Miami Palmetto Panthers

Crazy amount of talent on that team.

Question for the guys who have seen Palmetto?

Is their roster/talent "top heavy"?
Meaning they have a handful of 4/5 stars but the rest of their team is mediocre... (not D1)

Or do they also have a bunch of 3-star or FBS kids sprinkled along the roster to go with their 4/5 stars?
We got some good players in 2022 & 2023 that will go D1 but I'm not sure if they'll be 4/5 stars like the 2021 kids

Advertisement
I graduated from Palmetto back in 84. When I went there we were average at best at just about all sport except tennis, etc. George Mira Jr. was the preeminent football player at the time from the school. The school drew from Perrine and Richmond Heights if I remember correctly and there was virtually no transferring of you didn’t physically move into the district.

The best athlete there at the time was a guy named Joe Jackson. I ran high hurdles and was the best hurdler on the track team (not saying much). Joe came out one day and just tried hurdling for the first time and was faster than me after fifteen minutes. Pretty depressing day actually.. He played football and ran track. Great athlete. No idea what happened to him though.
Wondering what happen to Joe Jackson? The rise and fall of a great athlete. Through the midst of his journey in the wilderness of life Joe Jackson, stumbled and was force to meet his strongest opponent...THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. Unlike the orange bowl or the Panthers games. the devil bowl game was titled The United states vs. Joe Jackson. He gave his all but eventually Joe Jackson fumbled and lost the battle. The final score was a mandatory 20 years in the federal penitentiary. The heart of a lion Joe Jackson refused to give up. There he came face to face with himself. A selfie he didnt like. Stripped naked of all of his worldly possession he still vowed to win the war. He trained physically, mentally but most of all spiritually. He challenged the inner forces cutting away one layer at a time. As the sun set so shall it rise! The thought is the cause of it all.
I am Joe Jackson, and still I rise!
I graduated from Palmetto back in 84. When I went there we were average at best at just about all sport except tennis, etc. George Mira Jr. was the preeminent football player at the time from the school. The school drew from Perrine and Richmond Heights if I remember correctly and there was virtually no transferring of you didn’t physically move into the district.

The best athlete there at the time was a guy named Joe Jackson. I ran high hurdles and was the best hurdler on the track team (not saying much). Joe came out one day and just tried hurdling for the first time and was faster than me after fifteen minutes. Pretty depressing day actually.. He played football and ran track. Great athlete. No idea what happened to him though.

Just wondering, was Satch a high school nickname?

Wondering what happen to Joe Jackson? The rise and fall of a great athlete. Through the midst of his journey in the wilderness of life Joe Jackson, stumbled and was force to meet his strongest opponent...THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. Unlike the orange bowl or the Panthers games. the devil bowl game was titled The United states vs. Joe Jackson. He gave his all but eventually Joe Jackson fumbled and lost the battle. The final score was a mandatory 20 years in the federal penitentiary. The heart of a lion Joe Jackson refused to give up. There he came face to face with himself. A selfie he didnt like. Stripped naked of all of his worldly possession he still vowed to win the war. He trained physically, mentally but most of all spiritually. He challenged the inner forces cutting away one layer at a time. As the sun set so shall it rise! The thought is the cause of it all.
Blessings to you my man!

Blessings brother! Glad to see you overcome the perils of the system!

Advertisement

If that is truly you Joe, then you were a great athlete. More importantly, to come out of one of life’s most difficult situations as a better human being is a true mark of distinction. Good for you sir.

Absolutely. That was the biggest scam. It was supposed to be Richmond Heights Senior High School but SW 102nd ave separates The heights from Kendall/Pinecrest. No magnet barrier and Coral Reef has all the kids from Richmond Heights, Perrine, Colonial Drive/Fairway Heights, and some of South Miami Heights. **** would get real.
That's true. Killian & the Ridge would've taken major losses to their talent pool. Especially the K because at least Southridge would still have Goulds & Modello, etc. to feed them. My stepbrother is from Fairway Heights and he wound up playing for the Ridge c/o '99. Our homeboy Iman who lived around the bend on Pine Lake hooped for Reef. Only way he got in was through the Magnet Program. Their cribs are like 9 or 10 blocks from Coral Reef. RHHS woulda turned Killian into Sunset...

