Miami Palmetto Panthers

Palmetto has all of Howard & a piece of West Perrine zoned to it, that's where all the black kids historically have came from lol. I think it's been like that since you were there because my big cousin graduated from Palmetto in 2000 and it was like that then (he was from Perrine.) Cutler Bay High has a piece of Goulds (most Goulds kids don't wanna go there & choose to go to Southridge or South Dade instead lol) Killian has all of Richmond Heights & most of east Kendall.

I played football at Coral Reef & my coach hated that we were a magnet school because if we were a neighborhood school we'd be the best team in the country lol

I graduated from Palmetto back in 84. When I went there we were average at best at just about all sport except tennis, etc. George Mira Jr. was the preeminent football player at the time from the school. The school drew from Perrine and Richmond Heights if I remember correctly and there was virtually no transferring of you didn’t physically move into the district.

The best athlete there at the time was a guy named Joe Jackson. I ran high hurdles and was the best hurdler on the track team (not saying much). Joe came out one day and just tried hurdling for the first time and was faster than me after fifteen minutes. Pretty depressing day actually.. He played football and ran track. Great athlete. No idea what happened to him though.

Advertisement
Palmetto has all of Howard & a piece of West Perrine zoned to it, that's where all the black kids historically have came from lol. I think it's been like that since you were there because my big cousin graduated from Palmetto in 2000 and it was like that then (he was from Perrine.) Cutler Bay High has a piece of Goulds (most Goulds kids don't wanna go there & choose to go to Southridge or South Dade instead lol) Killian has all of Richmond Heights & most of east Kendall.

I played football at Coral Reef & my coach hated that we were a magnet school because if we were a neighborhood school we'd be the best team in the country lol

Do they have all of Howard? I wasn’t sure if/where the line is. Same with Richmond Heights. I went to punk *** FC Martin for 6th grade and some of my friends went to k and the rest to Palmetto.

I graduated from Palmetto in 99 - Markeith Cooper and Haven Fields were just ahead of me and went to Auburn. Cecil Sapp (Colorado State), Corey Collier (fsu and Corey Jr.s’ dad), Chris Myers, and Andrew Handy (Memphis) are the football players I can remember w/ D1 scholarships in that era. Corey Kinsey (IIRC, he lead Dade in rushing yards) went to a D3 I think.

I haven’t lived in South Florida full time since then, my guess is that the boundaries for Palmetto have changed. My guess is further South into Goulds - (but not sure because Cutler Bay Sr. didn’t exist when I was in school) and West (past US-1 into Howard and Richmond Heights).

Palmetto would make noise once every few years but not like this.
Cutler bay sr is nothing they dont have sports. Palmetto has actually been stealing guys that would usually go to ridge(my school) Leonard taylor is actually ayed for ridge for 2 years

Advertisement
I graduated from Palmetto back in 84. When I went there we were average at best at just about all sport except tennis, etc. George Mira Jr. was the preeminent football player at the time from the school. The school drew from Perrine and Richmond Heights if I remember correctly and there was virtually no transferring of you didn’t physically move into the district.

The best athlete there at the time was a guy named Joe Jackson. I ran high hurdles and was the best hurdler on the track team (not saying much). Joe came out one day and just tried hurdling for the first time and was faster than me after fifteen minutes. Pretty depressing day actually.. He played football and ran track. Great athlete. No idea what happened to him though.

I graduated from Gables in ‘83, we beat Palmetto my SR year 10-7. I think Kelly Ziegler was the best LB at Palmetto, went to Tenn.

Advertisement
1596156130299.png

Advertisement

Absolutely. That was the biggest scam. It was supposed to be Richmond Heights Senior High School but SW 102nd ave separates The heights from Kendall/Pinecrest. No magnet barrier and Coral Reef has all the kids from Richmond Heights, Perrine, Colonial Drive/Fairway Heights, and some of South Miami Heights. **** would get real.

Advertisement
Wait Delaware has had a 5*? I know they have a pretty good QB in next years class but I think he’s only a 4*. Were the Harris brothers 5*s?
Orien Harris was a 5* on some services from Delaware. He was in my senior class at Newark High School after I moved up from Hialeah. They also had Kwame Harris, his older brother and was a highly rated 5* the year prior and went to Stanford.

About the first week I moved to Idaho from Ortona, FL someone in Boise saw my Canes hat and we struck up a conversation. He told me with absolute conviction in his eyes, "Jared Zabranski can throw a potato 80 yards in the air from his knees." I was dumbfounded.

Yeah man. I think my picture is still up there. My class was blessed to have 6 players go D-1 that year. I went to Western Michigan.
I know EXACTLY who you are lol (never met you but I think I saw your name at school, 2 of yall went to Western Michigan that year I believe) You played with Eric Houston right?

The Reef had some talent when I was there! I graduated 2011, played with Devin Rahming (FAU) Charles Sawyer (Ole Miss) Malcolm Monroe (Georgia Tech) Brandon Clements (Navy) Corey Griffin (Cincinnati) Jacob McCrary (West Virginia) Nico Pierre (Duke) Sterling Shippy (Alcorn State/Indianapolis Colts) and the infamous Vernon Davis lol (Miami/West Virginia)

Coach Clements was actually recruiting kids to the Reef, he just had them apply for the business or legal magnet on the application because they were the easiest to get into lol. The biggest mistake dumb *** Principal Leal made was firing him over a rumor he was leaving for a better job, since he left the Reef has had one kid go D1 (Illinois I think) and they had to join a special conference because they're so sorry smh. If my heart was into it I'd really try to join the staff & become a coach there

Advertisement
Back