Miami picks up 2017 ATH Henderson

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
CJHenderson.jpg

Miami picked up a big-time commitment yesterday for the 2017 class in Christopher Columbus ATH Chris Henderson, Jr., as first reported by CanesInSight.com. An electric athlete from the Cutler Ridge area in Miami, Henderson hopes his commitment brings a string of luck to the Canes recruiting efforts.

“The coaches told me I could start it off and get the rest of the recruits to come to the class,” Henderson said.

The 6-1, 177-pound athlete said that two names he will try to lure to Miami with him are Southridge defensive backs Shawn Davis and Billy Gibson, both of whom are top priorities for Mark Richt’s coaching staff.

Henderson is used all over the field for the Explorers, on both sides of the ball and can be a weapon in the return game. Miami is recruiting him as a defensive back.

“I feel like I can play it because all of the coaches tell me I’m a 1st round-pick at corner. It doesn’t really matter what position I play, but in college I will play corner.”

The newest “Squad 17” member feels like Richt is finally the coach who will get things going in Coral Gables.

“He’s a cool guy. I feel like I can practice with him for four years and he can bring the U back.”

Henderson also seems excited to get to work with his future position coach Mike Rumph.

“He was a cool guy and made me feel comfortable. I know he can be a good coach because he played at UM and has the experience.”

Henderson's highlights - 2015 Junior Year Highlights - Christopher Henderson highlights - Hudl

Advertisement
I'm just learning about this kid and ****! Love his height and that explosiveness makes him scary if he develops

Advertisement
Says something in itself in that he didnt mention bandy.

Not necessarily. He's very close with him. Actually a lot of the Gulliver (Burns, Ced, Dionte) , Killian (Jaquan & Redwine), Colombus(CJ, Jobe, Guy) and Southridge (Jrock, Gamble, Scott, Bentavious, Wiggins, ***an, Davis, Gibson etc.) guys are close to him.

Get the sense that these kids can't weasel into convincing Richt on someone. He's going to go after who he wants.

Providing Ross & Gibson at SS. Henderson, Davis, Roberts & Lat Brini at CB. That's an NFL potential haul of 6. Bandy maybe a numbers and want situation. Hope it doesn't cause any ill will with his many friends we want. Might be better to let him join his buddies at the U and maybe drop Ross. Or if Brini is not a certainty then it's not like you bringing in a chump with Bandy. Having a lot of talented kids can sometimes mean tough decisions on who's left out.

Says something in itself in that he didnt mention bandy.

Not necessarily. He's very close with him. Actually a lot of the Gulliver (Burns, Ced, Dionte) , Killian (Jaquan & Redwine), Colombus(CJ, Jobe, Guy) and Southridge (Jrock, Gamble, Scott, Bentavious, Wiggins, ***an, Davis, Gibson etc.) guys are close to him.

Get the sense that these kids can't weasel into convincing Richt on someone. He's going to go after who he wants.

Richt ain't Golden. These kids will learn that

Advertisement
Back