Miami offers QB Jalan McClendon from North Carolina

Advertisement
Advertisement
Good pocket presence and accurate on deep ball.

This is exactly what I thought...especially for his SOPH film. He has a nice arm, mobile but not a run first type as he keeps his eyes downfield when he slides around the pocket. Obviously will tuck when necessary or sees an exclusively positive play and gets down. I think this is a really good film to see from a Soph. Has me looking forward to seeing this past year's film of him.

Advertisement
EJ Manuel lite

I would have to disagree Jalan's Sparq rating is on of the worst in the country for a QB.
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/combine/_/id/163773/jalan-mcclendon

Some of hs on field decisions are questionable also and could have cost His team a 2nd round state playoff game. Your the QB and supposed to be the smartest on the field.

QB ejected for Taunting
http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=8604893&src=desktop

QB Taunting ejection reduced to unsportman like foul
http://obsprepspot.blogspot.com/2012/11/west-meck-qb-jalan-mcclendon-cleared-to.html

I am not sure what Coley is looking for in A QB with digging up some of these kids, when there are gun slingers out there like O'Conner, Litton, etc. McClendon threw for 1235yd and 9 TDs in 12 games as a Junior in North Carolina.

McClendon got smoked at the Atlanta Elite 11 to the point his performance is barely mentioned in the amoung the up and coming QB prospects.

Qb named as Elite 11 participant
http://www.sbnation.com/elite-11-qu...6520/atlanta-watson-harris-preview-darlington

Let's see how this plays out.

@ Paranos youre like a broken record. We are not going to go after O'Conner & Litten get over it. It is not like those two are elite talents thatt we just decided to pass up on, there are questions about both of their abilities also. Remember, these are his sophomore highlights also

Did you miss his junior stats of 1235yds and 9 TD's as a starter in 12 games. Do those numbers set the world on fire for you? It doesn't for me. Not to mention how he didn't perform well at the Elite 11. I am just saying elite talent wants to play with elite talent. Litton won the golden arm award at the elite 11 and O'Conner is ranked as #10 pro style Qb in the country so please know what your talking about before you bash someones post

I am just saying I would like UM to sign an elite QB that rally other elite players to commit to UM ala Teddy B did with louisville A few years back. James Winston did when commit to FSU .

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Did you miss his junior stats of 1235yds and 9 TD's as a starter in 12 games. Do those numbers set the world on fire for you? It doesn't for me. Not to mention how he didn't perform well at the Elite 11. I am just saying elite talent wants to play with elite talent. Litton won the golden arm award at the elite 11 and O'Conner is ranked as #10 pro style Qb in the country so please know what your talking about before you bash someones post

I am just saying I would like UM to sign an elite QB that rally other elite players to commit to UM ala Teddy B did with louisville A few years back. James Winston did when commit to FSU .

Go Canes

I don't like the kid as a prospect either, but obviously the staff has showed interest in him over the other players. Litton has majoe character issues & with the dismissing of the recent players the staff isn't going to bring in a kid like that. Lipton completion rate wasnt the best either at 56%. He has a gun but not the most accurate qb. The elite 11 doesn't determine how good a qb is, however it is a nice event to see how the qbs get evaluated. O'Conner is ranked highly but with quarterbacks that doesn't mean everything. Qbs bust all the time. O'Conner looks like a good player but you sound like a broken record talking about players that will never come to Miami. He commits in June & has not received any interest from us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reminds me of Japickory highlights in which he throws up the ball to a WR who outjumps everyone else. Maybe he'll have tape in another yr or two showing him making some tough throws.

Advertisement
any relation to tj mcclendon? (Rb who went to nc state)

Doubtful for a couple of reasons:

1) Jalan is from Charlotte and TA is from Albemarle (eastern part of the state)
2) They spell their last names differently (McClendon v. McLendon)

#2 seems more persuasive than #1

I actually wondered the same thing. A guy I went to UM with was a trainer for TA in high school. Wouldn't have caught the spelling without googling.

Advertisement
Back