2023 Miami offers 2023 WR Jalen Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
LSU’s season win total is 6.5

Miami has all the momentum right now.

Even if Brown commits to LSU, if Miami stays hot and produces on the field, and LSU wins 6 games, this is a prime signing day flip candidate.

We’ve been on the other side of these recommits & flips for the better part of 2 decades. Feels like the pendulum is swinging back our way.
LSU was an absolute hot mess last season. They couldn't even snap the ball consistently to the QB.

Further, the new Head Coach in Baton Rouge is, IMHO, creepsville., Anyone see that vid of him trying to cut the rug with a recruit? It was hella awkward. When you look up "a@@hat coach" in the encyclopedia, they prob have a pic of him. Maybe he's a relative of that psycho in MN.

Would you rather have your son play for Mario (a terrific human being with all of his players best interests at heart) or a guy who allegedly forced filming of practice to continue during high winds (in spite of warnings) which led to a student unfortunately passing away when the tower he was standing on crashed to the ground? Any parent who is aware of what happened to that poor kid should IMHO not let their son play for that man.

Somehow I just read 20 pages (yep that’s on me) and some are still not realizing it’s not as simple as JB spurning the hometown team lol.

I mean this when I say it, and you can pull receipts because I was big sad when Jean decommitted, I’m not fretting over this one.

He’s a track star who also plays football. And his 100m is 6 tenths of a second slower than Anthony Schwartz’s was, btw.

Best of luck to him though to him with his career, unless he’s playing us, but especially against the gators.

Advertisement
I had at least 5 s.fla wrs i liked better than him and wanted him as a cb....Jus my thoughts. He was a CIS board favorite though.
I agree with you, he’s a straight-line runner and we’ll certainly hear more about his developing situation post-commitment. It’s just hard to fathom considering Gattis loves speed, and this kid oozes it. Maybe the lack of toughness + inconsistent hands was enough to push him down the pecking order. Maybe he just dragged Miami along like a typical S. Fla diva WR…we’ll find out soon enough.

Wonder if Miami ever had new Miami Beach resident Ed Orgeron talk to Brown and his fam on their behalf. Give the family an insider's take on all the flaws of that program in Baton Rouge. Maybe he wouldn't do it....but maybe he would?

I agree with you, he’s a straight-line runner and we’ll certainly hear more about his developing situation post-commitment. It’s just hard to fathom considering Gattis loves speed, and this kid oozes it. Maybe the lack of toughness + inconsistent hands was enough to push him down the pecking order. Maybe he just dragged Miami along like a typical S. Fla diva WR…we’ll find out soon enough.
Yea hes a straight line burner. I heard of the suspect hands locally (nothing to big)

So ive always had him down my list of the s.fla elite wrs. I definately would take him in the class but i liked his athleticism more as a possible cb.

I liked Hykeem Williams, Andy Jean, Brandon Innis, Fowles, Robby Washington the whole time.

I had him in the group with Ray Ray Joseph. And Ray Ray Joseph film and spring work really impressed me.

I had at least 5 s.fla wrs i liked better than him and wanted him as a cb....Jus my thoughts. He was a CIS board favorite though.
I think people love those 5 stars right now… if he does get bumped to a 4 star you’ll see folks back off the ledge

If Zo and co don’t think he’s got that mentality to develop I’ll trust them…

Advertisement
There is nobody who knows this kid better than Miami's staff.

He plays on Immortals, which is sponsored by cigarette racing.
He played with multiple other Miami commits including QB Rashada and fellow receiver Washington.
He goes to a Miami feeder school.

If the staff is cooling on him and he feels ignored or not prioritized like he thinks he should be, then I trust they know that they're doing.

With all the momentum and excitement we've had the past few weeks around recruiting, I was surprised to see basically no reference to it at all on Jalen's social media.. Not even when Rashada committed, his QB. That was telling.

There is nobody who knows this kid better than Miami's staff.

He plays on Immortals, which is sponsored by cigarette racing.
He played with multiple other Miami commits including QB Rashada and fellow receiver Washington.
He goes to a Miami feeder school.

If the staff is cooling on him and he feels ignored or not prioritized like he thinks he should be, then I trust they know that they're doing.

With all the momentum and excitement we've had the past few weeks around recruiting, I was surprised to see basically no reference to it at all on Jalen's social media.. Not even when Rashada committed, his QB. That was telling.
So we are running with the whole we cooled on him angle? In the meantime we were told in April that we were gonna get snubbed here while most were saying he was a lock. I am not knocking those that said he may have been a lock either. It’s just the kid didn’t want to come here. It’s a miss and a loss but we will be okay. The we cooled on him talk is something we would see in a Tears thread.

So we are running with the whole we cooled on him angle? In the meantime we were told in April that we were gonna get snubbed here while most were saying he was a lock. I am not knocking those that said he may have been a lock either. It’s just the kid didn’t want to come here. It’s a miss and a loss but we will be okay. The we cooled on him talk is something we would see in a Tears thread.
That was just based on what Shodell said. I have no idea but it makes the most sense to me.

Advertisement
That was just based on what Shodell said. I have no idea but it makes the most sense to me.
I hear you but the MO the entire cycle has been speed speed and more speed. This kid is faster than anyone we have committed and has elite track times. That’s no disrespect to our guys because we have 2 top tier and explosive WRs committed but Jalen is running 10.6s as a junior and some of the fastest 200s in the nation. To say that we cooled on him would be a departure to what was being sold.

How long do you chase someone that doesn't reciprocate interest? Not saying that's what happened here but cooling on a player is reasonable.

Hey weren't you giving me a rash a crap because I dared to say that I thought Jalen Brown wasn't coming? Then when it seemed he was going to announce for us you had to be a jerk and post a **** emoji after quoting me. Now however it seems like he's going to commit to another school. Must be embarrassing for you. I hate it because Brown was my fav WR this cycle. Like us Cubans like to say.... "Te cojistes el culo con la puerta"
page front GIF

How long do you chase someone that doesn't reciprocate interest? Not saying that's what happened here but cooling on a player is reasonable.
100%. My bad if I misread his post but I took it as they cooled because of questions about him as a prospect. What you suggest makes sense but at the same time doesn’t line up with who Mario is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back