Miami Players sign as UDFAs

Thats just my opinion.... i think he is more of a press corner, and to me we played too much zone....

He got toasted when he played press. Even the FAU WR's were dogging him.

And why would a CB be great at press but bad at zone?

Tracy was better on the outside than Corn... The coaches had it out for him. They don't even know how to develop corners. Talking bs about he got toasted wtf does that mean? All our corners have gotten toasted before Jalen Ramsey too. Tracy did no worse than anybody else didnt get a fair shake.
You have a new excuse every time, it's this or that...how bout we try he isn't that good and he's probably not going to make the Browns roster...and I'll bet you'll come back with he's already the third best CB on the team

I think he will bro... nobody thought Shields would make Green Bay Roster and he did...and he was in far worse shape than Howard..he was converted CB for one year no technique or nothing and he is now a Pro Bowler... if he can make the Packers..im sure Howard can make the Browns...hard work will get him there
But that was the hope with Sam Shields though he played CB for one year and you knew he was extremely athletic, could catch the ball, and tackle because he was a gunner on ST. What can you say about a guy who played CB for 4 years and he could never be better than average , if they move him to safety I think he has a chance but I doubt they will.

Advertisement
Any update on Dallas? He has to at least get invited to a mini-camp right? Freaking Joe Thomas did last year.
Why do you think a 5'7 fat dude who was recently timed at 5 flat has any business in the NFL?

lmaooooo

Lol. I don't think he would make a roster by any means. But I do expect someone to invite him to a mini-camp. At this point all he can ask for is a chance to prove himself. I hope someone gives it to him.

Doesn't Burns going in the 1st round kinda murder the ol' "Tracy Howard wasn't utilized properly" argument?

According to scouting reports, they said "Burns is raw, needs coaching, & the staff at Miami has a reputation of not developing their players."

Doesn't Burns going in the 1st round kinda murder the ol' "Tracy Howard wasn't utilized properly" argument?

Thats just my opinion.... i think he is more of a press corner, and to me we played too much zone....

Yes. Tracy Howard was overrated. Enough said. He won't last in the NFL. Nothing he has done over the last 4 years would support the argument that he will.

This is the biggest mercy f*ck I've seen in a long time.

Add to the list:

Former QB Jake Heaps - Seahawks

Per Reports...

* CB Tracy Howard signs with Browns..

* DT Calvin Heurtelou signs with Broncos...

* DL Ufomba Kamalu signs with Texans...

*WR Herb Waters signs with Green Bay....

*LB Tyriq McCord signs with Pittsburgh...

Advertisement

Tracy was better on the outside than Corn... The coaches had it out for him. They don't even know how to develop corners. Talking bs about he got toasted wtf does that mean? All our corners have gotten toasted before Jalen Ramsey too. Tracy did no worse than anybody else didnt get a fair shake.
You have a new excuse every time, it's this or that...how bout we try he isn't that good and he's probably not going to make the Browns roster...and I'll bet you'll come back with he's already the third best CB on the team

I think he will bro... nobody thought Shields would make Green Bay Roster and he did...and he was in far worse shape than Howard..he was converted CB for one year no technique or nothing and he is now a Pro Bowler... if he can make the Packers..im sure Howard can make the Browns...hard work will get him there

I personally think Shield had a higher ceiling and performed at a higher level than Howard during his lone season. Shield won games for us during his 1 year. Check out Wake 09. Shields also was 6'2, ran a 4.2 and was a beast on special teams. Everyone had an idea he could make the roster as a gunner. Becoming the corner he became just showed his talents. He was also a better tackler. I don't think you can compare the two. Howard isn't as naturally gifted as Sam.

People sleep on Waters. He didn't get enough looks here imo. This guy can catch and has great speed.

Speed....some cant run as fast and will get burned...if you can jam a WR to slow him down coming out the break, you have a better shot at containing him then letting a WR just run by you without getting a hand on him...plus our DBs were good at not allowing the deep ball only becaause we played that zone....they didn't get burned much

Dude...

That stuff you're referring to applies to big CB's. Tracy is not a 6'2" press Corner. 5'10" 185lb guys need speed. His little *** ain't keeping an NFL WR on the line-of-scrimmage.

He got abused when he went press. Go back and watch the FAU game.

Uh, the NFL says he did do worse, apparently. That's why he didn't get drafted.
I don't recall Burns or Elder getting abused against FAU.

