Miami on the ACCN today

Advertisement
Advertisement
The 2 worst games UM played in 2001 were BC and VT.

We should've blown the doors off of VT. We were up 20-3 and then I think Dorsey was dealing with a shoulder injury which made it tough for us to move the ball in the 2nd half. People point to the dropped 2pt conversion but they had another chance to win after that. Ed Reed intercepted a pass to seal it.

The BC game was crazy. One of my friends was there and he said the wind was insane that day. Having Dorsey (or anyone for that matter) attempt as many passes as we did that day was stupid, especially considering Portis had over 160 yards.

Watching the BC game right now. Should have blown them out as well. Dropped passes and bad throws. Should have won by 20 even without Walters heroics (let’s be honest, Matt Walters made the play. Reed just made the score look better).

Advertisement
No idea why Sievers didn't do the NFL thing.
Dorsey's limitations were blatant in those games, he has never belonged in the same company as Kelly, Kosar, Testaverde, Walsh in my opinion.
Dorsey was all about the intangibles. Easily the worst athlete and pure passer of any legendary Cane QB...but still went 38-2 as a starter. His brain set him apart which is how he helped coach Cam Newton and Josh Allen into pro-bowl QB's. The guy is almost a QB whisperer.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back