2023 Miami offers 2023 WR Jalen Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
No idea how bad we want Brown. But we already have Ray Ray and Robby. Jean is a Miami lean, and now we're turning the heat back up on Hakeem. That's 4 WRs which is a pretty heavy for one position.

Just odd a south florida kid would choose to play for Brian Kelly.

Advertisement
I know it’s not an either/or situation, but I’ll take the trench bullies. Our WR class currently is great. Brown and Hykeem would have made it elite. This kid is good, but not any more special than Joseph or Washington imo. I hope we get the kid. It’s been awhile since we took an L. This will happen and Mario will have quality backup plans. I am all in on the trench bullies. That’s what will bring us back.

Gulliver kids should be lay-ups. School is literally 5 minutes from campus and very pro-Miami. Interested to hear the inside story on this one

Kobe Bryant GIF

Advertisement
Man wants to be grinded on by Brian Kelly, be my guest
Brian Kelly is one of the most overrated coaches in CFB. I can’t name a big game he ever won at notre dame. Add in those dance moves and gotta believe he doesn’t have the best connection with highschool/college kids. Was hoping that’s who the gaytors hired, but turns out they hired someone even worse in G5 Billy.

Michigan 247 writers have a thread entitled "Handicapping the Race for Jalen Brown.". some quotes by his father in an interview he gave them after the visit:

-
“We talked about NIL (during the Michigan visit),” Mr. Brown said. “I ain't gonna say that I try not to get into it, because I think that's important. But with any coach and any team that we've been across, I don't really talk about it that much. That’s because I feel like my first priority is him being developed and him becoming the player that I think he could be. (NIL) is important because when he gets it, it's something that he deserves because he worked hard for, and it should happen. But I know every school is going about it differently. Michigan said some things about what they're doing and what they're trying to do as far as their players and stuff like that. I get it. And I know Miami is doing some things too. But everything's different. At the end of the day, I think you’ve still got to figure out what's best for you.”

“If everything is pretty much like… almost the same per se, then you’ve got to weigh other things. We just want to be in the best situation for him. I want him to feel like he's a priority, I want him to feel like he's gonna be a good fit, and I want him to feel like he's gonna be developed. I want him to feel like all the boxes are checked because I feel like we have all the boxes checked (for the schools).”

Anyone paying attention ought to know the southern schools have a more aggressive NIL pitch than Michigan. In a pure NIL battle with those schools, the Wolverines would lose. Period. And in the case of Brown, if his recruitment came down strictly to NIL, Miami would win going away. I don’t think there’s any way the Hurricanes would be out-spent for a hometown five-star. No way. But I don’t think this one is shaping up as a pure NIL battle. Unfortunately for Michigan that’s looking like a blessing and a curse

A blessing because the Wolverines have done a good enough job checking all the other boxes… and that was no small undertaking in the aftermath of Josh Gattis and Nate Crutchfield departing for Miami. But it’s also a curse because I think it has made room for another factor to be the differentiator.

Mom.

Mom is currently in Miami visiting. I know the Browns had a lengthy family meeting yesterday about Jalen’s recruitment and possibly bringing it to a close. I also know getting a commitment out of the way before she heads home this weekend is a major motivation for him. Now I’m getting the impression that the chance to be closer to mom could be the distinguishing characteristic.

Mom lives in Mississippi. Advantage LSU. That’s my
OPINION.

To be clear, the Tigers are in a good spot on the merits. He had a great visit to LSU, they have an excellent lineage of top-flight receivers, their NIL game is obviously strong, and his former AD at Gulliver Prep is on staff in Baton Rouge. But being closest to mom could be what puts them over the top.

Advertisement
OK dude has wanted to commit for some time, but suddenly says he's going to commit in a couple of days?

This screams of a plan. To me this says he is announcing because someone has been holding onto his commitment and they finally determined now was the best time. Sounds like Mario working it like all these other commits. This is part of the plan. Something may have changed. Maybe some other fish is about to jump in and Mario wants to kill it this weekend and told him to come on board now to title wave this ****. But this is part of a larger plan. Its like Mario is busting teams in the mouth with his plan and this would be busting LSU in the mouth.

I also think Alinen is sitting their waiting as well. He alluded to that in one of his tweets about getting the commit graphics dude ready. That's when Mario busts Alabama in the mouth.

He also is close to Rashada, he jetted to Miami fast when Rashada asked him to get there. That would mean he knew where he was going when he did that.

Dude was part of Miami Immortals getting flown around on private jets with his boys... and with Ruiz... He knows the love he will get here.

Kid is a Cane.

Watch

dball2.gif

OK dude has wanted to commit for some time, but suddenly says he's going to commit in a couple of days?

This screams of a plan. To me this says he is announcing because someone has been holding onto his commitment and they finally determined now was the best time. Sounds like Mario working it like all these other commits. This is part of the plan. Something may have changed. Maybe some other fish is about to jump in and Mario wants to kill it this weekend and told him to come on board now to title wave this ****. But this is part of a larger plan. Its like Mario is busting teams in the mouth with his plan and this would be busting LSU in the mouth.

I also think Alinen is sitting their waiting as well. He alluded to that in one of his tweets about getting the commit graphics dude ready. That's when Mario busts Alabama in the mouth.

He also is close to Rashada, he jetted to Miami fast when Rashada asked him to get there. That would mean he knew where he was going when he did that.

Dude was part of Miami Immortals getting flown around on private jets with his boys... and with Ruiz... He knows the love he will get here.

Kid is a Cane.

Watch
1657143364665.gif

Advertisement

Kid is a Cane.

Watch
I had the same thoughts

But I suppose ya never know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back