Miami Performance comparison to last year

Advertisement
Basically, nearly every negative category except interceptions was a result of our poor offensive line, specifically in passing plays.
There are still way too many stupider D penalties and both lines seemed responsible for the majority. Youth was a bigger factor on the DL, but if we don't get significantly better on the OL there won't be major improvements next year.

I wonder if Golden has enough self awareness to see if he would have changed coordinators maybe he still has a job.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Defensive stats jumps were huge. Can't say enough about how good the defense was this year.

Offensive stats were disappointing - given that the entire offense returned, coaching was better, and schedule was a little softer. You'd expect a bigger jump.

The defense has been a pleasant surprise, especially given how unpopular Diaz's hiring was. The offense however was a bit of a disappointment. The offense actually had a decent amount of talent because James Coley was a pretty good recruiter, unlike D'onofrio. (Regardless of how bad of a playcaller Coley was.) Richt really should have done better with the talent Golden's offensive staff left behind. With that being said Richt seems to be getting better at playcalling and by next year the players should be more used to Richt's system.

Advertisement
According to so many fake gurus on this site, our offense was better last year so these stats dont make sense lol

Richts offense was better in spite of Brad Kaayas incompetence. If we had a better qb the 3rd down conversion rate would improve beyond the realm of pathetic.

Futures bright, clearly proves that Brad is holding this offense back and as soon as he is out of my face on this team the offensive numbers will continue to improve on the same level as the defensive improvements.

Basically, nearly every negative category except interceptions was a result of our poor offensive line, specifically in passing plays.
There are still way too many stupider D penalties and both lines seemed responsible for the majority. Youth was a bigger factor on the DL, but if we don't get significantly better on the OL there won't be major improvements next year.

Good point.

But I will ask if the stats looked good for the 3 average or better teams we faced, and ND?

Advertisement
Back