Miami out for Michael Johnson JR?

Again my point stands. It has seemed for a while now that this kid is looking for every reason possible to not be a CANE. I think if he really wanted to be a Cane he would have committed already.
Thought the same ****

Advertisement
im starting to get an uneasy feeling about this kid i dont think that he ends up a cane. would have been an interesting kid to have and i really do hope he commits but he doesnt seem like he is locked in and is trying to find a reason not to be a cane.

Again my point stands. It has seemed for a while now that this kid is looking for every reason possible to not be a CANE. I think if he really wanted to be a Cane he would have committed already.
I think he's going thru the process just like any other recruit. The fact that he's on the West coast makes perfect sense that he set up multiple visits when traveling East. He said he's going to make a decision late July/August so there's no worrying necessary.

The telling sign will be if he comes to Paradise camp. If he goes to Paradise, I would expect a commitment during or shortly after. If he doesn't show, or hasn't committed soon after, then it would be safe to say at that point, he's not committing to Miami.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If* he’s out who will we go after? find it hard to believe we wouldn’t take a qb this year given there is a chance one of the backups(not jarren) could potentially transfer if they lose out on the job next spring.

I would Say taisun considering that clemson is even more loaded at qb than Miami is and he may not want to sit all those years behind Lawrence

This is a pretty bad look for Richt Jr. considering all of the trips he took to Oregon. Not saying MJJ is all-world or anything but that's pretty embarrassing if true.

Advertisement
One thing I will say is that Newberg has a close, personal relationship with Willie Taggart, so he is probably much more reliable under this new coaching staff than under Jimbo.

Where there is smoke there is fire. Just a few days ago, I thought this kid was already a lock, now I'm getting a bit concerned.

This I kind of agree and disagrees with. 3 years ago Newberg got EVErYTHINg right and I think he had a good relationship with staff, but I also think the old staff more importantly had a GREAT feel for the Kids they are recruiting. WIth Willie Newberg is much closer but last year the Noles fans and Newberg got a lot of miss information and I think it’s because Willie or staff doesn’t have a real good grip of the kids they are recruiting yet/ever.

Advertisement
This is a pretty bad look for Richt Jr. considering all of the trips he took to Oregon. Not saying MJJ is all-world or anything but that's pretty embarrassing if true.
qb class isn’t great as it is so there aren’t that many viable options to recruit honestly. It’s a very weak qb class. If we do miss on him I want to see Miami go after Jayden Daniels from Cali who put up unreal numbers and or taisun of course
Jayden Daniels, Cajon, Dual-Threat Quarterback

If he commits, great, otherwise no big. We have a full house right now. The next class is where it's at...
Always got to take a qb every year but you are right next class is definitely better at QB in terms of talent.

Advertisement
Back