Last edited:
That's true. Killian & the Ridge would've taken major losses to their talent pool. Especially the K because at least Southridge would still have Goulds & Modello, etc. to feed themMy stepbrother is from Fairway Heights and he wound up playing for the Ridge c/o '99. Our homeboy Iman who lived around the bend on Pine Lake hooped for Reef. Only way he got in was through the Magnet Program. Their cribs are like 9 or 10 blocks from Coral Reef. RHHS woulda turned Killian into Sunset...
Big Facts. Ha Pine Lake. My moms taught there for like 25 years. She’s a Pre-K teacher. Yeah, all the talent that ends up at the K, Palmetto, and Ridge (up to 168st.) would never made it there with RHHS. The whole Richmond Heights Giants pop Warner players would be going straight there.

Orien Harris was a 5* on some services from Delaware. He was in my senior class at Newark High School after I moved up from Hialeah. They also had Kwame Harris, his older brother and was a highly rated 5* the year prior and went to Stanford.
Did you know anyone from st marks?

Advertisement
Big Facts. Ha Pine Lake. My moms taught there for like 25 years. She’s a Pre-K teacher. Yeah, all the talent that ends up at the K, Palmetto, and Ridge (up to 168st.) would never made it there with RHHS. The whole Richmond Heights Giants pop Warner players would be going straight there.
Yup, bruh grew up off 162nd & 112th Pl. He definitely would've been an RHHS alum...

The states of

Alaska
Idaho
Maine
Massachussettes
Montana
New Hampshire
New Mexico
North Dakota
Rhode Island
Soulh Dakota
Vermont
Wyoming

Have NEVER produced a single 5 Star football prospect.

This one team has 3 on one unit.
Just wondering how palmetto became a power house in high school football ? They use to be the easy win on the schedule.

Advertisement
Just wondering how palmetto became a power house in high school football ? They use to be the easy win on the schedule.
People have been killing Manasco on here but he’s one of the best coaches in South Florida when it comes to turning programs around. He made Westland not terrible when he was there.

At this point, all Manasco has to do is win in the playoffs bc he’s dong everything else he’s needed to at Palmetto.

Advertisement
Southridge sucks (They had half of Killian's team transfer there in 2015/16 & win a state title in '16. Billy Rolle leaves, they make some bad hires & suck again)

Homestead sucks (They got some young blood on the staff to help recruit, they've got some talent rising on defense, they've been picking from Southridge's turf. South Dade has been picking from their turf heavy)

Killian sucked but is resurging (they fell off after everyone left to Southridge/Columbus. They recently hired Nole Derrick Gibson who is turning things around quick. They're starting to take back Richmond Heights from Palmetto/Columbus.)

The best options for football players down south are Palmetto, South Dade & a resurging Killian. A good amount of parents don't want their kids acting a fool at South Dade or Killian, thus Palmetto. As far as private schools go, Gulliver can't take everyone & Columbus is all boys, that's kinda ***

Last edited:
Southridge sucks (They had half of Killian's team transfer there in 2015/16 & win a state title in '16. Billy Rolle leaves, they make some bad hires & suck again)

Homestead sucks (McCray is getting old but he got some younger guys on the staff to help recruit, they've got some talent rising on defense, they've been picking from Southridge's turf)

Killian sucked but is resurging (they fell off after everyone left to Southridge/Columbus. They recently hired Nole Derrick Gibson who is turning things around quick. They're starting to take back Richmond Heights from Palmetto/Columbus.)

The best options for football players down south are Palmetto, South Dade & a resurging Killian. A good amount of parents don't want their kids acting a fool at South Dade or Killian, thus Palmetto. As far as private schools go, Gulliver can't take everyone & Columbus is all boys, that's kinda ***
So we’ll be dealing with Manasshole’s antics for quite a while. Can’t wait.

Advertisement
Back