Miami Open drastic impact on parking

Advertisement
going to be interesting. The preferred lot passes will be at a premium... those Orange lots will be across the street now.

Advertisement
You do realize that just like the court in the middle of the stadium the courts in the parking lot are temporary, right?

It's a shame to see it move from Crandon Park, which I always thought was a really cool location (but outdated at this point), to a place with absolutely no character. That being said, 15 football games a year don't pay for a $1b renovation. You have to increase asset utilization somehow and this is as good a way as any. It's the Jerry Jones model to pay for Jerry World.

You do realize that just like the court in the middle of the stadium the courts in the parking lot are temporary, right?

It's a shame to see it move from Crandon Park, which I always thought was a really cool location (but outdated at this point), to a place with absolutely no character. That being said, 15 football games a year don't pay for a $1b renovation. You have to increase asset utilization somehow and this is as good a way as any. It's the Jerry Jones model to pay for Jerry World.

the link says "Construction on the new tennis facilities will begin in 2018."... what are they building that's not permanent?

Advertisement
This looks like a joke! ****, I will be using Lyft for any event there ever!

matheson is a real piece of ****. deep-pocketed, sports-hating, litigation-happy biotch is the only reason it can't stay on the key.

on the plus side, it's going to be interesting when someone gets into an accident on the turnpike and the players on the outer courts get to listen to sirens and horns blaring in the middle of a serve.

I've been asking around, yes, the entire "home side" parking will be removed to accommodate a once a year tennis tournament. Given the construction of the roof, they can't flip the home and away side or else we will be the team and fans that bake in the sun.

Advertisement
IT'S TIME TO EVICT THE MARLINS AND MOVE BACK INTO OUR HOUSE.....

Hate the fat faced clown, but by far the best bit Dan L.ever had was exposing the MLB Commish. All those crook polititions who conned the County tax payers in to funding something worse that a ponzi scheme should all be shot and ****ed on. Instead the old owners just walked away wiht all that cash

Always bltching about something.

First of all, they have a right to try and earn a return on their investment of half a billion dollars.

Secondly, it will actually improve the overall appearance of the the parcel, making it look like a sports complex.

Finally, you geniuses are complaining about something about a year and a half or more in the future. There is additional land west of the stadium and in other areas to accommodate the spaces being sacrificed. I am certain they will come up with an actual plan and specs to address these concerns, and in the end it may not be as many spaces as you think. In any event, they have to provide parking, so they will have a solution.

My advice: hold the bltching until you actually have something specific to bltch about. But hey, that’s just me.

Advertisement
IT'S TIME TO EVICT THE MARLINS AND MOVE BACK INTO OUR HOUSE.....

No question that POS team gets sold within the next 5 years.

The real question becomes.....can our football program generate enough revenue, over the next few years, to warrant the university, and city, to negotiate us back home

You’re nuts.

To play in a fūcking 35k baseball stadium with a horrible configuration and retarded sightlines for football?

Did you go the VaTech and ND games or any other home games this year?

Obviously not, or you wouldn’t even consider the possibility.

You want to leave that???

You fūcking people.

Didn't realive it was only 35k. I thought it seated near the 45neighborhood.
The rock is a he'll of a venue for a collegiate team...prolly one of the best ....but its not ours...not like the original OB

Advertisement
Back