Miami Palmetto Panthers

Advertisement
I know EXACTLY who you are lol (never met you but I think I saw your name at school, 2 of yall went to Western Michigan that year I believe) You played with Eric Houston right?

The Reef had some talent when I was there! I graduated 2011, played with Devin Rahming (FAU) Charles Sawyer (Ole Miss) Malcolm Monroe (Georgia Tech) Brandon Clements (Navy) Corey Griffin (Cincinnati) Jacob McCrary (West Virginia) Nico Pierre (Duke) Sterling Shippy (Alcorn State/Indianapolis Colts) and the infamous Vernon Davis lol (Miami/West Virginia)

Coach Clements was actually recruiting kids to the Reef, he just had them apply for the business or legal magnet on the application because they were the easiest to get into lol. The biggest mistake dumb *** Principal Leal made was firing him over a rumor he was leaving for a better job, since he left the Reef has had one kid go D1 (Illinois I think) and they had to join a special conference because they're so sorry smh. If my heart was into it I'd really try to join the staff & become a coach there
Yup, Eric Houston was my best friend back then. 2 to Western Michigan, 1 UM (Eric Houston), 1 UF (Dorian Munro, Malcom‘a older brother), 1 NC State (Avery Vogt), 1 Air Force (Alex Neal). Same thing with us, we were poised to actually compete our senior year but they fired our HC, Frank Ponce (Louisville QB Coach), because some bench player parents complained he was “coaching too hard”. We got sorry *** coach Bryant from Killian and he was trash. Our best players were on defense and we begged him to let us play offense. He wouldn’t. we got to the point where we were just playing for stats to get offers.

I digress. Glad to see some ‘Cudas in here.

Advertisement
Southridge's old coach tried to recruit me WAY BACK in 2006 when I was in 8th grade playing for the Broncos. I didn't go because my mom didn't want me thugged out over there lol plus Southridge always looked like a prison to me

Palmetto has all of Howard & a piece of West Perrine zoned to it, that's where all the black kids historically have came from lol. I think it's been like that since you were there because my big cousin graduated from Palmetto in 2000 and it was like that then (he was from Perrine.) Cutler Bay High has a piece of Goulds (most Goulds kids don't wanna go there & choose to go to Southridge or South Dade instead lol) Killian has all of Richmond Heights & most of east Kendall.

I played football at Coral Reef & my coach hated that we were a magnet school because if we were a neighborhood school we'd be the best team in the country lol

coral reef was in my district i think my last 2 yrs of high school....i think we are still scorin against them,.....early 2000s

what happened to my hs krop? did they drop into some ymca division?

Yup..went to the independent league..**** near went undefeated last yr but no one cares because the **** is like optpmist football.

A school as big as Krop shouldnt be in an independent league playing scrubs

Advertisement
Yup..went to the independent league..**** near went undefeated last yr but no one cares because the **** is like optpmist football.

A school as big as Krop shouldnt be in an independent league playing scrubs

they weren't when i was in HS lol. we were with Norland in what was 6a i think

Crazy amount of talent on that team.

Question for the guys who have seen Palmetto?

Is their roster/talent "top heavy"?
Meaning they have a handful of 4/5 stars but the rest of their team is mediocre... (not D1)

Or do they also have a bunch of 3-star or FBS kids sprinkled along the roster to go with their 4/5 stars?

they weren't when i was in HS lol. we were with Norland in what was 6a i think
I remember Krop had 2 kids go to Ohio State in the same year (07 or 08 I believe.) I played yall in high school & yall had a nice linebacker that went to Purdue that crushed me over the middle when I was playing slotback lol

Advertisement
I graduated from Gables in ‘83, we beat Palmetto my SR year 10-7. I think Kelly Ziegler was the best LB at Palmetto, went to Tenn.
I graduated from private school in 83 but was at Palmetto 80 and 81. George Mira Jr was an 83 grad (pretty sure he was in my class). Orsen Mobley was there too. Not a great team overall but ok. Bill Allen played TB and my best friend played WR till 82. Ziegler was a good player Too.

He was Born in mass, transferred to a high school in conn. That’s what usually happens with the top level guys from Massachusetts. Or they join up in the preppy ISL. Huge competition disparity in Mass, usually the same 6 public/private schools with maybe another 2 lucky ones playing some respectable ball every year.
Problem up here is that everyone’s still a 3 sport athlete so football cannot be trained for all year. As well, no 7 X 7 and besides BC camp there is no real camp circuit for the few talented guys we have to get noticed.
So true, Mass people think their kid is God in everything they play. Multiple sport superstars.

Meaning they have a handful of 4/5 stars but the rest of their team is mediocre... (not D1)

Or do they also have a bunch of 3-star or FBS kids sprinkled along the roster to go with their 4/5 stars?
I’ve been waiting for someone to speak more on this myself! Was scheduled to host them week 7 which probably won’t be happening now

Advertisement
You going to keep bringing this up aren’t you. Lol
yup ...lol they had prop joe at dt some that game and i had 2 tfl. * al bundy voice*
GiganticUnkemptGoldenmantledgroundsquirrel-size_restricted.gif

yup ...lol they had prop joe at dt some that game and i had 2 tfl. * al bundy voice*
GiganticUnkemptGoldenmantledgroundsquirrel-size_restricted.gif
If it was ‘02 I was at OT so it wasn’t my fault. If it was ‘03 I was a DT so it def wasn’t my fault. If it was ‘02 somebody crushed our WR on a Statue of Liberty play as we were trying to tie/take the lead and the last thing I saw was him looking like Al Bundy in that gif before getting Pulverized.

The states of

Alaska
Idaho
Maine
Massachussettes
Montana
New Hampshire
New Mexico
North Dakota
Rhode Island
Soulh Dakota
Vermont
Wyoming

Have NEVER produced a single 5 Star football prospect.

This one team has 3 on one unit.
To be fair - I'm pretty sure that there weren't any recruiting services, at least as they currently exist, when I was in high school ('98). I was a five star in my dad's eyes. @Zbrod95 give some love to Idaho!!

Also, would Jake Plummer have been a 5 star?

They have some decent mid level kids also. It’s the in school down south. Gib is building at Killian they have talent. Neal is a good coach. He’s having a tough time luring talent to the Ridge. Homestead got most of the ridge kids. They followed there coach down there. South Dade has some players also.

Advertisement
Back