his one weakness but again you can say the same about a number of corners already in the NFL

You know those 2 picks came when he was playing zone defense, right?
But I'm listening to yall tell me that he's a man-press Corner.

Advertisement
Like I been telling yall for a while now...

It's really hard to make a CB look bad. Either you can cover or you can't. The only way to make an inferior CB look bad is to ask him to play press-man. Zone NEVER makes a kid look worse.

D'Onofrio ran every coverage in the book. Cover-2, Cover-4, Cover-3, press, press-bail, press-man, etc. YOU CAN EITHER COVER OR YOU CAN'T! Ain't no grey area.

You got CB's that can't play man but are good at zone. (I've had plenty) But ain't no such thing as a CB that can play press-man but can't excel at zone. Where do you guys come up with this stuff?

Burns and Howard played under the same exact system.

Burns got drafted despite coaching because scouts could see his athleticism and potential. These scouts have a plethora of film to look over. You don't think they could've found something in Howard's film that would warrant him being drafted? (if he indeed was as good as yall say he is) They can see Howard run every coverage in the book while watching his film. There's plenty of plays with him playing press-man.

What they saw was a 5'10" Corner with marginal foot speed who runs a 4.5-4.6 forty.

Burns got drafted despite coaching because scouts could see his athleticism and potential. These scouts have a plethora of film to look over. You don't think they could've found something in Howard's film that would warrant him being drafted? (if he indeed was as good as yall say he is) They can see Howard run every coverage in the book while watching his film. There's plenty of plays with him playing press-man.

What they saw was a 5'10" Corner with marginal foot speed who runs a 4.5-4.6 forty.
You make a lot of good points in this thread, Beardy. But the NFL draft point is weak. There have been tons of guys who have excelled in the NFL as free agents or as guys who were passed over hundreds of times and drafted very late.

Tom Brady might be the best QB in the history of the league, and he was passed over probably 250 times before the Pats took him.

Wasn't James Harrison undrafted? I think he won the NFL MVP once. If you don't think Howard can cover that's one thing. But to say your point is proven by him going undrafted weakens your arguments.

Advertisement
Tracy Howard just isn't good, 5 star bust happen, less recently but it still happens.

Best of luck to TH3.

Burns and Howards situation were completely different... Burns had a lot of awful tape that someone could've hyped and said well he's a 6th round pick or some ****. He just had natural talent that very few corners in CFB have and was given the opp to look bad then make up for it with a solid season... Remember er when Burns got beat deep against that WR from wake forest on a 4th down play?

He was allowed to make up for his mistakes... If it wasn't for this past season he wouldn't have been drafted.

There's plenty of plays of Howard playing man where he looked good, its easy to blow up the negatives if thats all your agenda is about....

Scouts don't know **** about finding talent, Falcons drafting bums like Dez Southward ( a florida boy) in the 3rd bc he's 6-2 and ran a 4.4 but he's garbage and I knew it so its not am exact science **** a 40 if u can ball.

Or draft overrated LSU corners bc they're all coming out 6'2 running 4.3s like Maurica Claiborne and Jalen Collins both suck in the NFL.... Howard has more talent to make it than most of the dB's drafted.

Last edited:

Burns and Howards situation were completely different... Burns had a lot of awful tape that someone could've hyped and said well he's a 6th round pick or some ****. He just had natural talent that very few corners in CFB have and was given the opp to look bad then make up for it with a solid season... Remember er when Burns got beat deep against that WR from wake forest on a 4th down play?

He was allowed to make up for his mistakes... If it wasn't for this past season he wouldn't have been drafted.

There's plenty of plays of Howard playing man where he looked good, its easy to blow up the negatives if thats all your agenda is about....

Scouts don't know **** about finding talent, Falcons drafting bums like Dez Southward ( a florida boy) in the 3rd bc he's 6-2 and ran a 4.4 but he's garbage and I knew it so its not am exact science **** a 40 if u can ball.

Or draft overrated LSU corners bc they're all coming out 6'2 running 4.3s like Maurica Claiborne and Jalen Collins both suck in the NFL.... Howard has more talent to make it than most of the dB's drafted.

Based off what?

You Howard fans on this board kill me. What talent? He's not fast. He's 5'10". He's not a great tackler. His foot speed is relatively average. Overall his measureables are mediocre.

What has he shown to warrant this love affair that you guys have going on with him? (or is it just the fact that he's a local 5-star kid?)

Based off what?

You Howard fans on this board kill me. What talent? He's not fast. He's 5'10". He's not a great tackler. His foot speed is relatively average. Overall his measureables are mediocre.

What has he shown to warrant this love affair that you guys have going on with him? (or is it just the fact that he's a local 5-star kid?)

He said that in the combine thread too, and then blames scouts not knowing how to find talent but yet they find guys in lower D1 schools and D2 that become pro bowlers. He's the ultimate excuse maker for everyone.

Advertisement
Back