Miami Players sign as UDFAs

Burns and Howard played under the same exact system.

Burns got drafted despite coaching because scouts could see his athleticism and potential. These scouts have a plethora of film to look over. You don't think they could've found something in Howard's film that would warrant him being drafted? (if he indeed was as good as yall say he is) They can see Howard run every coverage in the book while watching his film. There's plenty of plays with him playing press-man.

What they saw was a 5'10" Corner with marginal foot speed who runs a 4.5-4.6 forty.
You make a lot of good points in this thread, Beardy. But the NFL draft point is weak. There have been tons of guys who have excelled in the NFL as free agents or as guys who were passed over hundreds of times and drafted very late.

Tom Brady might be the best QB in the history of the league, and he was passed over probably 250 times before the Pats took him.

Wasn't James Harrison undrafted? I think he won the NFL MVP once. If you don't think Howard can cover that's one thing. But to say your point is proven by him going undrafted weakens your arguments.

No doubt you make a good point but we're talking about a CB...that played at Miami...opposite a 1st rounder. (and a former national recruit)

This kid's been playing CB at Miami for 4 seasons. It's not like he's under the radar.

I'd find it hard to believe that a true stud CB could go unnoticed for 4 years, especially playing at Miami. It's kinda hard for CB's to fly under the radar. It's a simple position to evaluate. Tom Brady is a QB (a system QB at that). We see QB's slip in the draft all the time. And James Harrison is a midget.

Your point makes sense I'm just not sure if I'd apply it to Howard. I find it hard to believe that they evaluated Burns enough to draft him in the 1st round but didn't use the same diligence to evaluate Howard.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back