2023 Miami offers 2023 WR Jalen Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
So we getting killed for WR in SO FL or not. Miami Flo was basically trashing the guy on his show a few nights ago saying he got bullied in Vegas and that Highsmith has man looking at different targets in the WR room.

I aint an insider but that's what he said. I think it would not be a good thing to let speed like that get away from across the street literally.

Advertisement
So we getting killed for WR in SO FL or not. Miami Flo was basically trashing the guy on his show a few nights ago saying he got bullied in Vegas and that Highsmith has man looking at different targets in the WR room.

I aint an insider but that's what he said. I think it would not be a good thing to let speed like that get away from across the street literally.
Cant let kids like that get away. We have never gotten everyone in SFLA but we used to get the majority. Inniss is gone and Keem looks like a long shot. Need to land Jalen and Ray Ray. Jalen because he is a great prospect and Ray Ray because I think that kid might be the best of the bunch.

Advertisement
Lol, someone would have shared it eventually.
E39C2D99-2A2A-4599-A66B-8BFD2B7B60DD.jpeg

Losing Jalen Brown would be pure pain. We need speed! However, Flo wasn’t the only person that said that. Ivins said he got a little shook after someone took his head off in one of the first games. WR recruiting is hard as ****.

Unpopular opinion, it’s the one position group where I feel like we can’t fall in love with highly ranked local guys only. We need to look hard at Texas and Cali guys. The burnout rate of the top rated WR prospects in Florida is higher than you’d expect.

Here are the top 3 WR in the state each of the last 5 cycles
2017: Jerry Jeudy, Trevon Grimes, DJ Mathews
2018: Mark pope, Jacob Copeland, Kevin Austin
2019: fFrank Ladson, Jeremiah Payton, John Dunmore
2020: Marcus Rosemy, Arian Smith, Xzavier Henderson
2021: Jacorey Brooks, Mario Williams, Agiye Hall

2021 crop looks the most promising by far. The rest of these guys either busted or had mediocre careers. 1 NFL draft pick In Jerry Jeudy.

Yes we want to keep local talent home but we can’t get caught in the trick bag of only going after in State guys. IMO the guy in this class that we need to put the full court press on is Jurrion ****ey. Unofficially visited at the beginning of June. 6’3 210 absolute monster! He would be WR1 for me.

Advertisement
It’s never easy but Mario and staff are built for this. Also underlines why it’s important to keep recruiting kids like Cottrelll. Always have options
This why I’ve been a huge huge proponent of National recruiting...

No coach can wave a magic wand & undo the decades of programming that South FL athletes have been inundated with, the hard truth is we are a really long ways away from being looked at as the premier program that local recruits want to flock too & even if we do win we still won’t be.

Everyone puts on the Orange & Green glasses all offseason & becomes Pom-Pom wavers saying we’re going to land everyone & then reality sets in; those of us who are realistic & objective get brow-beat to death all offseason with glossy messaging about recruiting & anyone who dares question anything at all gets labeled as a “hater”.

Turning Miami into a premium local recruiting attraction will take time, a lot of time. However, we still have the appeal as a National brand & if we continue to put forth our efforts into National recruiting it will pay dividends.

I like the staffs National recruiting thus far & really hope they lean into it heavier. I would take a cold business-style Clemson like approach to South FL recruits, put everything on the table early, lay out the NIL opportunities, let’em visit a few times & then tell’em to sh*t or get off the pot; if they don’t commit within a certain timeframe, then I’d move on.

Obviously, no coaching staff would do that because recruiting season doesn’t really begin until Nov-Feb, but even so still I would spend all the Spring/Summer months establishing relationships with OOS prospects.

Advertisement
It was also stated that whoever we landed at QB would make a difference how the WR board shakes out.

Not sure what was meant by that but something tells me in the next month or so we'll find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back