2023 Miami offers 2023 WR Jalen Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are these low-profile porsters with less than 100 posts suddenly coming from?

Can't wait for Saturday when I'm pretty sure a lot of them are going to disappear. At least until we miss on someone again.

Advertisement
To me Cribby and others are still spot on. He didnt get on stage and throw our hat after we were all convinced he was coming. I like the fact I now can pay no attention. Good Luck to the kid. He is now off my radar. Hoping for Wayne and Colin A. Be thrilled with even just one. Its July 7th and our class is already shaping up to be at worst top 10. A few more commits and all the sudden this staff can go all in on the last group of elite guys. More focus on those last 10 or so spots

we were feeling ourselves because we've got some big commits, some more coming soon. But like Cribby has said nothing is sure until that ink dries. Mario is killing it despite not coaching a game here. But NIL will always have these kids and their families thinking twice and having their hands out. Some kids will shut it down once they commit but most wont...and sadly to say the SFLA kids will likely be the worst offenders. Even when we start winning we arent getting every elite kid. But then when we start winning and don't take some kids its another battle this staff will fight down in SFLA. But hopefully Mario being an alpha doesn't waste much energy on that. I hope we stick to a more national approach.

Brown a solid prospect but a bit overrated. Should be ranked 75-125 range. I know my WR's. Everybody compares him to Anthony Schwartz but thats a lazy eval. Brown is a faster less polished Rashad Greene. I think he's better than Jean tho. Brown will need time to develop. If he patient and put on weight he'll be great.

You think Jimmy and Butch and Dennis didn't recruit guys that weren't all in on UM right away? Dude I can name you multiple UM legends I knew personally who were committed to other schools before coming here. And it wasn't always just for the love of the U. That's just real life.
Yeah right lol. Please name them.

After reading the posts questioning his mental toughness & hands doesn’t feel like as much of an L. Would sting a lot more if it was a 5 star backer or linemen that close leaving

Reactions: JD4
Advertisement
A good friend of mine has coached J Brown since the youth levels and he's always said he was mentally soft. I also heard JB has beef with another one of our current recruits. It's probably for the best that he goes elsewhere. Kid's got wheels if we're gonna miss on something I'd rather miss on a WR than a player in the trenches or a linebacker.
you know who else is considered mentally soft? Cormani. you still want the kids to commit because its the perception that we win the recruiting battles

Love me Robby and ray ray, but we’re missing the guy on the outside with size that can consistently win battles.
This is something not enough people are talking about. We badly need a talent infusion at WR and we are lacking the talent on the outside more than anywhere else. Hope that board is deeper than we realize or we hit the portal much harder (and earlier) next spring

Lots of copium being passed around this morning. It’s an L for now. Maybe it’s a short term or lucky loss, but a loss. Mario will find a suitable replacement. Let’s not all act like this info on hands, routes, etc., hasn’t been around for months. This is looking more like a Gator thread

page front GIF
A+ sir. Very professional use of this gif.
:pgdead:

Advertisement
Brown a solid prospect but a bit overrated. Should be ranked 75-125 range. I know my WR's. Everybody compares him to Anthony Schwartz but thats a lazy eval. Brown is a faster less polished Rashad Greene. I think he's better than Jean tho. Brown will need time to develop. If he patient and put on weight he'll be great.
Omg here we go. It drives me crazy when fans start calling a prospect overrated every time they decide not to come to Miami. Yesterday he was the best wr in the state, and today he is "overrated" the minute we find out he isn't coming to Miami. I have seen Brown in person several times, he is clearly a legit prospect. There was always something about Miami that made him hesitant. I definitely don't think his recruitment is over. Brown is definitely a guy that we can circle back to in December.

Love me Robby and ray ray, but we’re missing the guy on the outside with size that can consistently win battles. This WR class is stacked in S.FLA and yet these divas are still looking for excuses not to come here. That’s fine - and it’s why we’re going national and should continue to do so.

Only in Miami are the hometown kids this disloyal and cancerous. High schools can’t crap on us for recruiting these kids hard and in exchange the kids drag us along only to end up out of state for x reason; so they better get used to seeing more kids out of state with orange and green on. Mario knows what he’s doing.
It’s not the kids but the adults around them.
When everyone you’ve looked up to and guided you has told you to go to the frontrunners ever since you were ballin in peewee what do you think is gonna happen.
However, let’s not act like one of the biggest reasons this began to occur was 100 percent this school’s fault.
I’ve been bashing these Kids for years now.
I’ve called them the sofla sell outs. I’ve bashed their parents and their coaches plenty of times here.
But the product on the field and the lack of success compared to the level of recruiting is just inexcusable.
All that did was push the narrative that was being sold here and we never countered it with anything except one 10 win season and another sht performance in the acc championship.

The admin never put in the effort or resources to do compete. We fell so far behind in so many areas and we’ve been paying the price.
I was on the bandwagon of talent over coaching and that development was a myth cause you couldn’t make chicken sale out of chicken sht.
Despite the fact that basketball schools were beating us every year with way lesser ingredients.
Look what 6 months has done to change the narrative already.

I have a feeling that this wasn’t a loss as a much as everyone is saying.
It wouldn’t be surprised at all if this ended being a pope vs Jeudy type of scenario were everyone said both were nfl receivers but only one was.

I still think Brown is a stud. But if this was an evaluation thing then I have no problem with that. If this was a parental involvement issue then that’s gonna happen every cycle.
If this was the kid making that decision then again we’re gonna be more than fine.

This isn’t the same receiving room that needed a grad transfer from Buffalo.
This ain’t gonna be the same o line that couldn’t push.

We’re over exaggerating this potential loss. Even if Brown becomes all sec we will still be fine.

Why wouldn't a parent get involved with a decision like that for their son? And we don't know what went down.
In Parrish case his parents were always fans of FSU therefore no matter what hated Miami.

Even though Miami was the best fit , parents personal view blurred what was best.

Parrish parents know now pride cost his son a year or so of playing where he was supposed to be.

Parents found out the hard way

Advertisement
Every recruiting cycle there's always that one guy that everyone hangs all over his nuts and gets upset if he goes somewhere else. I guess it's Jalen Brown this cycle. In the last two weeks we've added

5 star - Francis Mauigoa
4 star - Jaden Rashada
4 star - Riley Williams
4 star - Ray Ray Joseph
4 star - Robert Stafford

In addition, look favorable to add the following two this weekend

5 star - Jayden Wayne
4 star - Collins Acheampong

Some people will just never be satisfied. There's still 5 months until early signing day and a season to play. If we have a decent season I trust Mario will have the best recruiting class we've seen here in a long time and we'll add two/three really good WR's to Joseph and Washington.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back