The coaches didn't have it out for him at all. Matter of fact, D'Onofrio seemed to like him from what I gathered. He referred to him as "very savvy". (which is what Tracy is)

But he's slow.

Advertisement

Bro they got a million excuses for this dude. He's beloved on here. Local 5 star!

They just can't come to grips with the fact that he's not that good. SMH

SHIELDS IS A 6'0" 195LBS AND RUNS A 4.2-4.3!!!

Coach Macho pretty much summed it all up.

Tracy Howard is small and slow. Not a good combination.

He isn't nearly strong enough to be a press-zone guy ala Richard Sherman. He gets beaten in man a lot.

He does seem to have good instincts and makes some smart plays but he's too limited by a lack of athleticism. I'd say he might make a decent safety but he's still too small.

Sam Shields was misused by Randy but everyone knew he was fast. Even if you haven't shown much on the field, a team will give you a shot if you're a legit 4.3 guy.

He isn't nearly strong enough to be a press-zone guy ala Richard Sherman. He gets beaten in man a lot.

He does seem to have good instincts and makes some smart plays but he's too limited by a lack of athleticism. I'd say he might make a decent safety but he's still too small.

Sam Shields was misused by Randy but everyone knew he was fast. Even if you haven't shown much on the field, a team will give you a shot if you're a legit 4.3 guy.

How was Shields misused by Randy? If anything be shined for someone who only learned the position in like 7 months. He was good here and made plays. His only bad game was against OU but he was lined up against arguably the best wideout in college. I don't get why some think Sam had a bad year at corner during his lone season. If he made the move sooner like Randy and I believe Hill wanted he would of been a 1st round pick.

Advertisement
But, but, but he was a 5 star.... He just had bad coaching. He needs to play press man. Golden plays him 6 yards back, therefore not utilizing his all world press skills.

Fire Al Golden!!!

YUH?!

Well how do you explain Gunter making GB's 53 man roster?...running a 4.6?...as an UDFA?
You mean the 6'1 200 pound Ladarius Gunter?? The same one the has more career picks than Tracy Howard and was only here 2 years?? The same one that also is a better tackler than Tracy Howard?? The same one that was given a 5th round grade by NFL.com( Tracy Howard didn't have a profile up in any scouting company)

Last edited:
Advertisement

How was Shields misused by Randy? If anything be shined for someone who only learned the position in like 7 months. He was good here and made plays. His only bad game was against OU but he was lined up against arguably the best wideout in college. I don't get why some think Sam had a bad year at corner during his lone season. If he made the move sooner like Randy and I believe Hill wanted he would of been a 1st round pick.

When someone is good enough to start for an NFL franchise but the head coach at his university doesn't feel he's good enough to start, it's called being misused. He didn't have a bad year at corner his one season there, he just didn't get much playing time.

YUH?!

Well how do you explain Gunter making GB's 53 man roster?...running a 4.6?...as an UDFA?
You mean the 6'1 200 pound Ladarius Gunter?? The same one the has more career picks than Tracy Howard and was only here 2 years?? The same one that also is a better tackler than Tracy Howard?? The same one that was given a 5th round grade by NFL.com( Tracy Howard didn't have a profile up in any scouting company)

Thats what I was thinking....lol Not even close to the same players. Neither in size or actual play...Bwahahahahaha! I could see a situation where he learns safety, or zone corner in the right scheme and he finds a place for a couple of years. But I do not see him having some long career. Max 3-5 years of actual play. He may stay on rosters etc longer....

Tyriq McCord is a edge rushing nightmare.. Coaches took that away from him and expected him to be something he's not, a traditional linebacker.

I think McCord, a couple of years from now, will be a contributor at LB in the league. I think the more he played the position, the more he became comfortable, and the more plays he made from the traditional LB position. **** i think he can get snaps as a 3rd down rusher now, but give him time and i think he can be a productive player from the traditional LB position.

Best thing to happen to Tyriq is that he was MADE to stand up and play a traditional LB role for us because that is his only hope to stick around in the NFL.

When someone is good enough to start for an NFL franchise but the head coach at his university doesn't feel he's good enough to start, it's called being misused. He didn't have a bad year at corner his one season there, he just didn't get much playing time.

Huh he played a lot. He got injured towards the end of that year. He started here. I even think he took reps from DVD. He wasn't misused man. He played a lot. Once again his lone season at corner here is what gave him the opportunity in the league.

Advertisement
Back