2023 Miami offers 2023 WR Jalen Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are these low-profile porsters with less than 100 posts suddenly coming from?
Brother, they came out of the woodwork as soon as Mario became a strong possibility. Many of them, admitted or not, were whining under other screen names that Manny wasn’t getting a fair shake.

Feel like 1999 a lot around here again….bail out when times get tough, guru up when things are looking strong.

Advertisement
OK, so there are a lot of posters who seem confused by this whole situation.

Don't be.

To me, from what I've heard over the past year, there have always been two "red flag" areas. And maybe some think "red flag" means "don't take the kid", so maybe "yellow flag" is better. Warning. Beware. Who knows, I'm just trying to express a point here.

But I have rarely, if ever, mentioned Jalen Brown by name. I never considered him a "Miami lock". If you search my posts, you'll see I'm much more in favor of Jurrion ****ey than Jalen Brown. Why, you ask?

One red flag has always been his skills, and whether there is unanimous "raving" by coaches and those who have seen him perform. Have we ever heard stories about "yeah, Michael Irvin had a bunch of drops in that game, but he's still a take"? Now Jalen Brown is fast, but I have always noted that COACH TYPES (not just those who get all their info from Rivals/247) have questioned his toughness, his route-running, and his hands. These are big problems for me, if a guy doesn't have these attributes, I could give a fvck about stars. On the other hand, I heard some positives from people I trust, so I CONSIDERED the possibility that UM coaching could reverse some of these flaws. BUT STILL, with those kinds of red (or yellow) flags, I was not on the Jalen Brown Train. I trusted the coaches if they still wanted him, but he was not a "must-have" in my eyes.

The other red flag was family. If you hear things about loud parents who say eye-opening things, you at least have to take this into account. I'm an oldhead, I've been around. I remember Daddy Fortay. I remember Jeff George. I've seen some amazingly talented kids with wacko families. Sometimes it works out, often it does not. Again, I trust the coaches. But it can be tricky to have a wacked out family still living in the same area code.

So am I surprised by this? No. Check my posts, I've never raved about "we must sign Cane lock Jalen Brown". I have some friends who liked him a lot, and then I hear about all the drops at 7-on-7. So, yeah, I was on the fence. I was like "if Mario and Alonzo want him...then I'm making my peace with it..."

Let's move on. Let's bust out that ****ey. Pause. Wait, that didn't come out right...

But you get it, let's show Jurrion ****ey some NIL love and get him back down to Miami for an OV.

All the best, Jalen, you'll always be SoFla born-and-bred, but if you ain't a Cane, I'm not worried about what you're gonna do at LSU or anywhere else. Sayonara, and I hope we beat LSU's a$$$$ in a bowl game like we did back in 1988 when I caught the first half of Miami killing LSU in Baton Rouge before spending the rest of the night in jail.

Advertisement
I actually did say he’s gone friend. It’ll be Lsu.

1520CA81-2DC5-4C9D-A7E3-DF2108D93BCF.gif

Was Jalen the one who was getting abused during one of the tournaments? I think it was in front of the staff and Zo. He was having issues getting open and beating press coverage. Either way, this one is still an L and would love to have him, but good luck kid.

Advertisement
Advertisement
. . . . .

But you get it, let's show Jurrion ****ey some NIL love and get him back down to Miami for an OV.

All the best, Jalen, you'll always be SoFla born-and-bred, but if you ain't a Cane, I'm not worried about what you're gonna do at LSU or anywhere else. Sayonara, and I hope we beat LSU's a$$$$ in a bowl game like we did back in 1988 when I caught the first half of Miami killing LSU in Baton Rouge before spending the rest of the night in jail.
Nice finish.

Why wouldn't a parent get involved with a decision like that for their son? And we don't know what went down.

We absolutely do know what went down. "Getting involved" and "Controlling the process to the point where you veto your kid's choice" are two different things.

Keep trolling, or do I have to get @LeedsCane in here to murder you again?

Advertisement
Nice finish.

Disturbing the peace/resisting arrest...

They arrested a TON of people during that torrential downpour. ****e got fugly. They had to evacuate Mike the Tiger because the sidelines were flooding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back