JUCO 2024 Miami Offers 6'5 JUCO WR Leland Smith

Trust me I would have preferred to keep Colbie than be on the position we are at now. I just don’t think you can succumb to a WR making public financial demands.

Then it will be a habit every year for players. That all needs to be kept in house and negotiations should be beneficial to both parties. I think paying Colbie that with public knowledge you’re now alerting your WR room that your #3 WR is now your highest paid WR (I’m not including any of the new recruits. Not sure what they received, but it’s the reason players are advised to keep NIL private). And that not only doesn’t sit well with your #1 and #2 WR but it gives them reason to request a renegotiation but every single other player.
I understand that logic….and I agree to an extent.
Imagine if we had given our #1,2&3 a raise, they probably deserve one and they will only be here for one more year. Sell them on a championship run with Ward, and pay money for a Real TE along with the offensive line enhancements, if they Win an make a run in the playoffs the money they would’ve paid for stability is a drop in the bucket.
I hope it works out well, right now it just feels like we’re not calibrated. Maybe that will change after spring.
The cheap principles route is the route I would’ve taken if I didn’t think I could make a run.
Right now I don’t think we are better than a well Coached Louisville with their free agent additions. Clemson will be better the old school developmental route, they still won 9 games last year with a young team and a fairly new coordinator.

Advertisement
Golden screwed him for his own personal gain. 2014 offense was loaded and Williams would’ve performed better, Golden knew if he started Williams and we weren’t good he would’ve got canned, so he went with true freshman to use as a scapegoat, the ole “yes we weren’t good but look at the future” got fired next year anyway.
Really?

Johnston…didn’t have a bad rookie year either

Wtf? He only got playing time because Mike Williams and josh Palmer got hurt....wasn't getting on the field til then, let alone targeted. And even then he did zilch. One of the worst performances by a 1st rounder in years. Despite having a legit franchise QB throwing the ball.

Legit questions as to whether he is a bust.

Advertisement
Wtf? He only got playing time because Mike Williams and josh Palmer got hurt....wasn't getting on the field til then, let alone targeted. And even then he did zilch. One of the worst performances by a 1st rounder in years. Despite having a legit franchise QB throwing the ball.

Legit questions as to whether he is a bust.
Worst performances by a first rounder in years? Johnathan Ross would like a word

Advertisement
Advertisement
My feeling for the last month after losing out on Jeremiah, is that we would wait until the next window after Spring practice to back up the Brinx truck and get a WR1 from the portal.
Agreed. Limited spots. Can't bet the farm on an unknown project. Back channel. Pay a proven commodity handsomely.

Advertisement
My feeling for the last month after losing out on Jeremiah, is that we would wait until the next window after Spring practice to back up the Brinx truck and get a WR1 from the portal.
What WR1 is going to be in the portal post spring? Most of the guys that enter the portal post spring are the ones that got beat out and fell down the depth chart

So did Addison. It’s a dumb post. The majority of guys in the portal at all times got beat out.
The pool is significantly smaller. You named two very rare cases. There is very small chance you see guys of that quality enter the portal post spring. My point is don’t get your hopes up

Advertisement
Back