2023 Miami offers 2023 five-star QB Dante Moore (Detroit, MI)

They are in the same boat as us, new HC and a wait and see. Kid wants to see how both teams look this fall. Freeman is a way bigger question mark than MC turning Miami around.

This is key. I'm tired of people talking "depth chart" and whatnot.

Could Rashada get on the field faster at Florida? Sure, but we are talking about Billy fvckin' Gaypier. Could Moore be closer to home at Notre Dame? Sure, but who knows if that head coach can deliver, I remember how a "player favorite" hire turned out at Miami once upon a time...

Advertisement
This is key. I'm tired of people talking "depth chart" and whatnot.

Could Rashada get on the field faster at Florida? Sure, but we are talking about Billy fvckin' Gaypier. Could Moore be closer to home at Notre Dame? Sure, but who knows if that head coach can deliver, I remember how a "player favorite" hire turned out at Miami once upon a time...
Natty 👀

He’s said he wants the season to play out. Us having a good year and ND have a bad one could be beneficial. He has great relationship with Gattis

He’s said he wants the season to play out. Us having a good year and ND have a bad one could be beneficial. He has great relationship with Gattis
If these kids cant see whats happening at Miami I dont know what to think. We shouldn't have to have some kind of 10-2 season to sway kids to come here. Things are changing dramatically and they should have enough sense to know that it takes more then 6-8 months to over come the crap that Manny left us. The facilities are coming. The coaching staff is another thing that should jump out to these kids. **** even the administration and support they are showing has got to make an impression on these kids and there families. Add to it the whole Ruiz cherry on top, to me its kind of a no brainer to come to Miami.

If these kids cant see whats happening at Miami I dont know what to think. We shouldn't have to have some kind of 10-2 season to sway kids to come here. Things are changing dramatically and they should have enough sense to know that it takes more then 6-8 months to over come the crap that Manny left us. The facilities are coming. The coaching staff is another thing that should jump out to these kids. **** even the administration and support they are showing has got to make an impression on these kids and there families. Add to it the whole Ruiz cherry on top, to me its kind of a no brainer to come to Miami.
You're right **** it. Seems like every year a new coach takes over at a big name p5 school, goes 8-5, and still lands a top 10 class because recruits have bought into the changes and direction of the program.

Advertisement

unimpressed michael keaton GIF

We’ve been a mediocre program for 20 years. You think 5 star QB’s are just gonna come because we have an invested program now? Miami has to show on the field what an elite program looks like on top of facilities, coaches, etc.

We seem to be the only school where big recruits repeat the “well, I have to see them win and see where the direction of the program is going.” Why does that only seem to happen with us and why am I not hearing the same kind of thing for perennial 4-5 loss teams like ATM or USC or Texas, etc?

We seem to be the only school where big recruits repeat the “well, I have to see them win and see where the direction of the program is going.” Why does that only seem to happen with us and why am I not hearing the same kind of thing for perennial 4-5 loss teams like ATM or USC or Texas, etc?
Because that’s what’s being said against us by other programs that don’t want to see us back. Not to mention the toxic nature of South Florida coaches getting bags to talk us down.

Advertisement
ND most likely will only be underdogs week 1 against OSU. Clemson and USC are the only other "tough" games, and USC (despite the flashy transfer portal additions) are still 1-2 years away because they suck in the trenches.

The rest of ND's schedule is a joke. They're going 9-3 worst case scenario.
Most likely? Nah, they 100% will be underdogs vs OSU. OSU will light them up.

Nah, it applies to us because we haven’t won at all during that time. When we actually started winning we signed our best class in 18 and then we **** the bed all the way to rock bottom which was losing to FIU. These kids want to come to Miami we just have to give them a reason to, and up until the last six months, we have given them every reason not to come. Nobody on average recruits the way we have the last 2 decades while not only putting out a **** product but also not investing in the program itself.

Nah, it applies to us because we haven’t won at all during that time. When we actually started winning we signed our best class in 18 and then we **** the bed all the way to rock bottom which was losing to FIU. These kids want to come to Miami we just have to give them a reason to, and up until the last six months, we have given them every reason not to come. Nobody on average recruits the way we have the last 2 decades while not only putting out a **** product but also not investing in the program itself.
Yeah but I think his point is USC and Texas haven't done anything of relevance in about 15-20 years either and aren't getting the same scrutiny we are. Granted, USC has Riley now and he has been in the playoffs, but we also have Mario who turned Oregon around very quickly and some of their best recruiting classes ever.

Advertisement

Nah, Texas and USC has been as brutal as we have. It's working against us because other schools do a **** good job in negatively recruiting against us.

Advertisement
Yeah but I think his point is USC and Texas haven't done anything of relevance in about 15-20 years either and aren't getting the same scrutiny we are. Granted, USC has Riley now and he has been in the playoffs, but we also have Mario who turned Oregon around very quickly and some of their best recruiting classes ever.
SC has had way more success than us the last 15-20 years. They aren’t what they used to be but compared to us they look much better. Even Texas has been in two title games in the last 20 year with the last one being 09. They suck even more than SC during that time but they at least won their last 4 bowl games. It’s not the reason they are having success in recruiting right now but it just underlined what a **** stain we have been. We aren’t even average, we have outright sucked but even then anytime we show a pulse the national media can’t wait to run the ‘is Miami back’ story.

I think the fans on here are over sensitive when it comes to our team which is to be expected. Realize that many fans from other teams are completely dumbfounded on how the fvck we are in so many player’s top 10s and 5s right now. Because the way they see it, we suck and are a has been. We will over achieve this year and sign a top 10 class, hopefully this time is different and we actually follow it up with some sustained success. I think we do but at this point I can’t hold it against anyone if they are cautious.

I think we will be top 5-10 in recruiting. Those 3 schools in particular have their reasons. ATM throwing 25-30M and Jimbo has won a natty before, Texas is throwing around a lot of money and USC might have one of the best offensive coordinators in college football along with a lot of money.

Because except for 4 weeks in 2017, all Miami has been to them is a completely dysfunctional program that doesn’t invest in football. When Texas, A&M, and USC sucked, at least they were supported and had top notch facilities.

If I was a kid in Michigan, I’d have to see it to believe it with Miami too.

Advertisement
Back