2023 Miami offers 2023 WR Jalen Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
They Pull Me Back In Al Pacino GIF by The Godfather

Advertisement
Hold up, not to “derail” but I have to go back & repost to see if I understood a player comp correctly:

-Did I read a comparison of Brown to Ginn Jr?

If I did, did I reaaaaaaally read a rebuttal saying, not a good comparison to Ginn b/c he wasn’t a #1 WR at OSU & a one trick pony??!

Am I missing something? I mean back in the day I did use to smoke a lot, so maybe I 4got a time period in my life, but wasn’t Ginn Jr a top 10 overall pick in the NFL draft and a 3x 1st-team AA at OSU? Didn’t he play 13 yrs in the league? If this is Jalen’s comparison, sign me up. If he can become a top 10 NFL draft pick & a 3x 1st team AA wearing Orange & Green, I need that action.
Kind bud brain fog…..

I can’t believe this is even an argument..if Jalen Brown does ANYTHING at the college level that leads to him being a 3x first team All American…(which is pretty much unheard of nowadays in college)…you are crazy or just trolling if you wouldn’t want that. Ted Ginn was an absolute playmaker in college. We would only be so lucky to have JB commit to us and be his comp.

I’ll also say this, with the talent we are bringing in..if JB had a college resume like Ginns..you can bet we won or at least played for a national title.

Let’s hold a good thought on JB today. Looks like we still got a shot here.

Advertisement
I’m vexed & perplexed by ur statement. Again, a 3x 1st team All American, meaning from his True Frosh to Jr yrs, he was a 1st team All American. He didn’t play in the era we’re privy to, today. I don’t doubt his NFL career didn’t not live up to the college hype, but **** I can say that for a good amount of 1st round picks. However, in college, I’m sorry, u’re wrong. Theodore was an amazing college athlete. I don’t even like doing this, but:

Again, if we get this Jalen Brown?? Sign. Me. The. Fck. Up

The best compliment I can give TG JR. He looks like a Miami return guy. And yes, that is high praise in my book. I miss those days.

As of now I’m rescinding my prediction. There’s just too much smoke with Gulliver saying cane. A few players on Miami are under the impression he’s coming too. Coaches are more unsure. Like I said I’ve never seen anything like this , so I’m just going into “ foggy“ mode like the 247 guys do lol. I’ve never done this in five years so please respect my decision lol
Decision respected lol!

I’m not directing this toward the info you’ve given, but rather toward the kids perspective, but it sure seems to me this whole last couple weeks of divergence seems like it was INTENTIONAL to create a buzz and put the spotlight on this kid. Don’t know what you got til it’s gone kind of stuff. There’s been far more visibility to this kid this week than prior when it seemed he was a cane lock.

Don’t know which way he goes, but this is more than odd to say the least.

Of course I picked the one international airline that doesn't have wifi so I'm in the dark the next ten hours
I was on a flight across from Europe during the Mauigoa announcement. I may have woken up a few people with my victory scream when he I was able to read that he announced for the good guys (probably over the Azores). Sorry to hear of your plight.

What I don’t want is a commitment then a respect my decision in a few months. We’ve dealt with that ish too many times over the last decade

Advertisement
As of now I’m rescinding my prediction. There’s just too much smoke with Gulliver saying cane. A few players on Miami are under the impression he’s coming too. Coaches are more unsure. Like I said I’ve never seen anything like this , so I’m just going into “ foggy“ mode like the 247 guys do lol. I’ve never done this in five years so please respect my decision lol

Could the kid be trying to throw people off the LSU noise to create excitement for his commitment?

I could see why this is weird and maybe the kid has had second thoughts. He is so close to campus, has been around a lot and dad is a huge fan. That’s not a normal situation. Maybe he is legitimately torn and maybe at the 11th hour he decided or will decide home is where the heart is. I’m willing to accept that this one is legitimately 50/50 because I can understand the emotions he might be feeling.

Could the kid be trying to throw people off the LSU noise to create excitement for his commitment?
Imo it’s the opposite. He’s been making too much noise that it’s LSU or Michigan when everyone knew it was Miami previously. Like his IG only shows LSU and Michigan. Cane.

Advertisement
I could see why this is weird and maybe the kid has had second thoughts. He is so close to campus, has been around a lot and dad is a huge fan. That’s not a normal situation. Maybe he is legitimately torn and maybe at the 11th hour he decided or will decide home is where the heart is. I’m willing to accept that this one is legitimately 50/50 because I can understand the emotions he might be feeling.

Is his Dad a huge UM fan or is his dad against UM? I feel like this thread has a bit of both lol

It’s hard for some to differentiate collegiate career from NFL career. It’s like the question, who had a better MIAMI career: Ray or Dan? I’ve seen & heard many say Ray b/c Ray is arguably the GOAT NFL MLB; but, in college there’s no other Cane more decorated than Dan, & b/c Dan’s NFL career was f’d up by injuries, his Miami career is often overlooked as weird as that sounds.

OSU Ted was electric, dynamic, & definitely worthy of going 1st round. NFL wise, no his career did not live up to the billing, but he was enough of a solid contributor to last 13 yrs.
13 years is living up to the billing lol

Advertisement

Cmon man, I got too much stuff to do at work today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back